PDA

View Full Version : pioneer head unit help

wolf55
09-08-2007, 07:24 PM
hey i know every1 complains about pioneer head units...
im still getting a bit of engine noise even after grounding the head unit properly..
i only get the noise when the engine is runnin...
i grounded the chasis to the rca and it helped alot but i still get sum noise..
i hate the noise!!!... its only there when the engine is on... can sum1 make any other suggestions??

hemi=22s
09-08-2007, 07:26 PM
which model u got

spinelli
09-08-2007, 08:25 PM
Here is a pioneer HU ground fix tutorial:
http://www.icixsound.com/vb/showthread.php?t=40067

It's a quick fix and won't hurt anything to try.

I do feel bad for you though - whine is a total *****. Especially after you think you've tried everything to fix it, but it's still there.

I also believe you can create problems by connecting/disconnecting RCAs when the HU is on - so avoid that. Also, tweaking gain/HU levels can sometimes minimize the whine at certain listening volumes.

wolf55
09-08-2007, 09:37 PM
i got the deh-3900.....
even if the sound is only when the engine is on... do i follow that forum??.... ive already grounded the chasis to one of the rca's.... that reduced major noise.... i only have a slight noise when the engine is on...

sdmtnbiker420
09-27-2007, 08:13 PM
do u have a 4 channel amp? if so, a ground loop isolator is your easy way out.

Paddy McTaint
10-03-2007, 11:26 PM
With the car running pull the rca's from the amps and see if you still have noise. If so then it's coming from your amps. If not then it's between the HU and amps. Probably from the RCA's either they are crappy and broken internally or they are ran near power. Could be a HU ground issue as well. Check the rca's for kinks, coils, pinches and screws through them.

snow96
10-04-2007, 09:53 PM
Do You Have A Crossover Hooked Up..i Had That Problem Once...turned Out To Be A Bad Crossover

hoss
10-04-2007, 09:57 PM
do u have a 4 channel amp? if so, a ground loop isolator is your easy way out.

any amp can have a ground loop issue, not just 4 channel amps.

and a gli is not neccisarily neccisary. the problem can be fixed by finding a better gound 97% of the time :)