PDA

View Full Version : help with my box PLEASE!!!

lowrider_cutlas
09-07-2007, 02:03 PM
i know how to build a box but i am not too good with math and figuring out the measurements for the MDF that i need to buy... I have 2-12 inch JL W-0's and a PCX5800 comp amp that i want to run in a box built to spec. and i have the spec sheet here it is right here:
http://mobile.jlaudio.com/pdfs/10_12_15W0_MAN.pdf
Also i know that ported boxes and sealed have two different sounds... my box is unfortunately going to be in my back seat since i wont have any room in my trunk so i need to know which box design will be better... i want hard bass so whatevers best...
all help appreciated thanks

also 2 anybody who's going 2 suggest one of those computer programs... i've tried and i have no idea what to do with those...
all i need to know is the measurements of the MDF i have to get

vitveet
09-07-2007, 03:58 PM
Hello. What vehicle is this going in? You should def. be able to make/design an enclosure (sealed atleast) for 2 w0 12's to fit in just about any trunk. If you need help, pm me. But from the looks/sounds of things, you'd be better off letting someone here design and build the enclosure for you. Quite sure you may be able to do it yourself (learning experience the first few times but still). pm if you need help with anything! Thanks and good luck!

V.

lowrider_cutlas
09-07-2007, 06:18 PM
i have my trunk full of pumps and batteries (hydraulics)... and i know how to make a box 100% i just need to know the measurements to spec and what would be a better box design sealed or ported

dB-SPL
09-09-2007, 12:05 AM
The link you provided gives you literally everything you need to know. Scroll down, find your sub and look at the dimensions to the right. :)