PDA

View Full Version : Enclosure/Subwoofer aiming question

MarcRocks
09-10-2007, 11:45 AM
Hi,

Just thought I'd ask people who are a heck of a lot of more knowledgable than I am.

I want to have two custom sealed enclosures, each one holding a 10W6V2 powered by a 500/1. They would each be on opposite sides of the trunk (2007 Ford Mustang coupe), with the cones basically pointed directly at each other from the other side of the trunk. They would be in the back, pretty much where the taillights are, like if you have seen where the q-form "custom" enclosures would mount.

Anyway, my question is this: will there be some sort of problem, or sound cancelation, or any of that fun stuff because they're aimed at each other from a few feet away? Conversely, I heard you get a better sound with them angled slightly towards the back of the car, instead of directly across the trunk.

I just don't want to construct two labor intensive custom boxes when anybody in the know could have said I was aiming them wrong from the start.

Thanks for your help in advance! This forum is fantastic.

spoonraker
09-10-2007, 01:47 PM
It won't make a huge difference either way. If you don't have any deadening I would just go with your original plan to fire them at each other. There won't be cancellation.

ngsm13
09-10-2007, 01:49 PM
You'll be fine and dandy...

nG

MarcRocks
09-10-2007, 03:04 PM
Fantastic, thanks guys. I didn't want to waste a lot of time and money to be miserable with the results.

ngsm13
09-10-2007, 03:24 PM
Fantastic, thanks guys. I didn't want to waste a lot of time and money to be miserable with the results.

Here's an example from a 4runner I did... the green tape is just holding the trim panels on while the adhesive dries. Setup sounded great!

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b346/ngsm13/4runnerhatchshot-1.jpg

nG

MarcRocks
09-10-2007, 03:42 PM
Wow, gorgeous install. Thanks for the proof of the design's validity. You rock!