PDA

View Full Version : Midbass - Lacking? too often i read this

Ignatowski
09-07-2007, 07:30 AM
I have noticed too many times reviews,consumers etc always saying
that speakers are lacking mid bass.........Surly MFG's try not to create a flat sounding set of speakers

It has to be install dependant?
I ask because when I install speakers in my truck
they sound flatter than the same speaker in my little car....
my car is a midbass monster and my truck can ruin the SQ
of even the best speakers

Smooth tweets,clarity and great midbass among other things makes
for a great sounding set of highs....

thoughts ???????

Simek4life
09-07-2007, 07:36 AM
it takes sufficient amounts of proper door deadening along with a good amount of power to even have good sounding midbass I have found.

genxx
09-07-2007, 07:45 AM
Are you running IB?
Where is the location compared to the car?
Are they deadened the same?
Are you running those MR62s in the truck?
What kind of truck and car?
Did you mount them the same way as the car(mdf, straight to door metal ect)?

This is a hard question and with out trial and error it is going to be hard to answer with out hands on.

I would recommend maybe trying a d-flex pad behind the speakers in the tuck and see if that helps at all.

This is a guess as all vehicles are different but the truck door may have more air space than is desired for those comps in IB. Trucks usually have a high noise floor than a car or road noise if you will.IMO I know my car doors have alot less space in them than my truck doors. The truck may need more deadener than the car or even a sound blocker added like MLV.

In my car I run 6.5-63/4 in the doors and in my truck I run 8"

Gary S
09-07-2007, 01:27 PM
I have noticed too many times reviews,consumers etc always saying
that speakers are lacking mid bass.........Surly MFG's try not to create a flat sounding set of speakers

I ask because when I install speakers in my truck
they sound flatter than the same speaker in my little car....
my car is a midbass monster and my truck can ruin the SQ
of even the best speakers

thoughts ???????

- Kids today want midbass speakers in the kicks or doors that will make their pant legs flap.

- In general, pickup trucks are the worst for sound quality... but, it's easy to get lots of bass in single cabs the way the subs couple with the back of the seat and you feel it.

T3mpest
09-07-2007, 04:27 PM
My opinion is that most people who complain about a lack of midbass from many speaker simply don't know what they are talking about. They want subbass from their mids more often than they want actual midbass. Usually they have their subs turned up so high as to ruin any chances of proper blending anyway. This isnt' true in all cases, but I'd say 75%+ anyway.

HawaiianBassHed
09-07-2007, 11:52 PM
sounds accurate to me...

I am in the 75% 80% of the time... other times I use the spatial restoration knob with the 5.25" center channel comp set in the middle of my dash... well, at least every day this week since I just got the knob in for my amp :D

http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/3/web/2103000-2103999/2103960_131_full.jpg

I just need to move the stock 150hz hipass down to like 80hz :D then we're in buisness.. and get some more efficient midrange/midbass drivers and I'm stoked.. the audio control system 90 model 11 powered center channel processor (ESP-3) only does 49wrms 2ohms :( so it isn't enough power to properly over power everything.. so I have the option of turning it low enough to not be heard or have it blend perfectly... which is nice... I'm kind of getting used to not having it retarded loud.. I ordered some critical mass T-1A titanium/silk hybrid tweets so I'm hoping they get loud on low power and still sound smooth... if not I'll try some full silks or get a horn and say screw it... would like to get some 8" midbasser's up front but I'm still debating if I really want to be an sq guy or not... and I agree, trucks **** for sq :(

SW9152
09-08-2007, 12:01 AM
one problem might be how the door is sealed and if the speaks mount well in it. getting one of those little pod enclosures for your door, if it fits, and sealing air leaks would prolly help the bass response.

genxx
09-08-2007, 09:29 AM
- Kids today want midbass speakers in the kicks or doors that will make their pant legs flap.

- In general, pickup trucks are the worst for sound quality... but, it's easy to get lots of bass in single cabs the way the subs couple with the back of the seat and you feel it.

I agree 100% with this and once you feel it you localize it. Once you do that you start having real problems.

I do not get wanting to feel the midbass on the leg I guess people feel thats what it supposse to do or some how its cool.

Being able to run a midbass down to 50hz does help to blend with the sub if done correctly.IMO

GlasSman#1
09-09-2007, 04:26 PM
I agree 100% with this and once you feel it you localize it. Once you do that you start having real problems.

I do not get wanting to feel the midbass on the leg I guess people feel thats what it supposse to do or some how its cool.

Being able to run a midbass down to 50hz does help to blend with the sub if done correctly.IMO

Agreed 100%.

FoxPro5
09-11-2007, 12:49 AM
Define "midbass" ;)

I've both attenuated and cut a few bands in the 60-300 hz range to get my midbass to work right on the last 3 pairs of dedicated midbass's I've used. Otherwise, it's overpowering.

I think the solution is to stop reading those reviews and start learning how to use speakers IN YOUR CAR correctly.