PDA

View Full Version : 2 mag 12's sealed

ZeroGuage
09-08-2007, 09:47 PM
Right now i have 2 12" SI mags in 1 cube sealed enclosures each. I was wondering if i would be better off doing a 2 cube shared enclosure? BTW this is ALL the available space i have unfortunately.

bonesninja
09-09-2007, 05:01 PM
all i can say is that if you plan on keeping the mags for a long time....i would not be giving them all of that amp. And there is no difference between 1 cube each sealed and sharing 2 cubes sealed.

Lakota
09-09-2007, 07:32 PM
You will save the volume of the inside wall, which won't change much.

galacticmonkey
09-11-2007, 02:05 AM
If you have done testing with a Termlab, you will find that each sub would see a bigger airspace.

I know a guy who conducted an experiment with his TL. 2 12s in a 4 cubes with a divider in the middle, giving each 12 2 cubes each. He metered it and found the frequency. He build the a box exactly the same airspace inside. Same dimensions except for width (to make up for the 3/4" MDF displacement), exact same subs/amps/car/box placement, etc. Everything was the same, even the temperature and humidity since it was done minutes apart. he build the same box with no divider, a common chamber. The subs peaked about 3hz lower, showing that each sub saw more airspace when they shared a common chamber of the same size.