PDA

View Full Version : Is Sonic electronix trying to screw me over?

v6camaro00
09-06-2007, 08:38 PM
About a month ago i bought a pair of kicker ssmb6 midbass speakers from sonicelectronix.com. My amp hadn't come yet so i hooked them up to my headunit for the time being. Anyway one day one of them stopped working and they only way it would work is if i push down on the cone. So i write in to get my warranty from sonic electronix and they tell me that it blew due to the fact it didn't have enough power going to the each speaker, which is about 25 watts rms to each speaker. The whole deal is that they wont give me a warranty because they said i blew the speaker due to not enough power. is this right or are they screwing me over?

Random1010
09-06-2007, 08:42 PM
screwin u over

Safe-N-Sound215
09-06-2007, 08:43 PM
Definitly trying to screw you over, don't fall for it.

ShakesAllDay
09-06-2007, 08:45 PM
Well... did you run your HU's internal amp into clipping? I can see that being an easy thing to do when trying to crank up some midbass drivers.

Regardless... so, who's to say you weren't powering them enough vs. over powering them? I mean, is there a disclaimer that says a person must power said speakers w/ a certain amount of power or the warranty is void? I think not.

My vote = screwed over

They should at least replace them once.

v6camaro00
09-06-2007, 08:49 PM
Whats even better is that when i emailed them before it would take about a week for them to get back to me. After i wrote a complaint to the BBB about them, i got a response in about 6 hours saying that i can send them in but if it can't be fixed then i will be responsible for all shipping fees.

CaliforniabOY5
09-06-2007, 08:53 PM
yeah, they are trying to screw you over..............def........ thats why i totally prefer buying local and authorized because of cases like this... yes it is a bit more money but think of it as an investment to immidiate headaches in the future.

v6camaro00
09-06-2007, 10:24 PM
has anyone else had negative experiences with this place?

Hoodlum007
09-07-2007, 12:39 PM
a buddy of mine almost got burned by them big, they charged his card for something they did not have in stock and would not refund him. he had to file a complaint with his CC company. He got his money back several months later.

Call Kicker and they will take care of it for you with no problems, Kicker is very good on warranty service.