PDA

View Full Version : Help please

mg1359
09-10-2007, 04:22 AM
hey i got a lanzar vibe... that goes into protection mode and the red light goes off and the amp becomes extremely hot.... i have ground... but when i disconnect the R and L's the "power" indicator turns on and the protector light turns off... Where could the proble lie... do i have do?

**** NOTE: I have an LOC for the R and L's hooked up with a stock head unit...

would i have to get new head unit... or could there be a easier and/or cheaper way?

95BlackGA
09-10-2007, 04:35 AM
I'm guessing, when you say 'L and R' you're talking about the RCA's? What subs do you have? What voice coil configuration are they?

mg1359
09-10-2007, 04:44 AM
well yeah the RCA's... They're kickers CVR 12's... i set them up at 4 ohms

95BlackGA
09-10-2007, 04:49 AM
What kind of power and ground wire do you have (size?) If it's the amp that migueldeluna had (Lanzar Vibe 286) you need at least 4 gauge. (Actual 4 gauge, not just some 6 gauge branded as 4 gauge.)

mg1359
09-10-2007, 05:00 AM
it the exact same one that migueldeluna had... and the wire is 4 gauge... we (migueldeluna and i) have assumed that it was the RCA's... but would that cause a problem that would cause the amp to shut off?

12VoltInstaller
09-10-2007, 05:19 AM
Your RCA's may have be shorted to ground or your hi/lo converter may be connected to the wrong "speaker" wire(s). It could also be the converter being internally shorted/damaged. If only when you plug in your preamp section do you have this issue...it is either a problem with your rca cables or your amp has a problem in its pre-amp section. try to plug in an ipod or inexpensive mp3 player (just in case the amplifier may fry your headphone output if a larger problem exists in the amplifier).... plug that in via 3.5 mm jack to rca cable to your amps input. Substitution of preamp signal is a good place to start with what your describing, unless Im reading it incorrectly... let us know how you do....:)

95BlackGA
09-10-2007, 05:20 AM
Was the amp working whenever you got it? I'm only asking this because him and I were talking about this before. He had the same problem with the 2 P2's he had.

mg1359
09-10-2007, 12:49 PM
95BLACKGA: well he fixed the problem and he system was running fine but then one of his p2's blew out... we (migueld and i) just want to see if the amp works fine with my kicker before i buy it from him. and just b4 we thought we were done this mess came up.

12voltinstaller: ill get back to you on what happens. thanks.

12VoltInstaller
10-04-2007, 03:45 AM
Its been a while.......whaaaa haaaaapen?