PDA

View Full Version : quick help FTW!~

migueldeluna
09-08-2007, 06:53 PM
I guess you can say im not much of an expert on the headunits...

im wondering why some stock headunits dont have any R and L plug ins....

do you have to get a new headunit in order to put a system together?

I also noticed that the amp had another R and L plug in.. different.. never used it... is that another alternative? and if it is where does it get plugged in?

migueldeluna
09-08-2007, 07:11 PM
ftl?

mtlhead
09-08-2007, 07:12 PM
you can use your stock head unit, you need a LOC to take the signal from your speaker wires and convert it to an RCA which is what your amp uses

spinelli
09-08-2007, 07:13 PM
Most stock head units have built in amplifiers or there is a proprietary amp connected by a wiring harness. That's why you won't see any stock HUs with RCA outputs (but it would be a nice option if you have an integrated dash and need to stay stock).

You do not have to get a new headunit in order to put a system together. Commonly, people use LOCs (line out converters) to convert the headunit's high level output (from the stock speaker cables) to RCA output (to connect to an amp).

I'm not completely sure what you mean on the last part, but if your amp is a two channel or for subs, then one pair of your RCA plugins is the input and the other pair is an output that emits that same signal. This extra RCA output lets you daisy-chain multiple amps together using the same input signal.

migueldeluna
09-08-2007, 07:20 PM
Most stock head units have built in amplifiers or there is a proprietary amp connected by a wiring harness. That's why you won't see any stock HUs with RCA outputs (but it would be a nice option if you have an integrated dash and need to stay stock).

You do not have to get a new headunit in order to put a system together. Commonly, people use LOCs (line out converters) to convert the headunit's high level output (from the stock speaker cables) to RCA output (to connect to an amp).

I'm not completely sure what you mean on the last part, but if your amp is a two channel or for subs, then one pair of your RCA plugins is the input and the other pair is an output that emits that same signal. This extra RCA output lets you daisy-chain multiple amps together using the same input signal.

Thanks guys..... heh sorry bit lazy atm with the proper research... since im kind of a bit in a hurry and my friend needs the help.

And you kind of answered what I said there... i wasnt sure what that was and i was kind of asking if thats used for the stock stereos..

thanks alot.

migueldeluna
09-09-2007, 06:40 PM
Where do I connect the remote wire to a stock headunit?

question #2 ftw #2!

mg1359
09-10-2007, 03:20 AM
to the yellow wire under the steering wheel, its a 2001 ford mustang, black, with kickers in the trunk with a lanzar vibe amp... yeah with the yellow wire... but the system wont kick you'll need to know where the R and L's go to... or just get a new head unit... its up to your cool friend...

mg1359 FTW