PDA

View Full Version : Tweeter Placement 05 Dodge 1500 Quad

stereo_luver
09-17-2007, 04:10 PM
New here on this forum and liking what I see so far. I belong to Polk Audio's forum and have been a member for several years. My home 2 channel set-up and home theater was my passion for years. These are consisting of some quality equipment. Macintosh, Luxman, Classe, Jolida, Sunfire Cinema, Polk Audio, B&W and so on. Now I'm back into car/truck audio. By my sig you can see I got some killer deals on some Memphis equipment. Some of this equipment will be passed down to my son next year for his first ride.

My main concern right now is the pacement of my tweeters in my truck. I have an 05 Dodge Ram Quad cab. Curerently I have the tweets located in the dash. I know this is a bad place for them but at the time of the install I was hurried a little to complete what I could and upgrade to a better location later. Now is that time. If the best location would be the a-pillars how should they be oriented? As far as the doors go I can only see where the tweets could be flush mounted almost to the top of the doors far forward near the dash. Any help woiuld be appreciated.

DejaWiz
09-17-2007, 04:56 PM
Use some double sided tape or temporarily mount them in a variety of places to determine what's best to your ears.