PDA

View Full Version : 2vpreout bad?

Jacobman
09-10-2007, 12:41 AM
Well ive been reading and apparently a 2v preout is pretty bad, would it be worth it to buy this EQ with 7v preouts?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16889

If i got this then what, i wouldnt have to turn my gain up as much for the same power?

adam71
09-10-2007, 12:53 AM
Well ive been reading and apparently a 2v preout is pretty bad, would it be worth it to buy this EQ with 7v preouts?

http://www.onlinecarstereo.com/CarAudio/ProductDetail.aspx?ProductID=16889

If i got this then what, i wouldnt have to turn my gain up as much for the same power?

Well, I wouldn't buy that just for that reason. If you also need more tuning ability then why not?? It's only 53.00. I say give it a try.

Jacobman
09-10-2007, 01:02 AM
Well is that the only purpose with a higher preout voltage, also wouldnt my sound be more clean as well. or so ive read.

T3mpest
09-10-2007, 02:34 AM
Well is that the only purpose with a higher preout voltage, also wouldnt my sound be more clean as well. or so ive read.

nope, it should sound the same either way, dont' waste the money if your just looking for a preout boost, no need

adam71
09-10-2007, 02:58 AM
Yes. The Clarion will boost your preamp voltage. But don't buy it just for that. If you also need some bands of EQ then why not try the Clarion out??

Jacobman
09-10-2007, 01:11 PM
My current deck doesnt have really any EQ options, so instead of buying a new deck i could just spend ~$50 and get the same results?

frzninvt
09-10-2007, 01:51 PM
The amplifier's gain should easily be able to compensate for a 2V output from the head unit. It depends on the head unit as to whether the output is clean at 2V though.

Having a higher preout voltage just allows you to use lower gain setting on the amps in order to potentially lower the noise floor, but if your not getting any noise (background hiss or what have you) there is no real need.

Adding additional components to the signal chain will also run the risk of introducing noise into the system.

Jacobman
09-10-2007, 09:40 PM
Huh, well my tweeters are to loud for me at volume 21-24 with rock music, but at that level my midbass and sub start to get loud so thats where i like it. If i got this EQ i could just turn down the higher frequencies right?

*EDIT* Another question, what would yield more SQ, a new deck or the EQ, or would they be the same?