PDA

View Full Version : Civic Speaker Impedance

zachplaysguitar
09-13-2007, 05:41 PM
Is there any way to check or does anyone know the impedance on my 05 Civic's stock speakers?

I searched around but found nothing.

I'm getting and Alpine CDA-9887, and am temporarily going to run the stock speakers off it until i upgrade after about a month to some MBQ's or something. i just want to make sure i will be able to hear music in the meantime.

SethPhillips
09-13-2007, 05:43 PM
id say 27 ohm..... quit while ur ahead.
more tyhen likley going to be a 4ohm speaker... like in every car!!!

SRim23
09-13-2007, 05:46 PM
id say its nothing to worry about. probably 4 ohm like ur standard car stereo. ive had a couple cars with aftermarket deck with stock speakers and have had no problem with it sounding any worse.

unless you had the special edition 6 disc mp3 player in your civic itll sound 10 times better than just ur typical civic stock deck.

zachplaysguitar
09-13-2007, 06:01 PM
Actually I do have the Civic Special Edition, however the soudn using the aux for the iPod is nowhere near the quality of cd's because of excesseive dc conversions.
Im looking to use the direct to iPod capability as well as the high pass filter, as i already have subs.

The stock deck only has adjustments for bass and treble, so im also looking forward to the parametric eq and time corrections.

Come december there will be at least an all new front comps, most likeley followed by new rear speakers.

SRim23
09-13-2007, 06:12 PM
all that i was referring to about the SE deck is that it may put out just as much power as your alpine you are getting. other than that yeah the overall sound quality from the alpine is going to be leaps and bounds over the stock deck.

my girlfriend has the alpine d300 6.5 inch flipout and using the aux jack for the ipod isnt much better....sounds terrible actually. id consider investing in one of the ipod interfaces that alpine offers. you can pick one up online for around 40 bucks or so i believe.

starkfu
09-13-2007, 06:53 PM
20 dollars on ebay for alpine's ipod direct connect, and it sounds better then xm

zachplaysguitar
09-13-2007, 07:26 PM
is the direct the connect the same as the full speed with the optional cable on the alpine units.

ie they all have direct connect, you just need to buy their cable.