PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD5000

Alpine CDA-9815
09-11-2007, 08:11 PM
I'm thinking of picking up this head unit. Are there and cons to it's 8v preouts? Also is this unit worth buying over the CD4000?

Rest of the system will be some JBL components, 2 ID8 subs, Memphis 16-PR100.4 and Memphis 16-PRD1000.1.

bk12321
09-11-2007, 08:15 PM
no cons to the 8v's but they are a little unnecessary.... 4 or 5 v preouts are all ull ever need

but its a GREAT unit, do not hesitate to pick that baby up! i believe they have 11 (either that or 7) band parametric EQ, great SQ tuning

IgnoreMe
09-11-2007, 08:42 PM
its a good unit however.....you will learn to hate the knobs that they have. very touchy. try to change the song using the right knob while driving over rougher roads...

i like alpines way of selecting songs better. however eclipses way of doing it is much easier if you want to go to like track 16 out of 32 or whatever, since you just roll really quickly.

Alpine CDA-9815
09-11-2007, 08:52 PM
its a good unit however.....you will learn to hate the knobs that they have. very touchy. try to change the song using the right knob while driving over rougher roads...

i like alpines way of selecting songs better. however eclipses way of doing it is much easier if you want to go to like track 16 out of 32 or whatever, since you just roll really quickly.
Hmmmmmm... that may change my mind about this head unit.

I've always used Alpine HU's. CDA-9885 seems nice. Though it seems that their new HU's don't have time alignment?

IgnoreMe
09-12-2007, 12:19 AM
Hmmmmmm... that may change my mind about this head unit.

I've always used Alpine HU's. CDA-9885 seems nice. Though it seems that their new HU's don't have time alignment?

well then stay away from the cd5000 if you want time alignment.

its all presets. nothing like my old 9831 which had all types of customizable time alignment options.

Geezerpoop
09-12-2007, 12:54 AM
everyone in my car complains about the knob switching through songs, ive had an eclipse deck for 4 years so I am used to it. I think most other eclipse users would say they get used to it also.

IgnoreMe
09-12-2007, 12:57 AM
everyone in my car complains about the knob switching through songs, ive had an eclipse deck for 4 years so I am used to it. I think most other eclipse users would say they get used to it also.

actually, thats true, you do get used to it...but judging by his user name i am thinking he would sell the eclipse after 1 weeks use lol. i would try the cd5100 or up that have the single knob now and MIGHT have time alignment features that are worth a ****...not sure as i havent researched HU's since i bought my cd5k, which i should mention was a terrific buy at the $250 shipped clearance sale from crutchfield (car domain? i dont remember lol) fully authorized and warrantied.

Alpine CDA-9815
09-12-2007, 02:38 AM
I'll get an adapter for the steering wheel controls, so I guess that going through the tracks and what not will not be a huge issue with the head unit?

I've been out of the car audio thing for about 2 years now, so I doubt time alignment will be a huge issue. Mostly just looking for a quality head unit with good SQ. Alpine's quality seems to have gone to crap, at least from what I have read? If not I'll just buy the CDA-9887 since it's pretty much in the same price range as the CD5000.

BRZguy
09-14-2007, 09:05 PM
i love the CD5000. unfortunately my main music source is my Ipod and the eclipse is not so great with the ipod. im thinking about selling my cd5000 with the ipod adapter for a 9887. PMed me you're really interested.

Puggsley456
09-15-2007, 05:44 PM
i love the CD5000. unfortunately my main music source is my Ipod and the eclipse is not so great with the ipod. im thinking about selling my cd5000 with the ipod adapter for a 9887. PMed me you're really interested.

Why do you say that? I just bought a CD7000 with the eclipse ipod control, I think its ipod controll is awesome.

phyphoestilic
09-15-2007, 05:48 PM
Why do you say that? I just bought a CD7000 with the eclipse ipod control, I think its ipod controll is awesome.

x2, running CD7k with ipod. The CD5k ipod controls are suppose to be about the same. And it works almost flawlessly and the turning knob really helps with going thro hundreds of songs/artists

BRZguy
09-16-2007, 01:38 AM

i dont know. like some of the songs i cant select it because the tag is messed up. for example, if you select an artist and if it doesnt have an album name you cant select the song. also its kinda slow when you're scrolling. i dont know why but my CD4000 had faster scrolling.

Puggsley456
09-16-2007, 02:08 PM
i dont know. like some of the songs i cant select it because the tag is messed up. for example, if you select an artist and if it doesnt have an album name you cant select the song. also its kinda slow when you're scrolling. i dont know why but my CD4000 had faster scrolling.

It maybe a problem with your unit. I know for a fact I have mp3's with no album and dont have a problem.

BRZguy
09-17-2007, 12:40 AM
It maybe a problem with your unit. I know for a fact I have mp3's with no album and dont have a problem.

nope. this was a problem on my cd4000 too.