PDA

View Full Version : $700 for speaker!!

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 12:18 AM
Hey guys I have $700 to spend on speaker... I have a Mitusibishi Montero 1986, I have a Kicker KX800.4 amp-----------> is rate @13.8V, 4 ohm Stereo, 0.085%THD 100x4 .........@13.8v, 2 ohm stereo, 0.2%THD 200x4........................and @13.8V, 4ohm Mono, 0.4% THD 400x2..... I like to hear Trance, House, Electronics Music so I don't know what speaker I can buy for my amp and for the type of music I hear.. Also I like the sound louuud, cleeeear, with deeeetails and peeerfect... I can spend ~720 dollars for a pair of speaker.. what do you recommend me? Thanks..

bamaboy
09-11-2007, 12:42 AM
i say try some boston Pros, retail for 600, ebay for 300, or the SPZ's for like a 1000, but the pros are a way better value

Pros get very loud and still sound clear, ive had 2 sets now and love them

Pyro_By_Nature
09-11-2007, 12:44 AM
I also recommend the boston pro's with your power and wants/needs.

RAM_Designs
09-11-2007, 12:46 AM
Focal K2P...ebay for 550-600.

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 01:07 AM
what about the rainbow? are they better than polk or focal or boston acoustics?

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 01:09 AM
I have to used my amp bridged for these speaker?? what mean bi amping...

its_bacon12
09-11-2007, 01:12 AM
bi amping means you can use 2 amplifiers or 2 channels per set of speakers.

its similar to going active

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 01:15 AM
are these speaker like boston acoustic pro's or spz can handle the biamping? it says 3 ohm... WTF??? car speaker are 4 ohm..?!?!?!

exige
09-11-2007, 02:19 AM
rainbow profi vanadium kicks...talk to 6spdcoupe

CrazedCat
09-11-2007, 06:56 AM
$700 > Mitsubishi Montero '86

Trancer
09-11-2007, 01:03 PM

I second that

headless
09-11-2007, 02:43 PM
Save a little more $ and go for the rainbow power line cs 275's. Only downside is that you'll have to mount the gloriously awesome 5.5' deep woofers...

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
I don't know really what to buy... hehe I have a pair of kicker L5 15" I want a speaker that can be hear with my sub, but like I said (loud, clean, with detail, perfect sound).... remember that I like electronic music...

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
what about the Hertz MLK165? are they excellent components?

tbasile1
09-11-2007, 03:36 PM
I second that

third :yumyum:

But you absolutely cannot go wrong with Rainbow or Hertz or Morel etc...

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 03:40 PM
what about boston acoustic spz, I was reading and it is good components.... also the rainbow germaniun or power line or the focal k2p.. woOoOw a very difficul decision

kross
09-11-2007, 05:09 PM
Cross Germaniums off your list. You emphasized you wanted loud, and while the Germaniums sound great, they probably won't be loud enough for you.

I second the recommendation for the Rainbow Powerline CS. With 400w per side available, those things will get loud enough to make your ears bleed, while staying perfectly crystal clear while doing it.

Those drivers are monsters, though! Have fun mounting them!

headless
09-11-2007, 10:26 PM
agreed, Kross. Having had the germaniums...and upgraded to the power line CS...
The double stack magnet/motor configuration of the power line cs destroys the germaniums... the same basket/motor combo on the vanadium 7" sub yields 14mm of max excursion...

My single ported 10" CVR cannot keep up with the power line CS. It gets utterly drown out by them :) My germaniums could get loud enough to comfortably shine over the same sub, but they did not produce comparable volume in the low end at all...

expect to need 1.5" MDF spacers in most cars to make them fit in the doors, though. 5.5inches of mounting depth is "serious business" ;) By the time you space them out far enough not to hit the window, you will probably be looking at cutting holes in your door panels to fit them back on...

SQBubble
09-11-2007, 10:48 PM
is the rainbow profi as loud as the powerline CS? when speaking of vocals and instruments

alphakenny1
09-11-2007, 10:58 PM
honestly why spend so much money on getting something "loud" when you can get loud it for cheap like a boston pro or something. everyone has different tastes i understand but if I'm going to spend that type of money i'm all just for SQ.

filtor1
09-11-2007, 11:10 PM
I will go ahead and second the Powerline CS. They are pretty incredible even being underpowered. Will have 425x2 on them by the end of the week. :)

Oh, but you might need to save a bit more to do it. Well worth it in my opinion.

22mountaineer
09-11-2007, 11:12 PM
your gay

filtor1
09-11-2007, 11:31 PM
your gay

:( I am. Awww man. I had no idea. :crap:

Trancer
09-11-2007, 11:35 PM
what about the Hertz MLK165? are they excellent components?

Been hearing nothing but great things about em'

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 11:46 PM
honestly why spend so much money on getting something "loud" when you can get loud it for cheap like a boston pro or something. everyone has different tastes i understand but if I'm going to spend that type of money i'm all just for SQ.

the problem is that I like to hear it SQ but loud! :P

zeuolaxxx
09-11-2007, 11:55 PM
I will go ahead and second the Powerline CS. They are pretty incredible even being underpowered. Will have 425x2 on them by the end of the week. :)

Oh, but you might need to save a bit more to do it. Well worth it in my opinion.

it is $1200 for this pair of speaker! WTF! It has to be an excellent sound for that price..

12VoltInstaller
09-12-2007, 12:35 AM
Sound Q at high volumes is a bit of a contradiction in terms. If you want excellent sound...asking someone else for their opinion of their sound quality while in practice is a good idea, isnt going to get the answer you really want....what you like.

If you want what other people say is good...there are always better and louder and more expensive.

If you want a louder speaker naturally a 3 ohm speaker will draw more power from the amplifier. Orion speakers are shipping in this configuration.

Sound quality will come at much lower volume levels. Pure sound quality.

If you want your music loud and clear...with only one set of components you need many more things than just an expensive set of speakers.

Asking a loaded question will sometimes come back with many requirements to meet your demands

I would suggest you look into a more affordable set of components and do 2 sets of them for your front stage...

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping. You need some skills to tune a bi-amped system to its full potential.

You would just have to run an extra set of speaker wires to wherever the new set will be.

You might have to build some kick panels for the extra set. or make room for them in your door panel...but with your listening position in that truck, you would probably benefit from some kick panels....get the sound much taller and more on axis (pointing at you more directly, louder, more focused)...your much closer to and above those speakers in that truck relatively speaking.

Even getting simpler...you could mount your kick panel speaker set point source(tweet in the middle of the speaker) takes up less space, and the other set as satellites as to keep with the "separate" feel and positionable tweeter(mid bass in the door, tweeter on "A" pillar or high on the door).

Memphis makes their MSQ components....for the money they are a great sounding set of components. Tweeter is dock able (point source) or separate able.

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well...smaller even still and they reproduce male and female vocal ranges much better...which have the similar tonal qualities of House, Trance, Bass CD Voice Narrator sounds/frequencies that make that music much richer and cooler. (add electronica voice sounds here) lol

This way you could use your whole 4 channel to run your front stage, not "dirty" the sound quality by raising the THD from the amp by increasing your load to 3 or 2 ohms when bridging/ or paralleling your speakers.

When doing this minor change in configuration you have more cone mass, more clean power, less chance of distortion at higher volumes, and something you can not recreate with one set of components.

Along with sound deadening, very sealed mounting baffles and fully separated front and rear waves, among other speaker tweaker topics....that would all be a good start.

How about a 4 channel line driver?

This could go on and on...

If I missed anything or you have more questions, reply back...

I'll be here all week...lol :fro:

filtor1
09-12-2007, 12:51 AM
it is $1200 for this pair of speaker! WTF! It has to be an excellent sound for that price..

Hahaha, that is what I thought at first. PM 6spdcoupe. His name is Don. He is a Rainbow dealer. Get your own price. ;)

zeuolaxxx
09-12-2007, 01:03 AM
f you want what other people say is good...there are always better and louder and more expensive.

If you want a louder speaker naturally a 3 ohm speaker will draw more power from the amplifier.!

do you men 3 ohms is more power to my amp but it will sound perfect? what about boston acoustics spz or pro's I think it is 3 ohm..

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping. You need some skills to tune a bi-amped system to its full potential.

It is difficul to do the bi amping? can I learn?

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well.

inside the door?

12VoltInstaller
09-12-2007, 01:13 AM
The SPZ and PRO both sound great. Rear speakers will pull your front stage rearward and might not give you the type of volume you want. Rears are for rear passengers....not for focused loud music.

3 OHMS will put more of a load on the amplifier...making your amp less stable or clean and higher current demands....

the 5 1/4 would go in an enclosure by your left foot and right foot (passenger right foot) Kick panels

Bi amping yes you can learn...you will be amplifying your tweeters and mid bass drivers sperately...sometimes knowing the xover points and getting the gain levels on your amp(s) linear (so they are even playing at low volume and high volumes) can be tricky

12VoltInstaller
09-12-2007, 01:33 AM
[QUOTE=12VoltInstaller;3393173]

I would suggest you look into a more affordable set of components and do 2 sets of them for your front stage...

use your 4 channel the simple way instead of getting crazy with bi-amping.

Memphis makes their MSQ components....for the money they are a great sounding set of components. Tweeter is dock able (point source) or separate able.

You may also consider doing 5 1/4s for your kicks as well...smaller even still and they reproduce male and female vocal ranges much better...which have the similar tonal qualities of House, Trance, Bass CD Voice Narrator sounds/frequencies that make that music much richer and cooler. (add electronica voice sounds here) lol

This way you could use your whole 4 channel to run your front stage, not "dirty" the sound quality by raising the THD from the amp by increasing your load to 3 or 2 ohms when bridging/ or paralleling your speakers.

When doing this minor change in configuration you have more cone mass, more clean power, less chance of distortion at higher volumes, and something you can not recreate with one set of components.

Along with sound deadening, very sealed mounting baffles and fully separated front and rear waves, among other speaker tweaker topics....that would all be a good start.

This could go on and on...

12VoltInstaller
09-12-2007, 01:40 AM

what do you mean ? I don't understand that :P

try and post on the fourm so the whole conversation is on the forum...just click the reply button below my posts....

a 4 channel line driver is an amplifier for your RCA's signal...
it will help your amp do everything it can...it just ups the signal voltage from your head unit to your signal input of your amp

zeuolaxxx
09-12-2007, 01:47 AM
try and post on the fourm so the whole conversation is on the forum...just click the reply button below my posts....

a 4 channel line driver is an amplifier for your RCA's signal...
it will help your amp do everything it can...it just ups the signal voltage from your head unit to your signal input of your amp

you recommend me to buy it?

alphakenny1
09-12-2007, 01:51 AM
Sound quality will come at much lower volume levels. Pure sound quality.

thats what I was saying. I mean come on, people are recommending $1000 components when honestly if he just wants it loud, there are plenty of speakers who can do it for much cheaper.

12VoltInstaller
09-12-2007, 02:02 AM
Yes Line drivers are excellent....audio control makes them, memphis offers them, do not buy one that is a lower quality though...could induce engine whine/ system hiss. you get what you pay for. If you head unit has 4 to 5 volt pre-outs you should be fine for the most part.

Your dealing with a tin can of a vehicle....those are not the most acousticly dead vehicles....carpet and sound deadening material will help wherever the budget allows.

Infinity kappa makes some clean sounding speakers too....they are very reasonable price wise too...by no means are they a diamond, morel, focal, boston, Hz, ect

Gotta remember all the other costs for doing it right, not just the cost of the expensive speakers.....luckily you have a decent amp to work with...thats alot of the expense right there....thats also not the cleanest amp on the planet either...but it will do what your asking of it for this application.

lyttleviet
09-12-2007, 04:33 AM
I'll stand up for my MLKs hehe.. I personally owned vanadiums for a good 2-3 years. These Mille's have way more midbass while still retaining the detail coming from the tweet when you use the small chamber*. You also have the option of going with the big chamber which IMO produces a more laid back sound.

*This is from my personal install so results may vary.

zeuolaxxx
09-13-2007, 12:00 AM
hey guys.. the boston acoustics are rate for 3 ohm... how can I put my kicker kx800 amp for 3 ohm?

DejaWiz
09-13-2007, 12:33 AM
Yes, you can.

zeuolaxxx
09-13-2007, 12:40 AM
Yes, you can.

but how? :P

DejaWiz
09-13-2007, 12:49 AM
Hook the 3 ohm speakers up, the amp gets a 3 ohm load. Simple as that. ;)

12VoltInstaller
09-13-2007, 09:51 PM
Your 3 Ohm Speaker will draw power from your amp. The load of the amplifier demands power from the amp. The amp either supplies the wattage under load or shuts down/goes into protection/blows the fuse. The amp doesnt push the sub...it draws the power....kinda bas akwords in thought but thats how it do!

zeuolaxxx
09-13-2007, 11:04 PM
the rainbow powerline cs is it a good components?

DejaWiz
09-13-2007, 11:11 PM
Y E S ! ! !

alphakenny1
09-13-2007, 11:26 PM
for $1000, it better be.

DejaWiz
09-13-2007, 11:38 PM
for $1000, it better be.

LOL yeah, indeed they better be.

Flipx99
09-14-2007, 12:47 AM

says the man with a $300 midrange

alphakenny1
09-14-2007, 01:02 AM
$250, along with my $60 tweets and $100 midbass :D.

Flipx99
09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
You got a deal on the midbass...

You should see the quote I got for the RM120s. Pushed me heavily towards the profi....don't really want to spend more than $200 on a midrange

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 01:05 AM
Hey guys I decided what speaker to buy...

Rainbow Powerline CS.. are they sq, right?

Flipx99
09-14-2007, 01:07 AM
Hey guys I decided what speaker to buy...

Rainbow Powerline CS.. are they sq, right?

They are balsy SQ.

They won't be as refined as say the profi phase plugs.

Plus...I own your tweeter

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 01:11 AM
They are balsy SQ.

They won't be as refined as say the profi phase plugs.

Plus...I own your tweeter

sorry Flipx but what do you mean basy SQ?... and refined as say the profi phase plugs?..

Flipx99
09-14-2007, 01:13 AM
Sorry, forget you are ESL.

kinda like loud, and poweeful...like a rock and roll or something
profi phase plugs are more graceful...like a ballerina

alphakenny1
09-14-2007, 01:22 AM
You got a deal on the midbass...

You should see the quote I got for the RM120s. Pushed me heavily towards the profi....don't really want to spend more than $200 on a midrange

yea i got a great deal on the midbasses.

also if i were going to go with a 3 way front stage, i'd spend the most money on the midrange as plays the most important of the music.

BMW Sidewayz
09-14-2007, 01:24 AM
Dimelo Loco, Q lo Q? I recommend the Focals K2P. I bought a pair and havent hooked it up yet and I cant wait. Do u listen to El Prodigio? Focals are the spirit of sound,, yes they are full of detail, but they might not be as loud as you want them to be. Why dont you just do what Dominicans do and get EVs, LOL!!!:hilariou:

PS: I'm Dominican too, but raise in the USA baby!!!!

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 01:28 AM
Dimelo Loco, Q lo Q? I recommend the Focals K2P. I bought a pair and havent hooked it up yet and I cant wait. Do u listen to El Prodigio? Focals are the spirit of sound,, yes they are full of detail, but they might not be as loud as you want them to be. Why dont you just do what Dominicans do and get EVs, LOL!!!:hilariou:

PS: I'm Dominican too, but raise in the USA baby!!!!

heheh I already have Beyma = like EVs, but beyma are for inside car.. Evs are for exteriors ... I am tired of spl music, I want an excellent sq speaker but can be loud too.. by the way de donde eres pana?

headless
09-14-2007, 11:07 AM
If you want high volumes and good SQ, look no further than power line CS.
Just remember, the woofers are very deep and you will need to most likely (A) make MDF spacers to space the speakers out from the doors so your windows will still work and (B) cut holes in your door panel so they fit back on 'around' the speakers. You might not have to cut your door panels depending on the door and the panels.

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 05:07 PM
My depth is 74 mm... it will fix w/out using the mdf..?

DejaWiz
09-14-2007, 05:32 PM
My depth is 74 mm... it will fix w/out using the mdf..?

96mm (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/technical.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=5) is needed.

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
96mm (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/technical.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=5) is needed.

Woaw they are really depth..

SethPhillips
09-14-2007, 05:36 PM

FOCAL!! ALLL THE WAY!!!

Trancer
09-14-2007, 06:22 PM
If you got the money, go with the K2P's!

DejaWiz
09-14-2007, 06:50 PM
If you got the money, go with the Powerline CS!

headless
09-14-2007, 07:12 PM
Dejawiz knows what's up.
You'd only have to make 1 inch MDF spacers if you already have 74mm of depth. I had to make 1.5 inch spacers to make them fit in my '99 camry, so you'd be better off than me... ;)

alphakenny1
09-14-2007, 07:55 PM
guys i know you guys like to rep rainbow (for good reason) but if someone is gonna spend $1000 on a set of components they better dam well know what to do to get the most of the midbasses and tweeters. meaning well deadened doors, sealed up baffles, good tweeter location for staging and imaging, etc. i don't want this guy to spend $1000 if he doesn't know the difference between $200 and a $1000 comp set is. I'm not trying to be mean but i can't positively say he knows what kind of sound he wants cause all he's stated is he wants "SQ and Loud." Which is very broad as SQ to everyone is different. do you want your music to be dynamic, live and in your face? do you want a nice warm, full robust sound? i mean these things should be considered. You guys have recommended something $300 over his budget so I hope dam well he knows what he's getting.

filtor1
09-14-2007, 09:05 PM
Honestly, I wish I would have bought these first. Although I enjoyed getting to "know" the sets I had before, I wasted a lot of money, enough to pay for the Powerline CS's, trying to find a nice set of comps. I am sure the OP isn't ignorant enough to buy something purely based on what a forum suggests. Atleast I hope not. :)

zeuolaxxx
09-14-2007, 11:24 PM
Honestly, I wish I would have bought these first. Although I enjoyed getting to "know" the sets I had before, I wasted a lot of money, enough to pay for the Powerline CS's, trying to find a nice set of comps. I am sure the OP isn't ignorant enough to buy something purely based on what a forum suggests. Atleast I hope not. :)

But I can learn to "know" the sets.. I live in DR, it's difficult to get stuff here so I prefer to buy the best one components and enjoy it.! Here we don't know what SQ is... here we use spl.. So I am tired of spl hehe thats why I want sq components and enjoy it kind of loud... If I buy another brand of rainbow or mb quart that are cheap I know my self I want more and more... if I want to buy another components I have to lose a lot of money because people here don't know what mean sq speaker and they even like the sound.. So selling here is a waste of money.. I prefer buy an excellents one if I have to find more money I have to work hard, sells my recently speakers hehe. I have the money I don't care money I want that I can hear my music another way of spl, I want a good SQ sound.. I hope you understand but I know you want to help me and a appreciate a lot.. If you think powerline is not for me what is your recommendation?

filtor1
09-15-2007, 02:22 AM
But I can learn to "know" the sets.. I live in DR, it's difficult to get stuff here so I prefer to buy the best one components and enjoy it.! Here we don't know what SQ is... here we use spl.. So I am tired of spl hehe thats why I want sq components and enjoy it kind of loud... If I buy another brand of rainbow or mb quart that are cheap I know my self I want more and more... if I want to buy another components I have to lose a lot of money because people here don't know what mean sq speaker and they even like the sound.. So selling here is a waste of money.. I prefer buy an excellents one if I have to find more money I have to work hard, sells my recently speakers hehe. I have the money I don't care money I want that I can hear my music another way of spl, I want a good SQ sound.. I hope you understand but I know you want to help me and a appreciate a lot.. If you think powerline is not for me what is your recommendation?

Personally I think you will be very happy with the Powerline CS's. Tonight I hooked up a Kicker ZX 850.4 to them and they have a whole new sound. They get super loud without distortion. I have been able to blend them very well with the sub stage so far. More tuning and break in time will be the ultimate test. I have no problem recommending the set considering your goals. I like this option because everything looks stock and still meets my goals, which are similar to yours. I am not a fan of taking up the kick panels to add more less expensive speakers to get the sound I want, and was willing to pay more to get just that. It does ultimately come down to your goals and what you are willing do pay to reach them. I hope my input helps along with all the others. :) Good luck with your choice.

10W3dodge96
09-15-2007, 02:25 AM
:eyebrow::suicide::suicide::fro:
Focal K2P...ebay for 550-600.:fro::fro::

Go with these VERY CLEAN SOUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::ve ryhapp::

22mountaineer
09-15-2007, 02:28 AM
I have a blown 9515 I will sell it you your for 200 dollars, you can get it fixed for 130, there is no need in spending 700 dollars on a speaker when you can get one like this brand new for 330, or you can even get the 99 series which will KILL ALL!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS!!! You Will Be The King Of The Streets Of The Beat, Also you will have money left over to get you two of them, if you get two you better not turn them all the way up b.c they will make your heart skip a beat and make you have a seizure.. Also you better not keep your windows up because one of these have been known to blow out people windows in the car next to you... If you get two it will probably blow there cars up!!!! I am deaf because I turned mine half way up while sitting in the car!!! You can hear one of them half way up for up to 2 miles away!!!!!!!!!!

Eugenics
09-15-2007, 03:13 AM
I still think given the budget and wants, the boston Z's would be great. noah has a couple sets i believe.

filtor1
09-15-2007, 11:12 AM
I have a blown 9515 I will sell it you your for 200 dollars, you can get it fixed for 130, there is no need in spending 700 dollars on a speaker when you can get one like this brand new for 330, or you can even get the 99 series which will KILL ALL!!! PM ME FOR DETAILS!!! You Will Be The King Of The Streets Of The Beat, Also you will have money left over to get you two of them, if you get two you better not turn them all the way up b.c they will make your heart skip a beat and make you have a seizure.. Also you better not keep your windows up because one of these have been known to blow out people windows in the car next to you... If you get two it will probably blow there cars up!!!! I am deaf because I turned mine half way up while sitting in the car!!! You can hear one of them half way up for up to 2 miles away!!!!!!!!!!

He is looking for mids and highs, not subs in this thread. :)

filtor1
09-15-2007, 11:13 AM
:eyebrow::suicide::suicide::fro::fro::fro::

Go with these VERY CLEAN SOUNDING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:cool::cool::cool::ve ryhapp::

I am still trying to figure out what you said here?

zeuolaxxx
09-15-2007, 11:43 AM
I am still trying to figure out what you said here?

lol... I don't know about focal k2p.. my big problem is that I am buying a speaker without the knowledge of how it will sound... :P .. people said good things about focal but the truth is that I never heard the focals.. I want to see videos of the speakers..:P

zeuolaxxx
09-15-2007, 11:46 AM
hey did you hooked up your kicker? I want to know if you like .. we have the the same amplifier and the possibility of the same speaker :P.. so I want to know if you like..??? tell me your opinion

zeuolaxxx
09-15-2007, 11:48 AM
I still think given the budget and wants, the boston Z's would be great. noah has a couple sets i believe.

My amp is not stable @ 3ohm :S :S :uhoh:

filtor1
09-15-2007, 12:33 PM
lol... I don't know about focal k2p.. my big problem is that I am buying a speaker without the knowledge of how it will sound... :P .. people said good things about focal but the truth is that I never heard the focals.. I want to see videos of the speakers..:P

I have honestly enjoyed listening to the Focal lines when I had the chance. Just not enough to buy them over the comparable Rainbow products. I also will tell you that a video won't be able to tell you anything about the characteristics of a speaker. Lack of accuracy with the video, playback, and authenticity will detract from any video representation.

filtor1
09-15-2007, 12:39 PM
hey did you hooked up your kicker? I want to know if you like .. we have the the same amplifier and the possibility of the same speaker :P.. so I want to know if you like..??? tell me your opinion

Yes the Kicker ZX850.4 is hooked up. Night and day difference in both quality and output between that and my old Alpine amp. I am currently running passive and bridged. Roughly 425x2 @4ohm. Gains are set by ear roughly just below 1/2. The amps internal crossover is set at 70ish, that is the best guess there as there are only markings at 200Hz and 50Hz and set on HI. Pretty ridiculous. They get much louder than I can realistically ever want, but that is just my opinion though. I will re tune on Sunday and try and give some better description as to what music sounds best as well as some attributes of the set..

zeuolaxxx
09-15-2007, 12:41 PM
Yes the Kicker ZX850.4 is hooked up. Night and day difference in both quality and output between that and my old Alpine amp. I am currently running passive and bridged. Roughly 425x2 @4ohm. Gains are set by ear roughly just below 1/2. The amps internal crossover is set at 70ish, that is the best guess there as there are only markings at 200Hz and 50Hz and set on HI. Pretty ridiculous. They get much louder than I can realistically ever want, but that is just my opinion though. I will re tune on Sunday and try and give some better description as to what music sounds best as well as some attributes of the set..

ok. thanks.. by the way what kind of music do you normally hear? can you try some of electronic music..:P

filtor1
09-15-2007, 12:46 PM
ok. thanks.. by the way what kind of music do you normally hear? can you try some of electronic music..:P

:) Funny you should ask. I have the new Dieselboy CD in the HU right now. :D I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly Techno, D&B, rap, and specific country. I love to audition these with Yanni's Live at the Acropolis, then put in some acoustic stuff, and end with some DJ Tiesto or Deiselboy. Just to give myself and other the chance to hear some different music and show off my countless hours tuning. :) If you have any specific music you want me to try, I am pretty sure I have it, or can get it to test with.

zeuolaxxx
09-15-2007, 12:55 PM
:) Funny you should ask. I have the new Dieselboy CD in the HU right now. :D I listen to a wide variety of music, mostly Techno, D&B, rap, and specific country. I love to audition these with Yanni's Live at the Acropolis, then put in some acoustic stuff, and end with some DJ Tiesto or Deiselboy. Just to give myself and other the chance to hear some different music and show off my countless hours tuning. :) If you have any specific music you want me to try, I am pretty sure I have it, or can get it to test with.

normally I hear DJ Tiesto or Armin van Buuren. So you can try some DJ tiesto..

BMW Sidewayz
09-15-2007, 06:30 PM

Here... but like someone said, All you'll be able to see is the characteristics of the speaker, even tho this video is fairly good.
K2 Power!

http://youtube.com/watch?v=WBaMEAAlmrw
http://youtube.com/watch?v=q8zj2eLxwDU

I have a brand new set of K2P waiting to be installed. Gotta wait until I get a place to lock my car up. The thieves here in Newark are very relentless.

tbasile1
09-15-2007, 07:31 PM
When I heard those Focals, I was speechless and blown away, they just sounded so fukking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 02:40 PM
When I heard those Focals, I was speechless and blown away, they just sounded so fukking good!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the rainbows, focal, boston acoutics has the biamping thing?...

Atimm693
09-16-2007, 02:47 PM
My amp is not stable @ 3ohm :S :S :uhoh:

Your amp will do fine with 3 ohm if its 2 ohm stable.

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 02:51 PM
Only the Rainbow Germaniums have biamping capability. The Boston Z6's are biampable, iirc. The Focal K2P's are not.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 03:03 PM
Only the Rainbow Germaniums have biamping capability. The Boston Z6's are biampable, iirc. The Focal K2P's are not.

I prefer to buy a component that I can only plug and play bridgeable or not.. So focal k2p or boston z6 can be my choise?

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 03:05 PM
You can run a biampable set non-biamped. There's a jumper in the crossover for single or dual inputs.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 04:21 PM
but the thing is that I don't want a component that has the bi-amping thing... I want the normal ones that I can bridged my amp and connect the components... so what are my option? focal k2p? boston acoustic z6 or zps? rainbow powerline?? etc... help!

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 04:36 PM
but the thing is that I don't want a component that has the bi-amping thing... I want the normal ones that I can bridged my amp and connect the components... so what are my option? focal k2p? boston acoustic z6 or zps? rainbow powerline?? etc... help!

If a comp set is biampable or not, you can still run it from a bridged amp. Biamping only gives you the option to run dual inputs... you don't have to use the dual inputs.

I vote Powerline CS then Focal K2P.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 04:39 PM
If a comp set is biampable or not, you can still run it from a bridged amp. Biamping only gives you the option to run dual inputs... you don't have to use the dual inputs.

I vote Powerline CS then Focal K2P.

when you said dual imputs it mean dual amp?

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 04:48 PM
when you said dual imputs it mean dual amp?

Nope. If a comp set is biampable, the passive crossovers will have separate inputs for the mids and tweeters. If utilizing both sets of inputs, it can be done in 2 ways:

1. BIAMP: 4 channels, 1 channel going to each mid and tweeter input.
2. BIWIRE: 2 channels, each channel having 2 sets of speaker wires going to each mid and tweeter input. Left channel to left mid and tweeter inputs, right channel to right inputs (picture it like wiring in parallel).

If utilizing only 1 set of inputs, then usually there is a switch or jumper inside the passive crossover that has to be closed to the single power input goes to both power circuits for the mids and tweeters, allowing then to be run just like a non-biampable comp set.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 04:53 PM
Nope. If a comp set is biampable, the passive crossovers will have separate inputs for the mids and tweeters. If utilizing both sets of inputs, it can be done in 2 ways:

1. BIAMP: 4 channels, 1 channel going to each mid and tweeter input.
2. BIWIRE: 2 channels, each channel having 2 sets of speaker wires going to each mid and tweeter input (picture it like wiring in parallel).

If utilizing only 1 set of inputs, then usually there is a switch or jumper inside the passive crossover that has to be closed to the single power input goes to both power circuits for the mids and tweeters, allowing then to be run just like a non-biampable comp set.

ok.. got it.. I have to wait like 1 or 2 month to have more money to buy the powerline :P:):crazy::naughty:

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Powerline CS = :drool: :yumyum:

filtor1
09-16-2007, 04:55 PM
Good choice. :D I have a new engine whine issue. Swapped amps and there it was. Solved it, now it is back again. I need to do some more digging. At any rate, they are ridiculous. If you power them properly, I can't imagine you will be disappointed.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 04:57 PM
Good choice. :D I have a new engine whine issue. Swapped amps and there it was. Solved it, now it is back again. I need to do some more digging. At any rate, they are ridiculous. If you power them properly, I can't imagine you will be disappointed.

do you test with DJ tiesto songs... how it sound ? :yumyum:

DejaWiz
09-16-2007, 04:59 PM
do you test with DJ tiesto songs... how it sound ? :yumyum:

Yeah, how does The Silence 2000 sound on them, filtor1?

filtor1
09-16-2007, 05:01 PM
Haven't gotten around to that just yet. I have a few projects I need to get finished for class tomorrow. As well as get rid of that **** whine. I will def keep you posted as I make progress though. :)

headless
09-16-2007, 09:01 PM
All I listen to is techno. The power line CS are simply amazing - especially with the midbass lines in some paul oakenfold tracks...benny benassi...and they produce excessive volume in the midbass/bass area while remaining clear throughout the range - techno with vocals (DJ GT, etc.) is also impressive as the cal-27's are crystal clear well beyond comfortable listening levels.

zeuolaxxx
09-16-2007, 10:10 PM
All I listen to is techno. The power line CS are simply amazing - especially with the midbass lines in some paul oakenfold tracks...benny benassi...and they produce excessive volume in the midbass/bass area while remaining clear throughout the range - techno with vocals (DJ GT, etc.) is also impressive as the cal-27's are crystal clear well beyond comfortable listening levels.

Hey Thanks a lot dude... Well I have to wait like 2 month and then I will buy it... :P

macdon
09-17-2007, 01:37 PM
Yup, I love 'em Focals...........until I heard those Hertz Mille MLKs! :)
All installed in my Mitsubishi Pajero.

zeuolaxxx
09-17-2007, 02:33 PM
Powerline Vs Germanium as quality sound what you preferd?

ufvj2172
09-17-2007, 02:36 PM
i say try some boston Pros, retail for 600, ebay for 300, or the SPZ's for like a 1000, but the pros are a way better value

Pros get very loud and still sound clear, ive had 2 sets now and love them

ive got some pro60s fs for 150 + shipping, but theres some pieces missing (coax mounting things) and one of the crossover components came unsoldered, just needs to be re soldered.

Eugenics
09-17-2007, 02:47 PM
ive got some pro60s fs for 150 + shipping, but theres some pieces missing (coax mounting things) and one of the crossover components came unsoldered, just needs to be re soldered.

if you've got those in a month i might snag them off of you.

zeuolaxxx
09-17-2007, 11:30 PM
Powerline Vs Germanium as quality sound what you preferd?

the powerline are more quality than germanium???

DejaWiz
09-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Same quality, but a higher line in the Rainbow family.

zeuolaxxx
09-17-2007, 11:33 PM
Same quality, but a higher line in the Rainbow family.

ok ok..! thanks.. I thoug it was different in quality sound..

DejaWiz
09-17-2007, 11:38 PM
Oh in sound quality, yes, there will be differences. The CS's will have way more aggressive midbass since they are based on the 7" Vanadium subwoofers and come with the CAL27 Silk tweeters as opposed to the Germaniums CAL25 Silk tweeters. Both sets are reported to have excellent clarity across the volume range.

zeuolaxxx
09-17-2007, 11:40 PM
Oh in sound quality, yes, there will be differences. The CS's will have way more aggressive midbass since they are based on the 7" Vanadium subwoofers and come with the CAL27 Silk tweeters as opposed to the Germaniums CAL25 Silk tweeters. Both sets are reported to have excellent clarity across the volume range.

difference about Cal27 vs Cal25?

DejaWiz
09-17-2007, 11:43 PM
difference about Cal27 vs Cal25?

CAL27 (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=5&art=231448)

CAL25 (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=17&art=231436)

T/S Parameter Spec Sheet (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/files/dynamic/downloads/rainbow_tsp_tweeters_en.pdf)

zeuolaxxx
09-17-2007, 11:50 PM
CAL27 (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=5&art=231448)

CAL25 (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/products/details.php?lan=2&pro=1&lin=17&art=231436)

T/S Parameter Spec Sheet (http://car.rainbow-audio.de/files/dynamic/downloads/rainbow_tsp_tweeters_en.pdf)

thanks for the info.. but what mean silk VOF?

DejaWiz
09-18-2007, 12:01 AM
Dunno. Could be a German car audio term. lol

Flipx99
09-18-2007, 02:04 AM
Cal27>life

loudmofo
09-18-2007, 02:05 AM
id get them

-famous-
09-18-2007, 06:33 AM
Where do you guys get the CS 275.27?? And what amp would you use?

DejaWiz
09-18-2007, 11:33 AM
Where do you guys get the CS 275.27?? And what amp would you use?

From one of the dealers here:

3.5Max6spd
6spdcoupe
PremierAudio

As far as an amp, I'd look for something in the neighborhood of 2x250-300+ w rms.

Latina33
09-18-2007, 01:27 PM

3.5Max6spd
6spdcoupe
PremierAudio

As far as an amp, I'd look for something in the neighborhood of 2x250-300+ w rms.

I second any of those 3 dealers on here...all great guys.

For your amp for a set of Powerlines, I'd consider an Alpine PDX 4.150, if you've got $$375-$400 to spend on an amp. Bridged it should give you right about 330-340wx2.

alphakenny1
09-18-2007, 01:35 PM
actually tests have shown the pdx amps to do little less than 500 watts bridged FYI. Just check the CA&E review of the 4.150.

DejaWiz
09-18-2007, 02:26 PM
actually tests have shown the pdx amps to do little less than 500 watts bridged FYI. Just check the CA&E review of the 4.150.

Werd. Those PDX's are some powerful little bastards.

-famous-
09-19-2007, 06:32 AM

3.5Max6spd
6spdcoupe
PremierAudio

Any deals for european shipment?
and also PDX amp 4.150 ?
thanks!

DejaWiz
09-19-2007, 10:51 AM
Any deals for european shipment?
and also PDX amp 4.150 ?
thanks!

You can always hit them up and ask if they ship overseas. You might also try to ask about dealers in your area by contacting rainbow and alpine directly.

www.rainbow-audio.de

www.alpine.com

kross
09-19-2007, 06:07 PM
Seeing as how Rainbows are made in Germany, you should be able to find a dealer closer than the US. Don't know what kind of deal they'll give you, though...

zeuolaxxx
09-20-2007, 11:00 PM
My dad has a Mercedes class 500E, 1992 I like a lot how it sound... I want to know if you guys can found what speakers used this car... Thanks

zeuolaxxx
09-21-2007, 04:43 PM
My dad has a Mercedes class 500E, 1992 I like a lot how it sound... I want to know if you guys can found what speakers used this car... Thanks

Hey guys!!!! need help!

filtor1
09-23-2007, 01:47 PM
I wish I could help. I would post a new thread and that might get some more attention.

zeuolaxxx
09-24-2007, 07:51 PM
I wish I could help. I would post a new thread and that might get some more attention.

thanks