PDA

View Full Version : pioneer 880prs questions

dc2_gsr
09-18-2007, 03:36 AM
ive had my 880prs about a year now and when ever i turn the headunit on it makes this really weid load buzzing noise any one know what the promblem what be thanks

adam71
09-18-2007, 08:39 AM
ive had my 880prs about a year now and when ever i turn the headunit on it makes this really weid load buzzing noise any one know what the promblem what be thanks

Sorry but I don't know what a "weid load buzzing noise" is. I'm sure this was a typo or something but I don't know what you're trying to say.

Boostedrex
09-18-2007, 08:42 AM
It sounds like you may have popped the small pico fuse inside of the unit. This happens commonly on this unit when RCA's are connected/swapped with power on the hu. You have two options:
1. Open the chassis of the deck and replace the fuse yourself
2. Send the hu off for repair and they'll change the fuse for you.

Not sure why, but the 880prs seems to be pretty sensitive when it comes to the pico fuse blowing. That is the number 1 reason people get a high noise floor from that hu. Hope this helped you some. Best of luck.

adam71
09-18-2007, 08:44 AM
It sounds like you may have popped the small pico fuse inside of the unit. This happens commonly on this unit when RCA's are connected/swapped with power on the hu. You have two options:
1. Open the chassis of the deck and replace the fuse yourself
2. Send the hu off for repair and they'll change the fuse for you.

Not sure why, but the 880prs seems to be pretty sensitive when it comes to the pico fuse blowing. That is the number 1 reason people get a high noise floor from that hu. Hope this helped you some. Best of luck.

And all it takes is for people to power down the unit or disconnecting the battery while messing around with it. Seems simple but yet it eludes A LOT of people.

dc2_gsr
09-18-2007, 07:54 PM
thanks fo rthe reply

Boostedrex
09-19-2007, 08:44 AM
No problem. I hope that it helped. From what I understand, changing the fuse yourself is a pretty straight forward/easy process. I haven't had to do it though so I can't speak from experience.

Home2CarSpeaker
09-19-2007, 08:57 PM
No problem. I hope that it helped. From what I understand, changing the fuse yourself is a pretty straight forward/easy process. I haven't had to do it though so I can't speak from experience.
Hi, Iv'e got the same Pioneer HU and had a similiar problem. I had a bad power surge in my car when things got wet and I think that fried my internal fuse because I got major ground loop problems as a result. I went ahead and grounded the RCA terminals to the HU itself on the screws on back and this seemed to resolve it. I only get hum when I crank my power amp past like 8 volts sensitivity. Maybe the grounding thing covers what the fuse supposedly did.