PDA

View Full Version : Stock Tweeters

zachplaysguitar
09-15-2007, 12:50 AM
Do the stock tweeters in my 05 Civic have some sort of crossover?
There must be some way of limiting low frequencies.

If they do, is there a way to bypass them, so I can use the one on my HU? (I'm assuming if they are there, they are passive.)

spudracer326
09-15-2007, 12:52 AM
there is a bass blocker inline on the tweet...piull the tweet and youll see...

tbasile1
09-15-2007, 12:57 AM
its not blown yet lol

ive heard stock tweets blow easily

zachplaysguitar
09-15-2007, 12:57 AM
a-ha. Piece of ****.

Either way its cutoff point is way too high.

I guess I'll jsut have to wait for some rainbows.

zachplaysguitar
09-15-2007, 02:47 AM
another dumb question...
do the tweeters hook directly to the factory radio through the harness or is there a single connection that is split to go to the mid and the tweet?

i ask only when because im getting a wire harness, but can only find them in 4 speaker configurations.
will this work or do i need to just slice off the dash harness and connect straight from there.

tcguy85
09-15-2007, 03:15 AM
another dumb question...
do the tweeters hook directly to the factory radio through the harness or is there a single connection that is split to go to the mid and the tweet?

i ask only when because im getting a wire harness, but can only find them in 4 speaker configurations.
will this work or do i need to just slice off the dash harness and connect straight from there.

my scion tc came with stock components and behind the deck it's just the normal 8 wires for the speakers. nothing extra for the tweeters so they must split somewhere else. i bet yours is setup the same way.