PDA

View Full Version : Manual for Alpine CDA-7949

XR7
09-02-2007, 10:53 PM
Help Please...

I purchased an Alpine CDA-7949 off eBay.

Deck is in near mint condition.

I have no manual for this Deck though, I hooked all up. Works great. But I am assuming the Sub Output is either out, or OFF..

I was told by a friend that there should definately be a way to Turn the Sub Output on or off... I have tried every button combination I could think of... I can not find a place to turn the sub output on or off...

Idealisticly, I would like to find a PDF format manual for the CDA-7949

Any Help is greatly appreciated.

Karl

cheezies
09-02-2007, 11:28 PM
I wasn't able to find an exact match for your model, but perhaps the link below could be of some help to you.

http://www.restricted.alpine-electronics.co.uk/support/ownersdatabase/

frzninvt
09-03-2007, 07:45 AM
Yes, the default for the deck is "Subwoofer Off" I have a 7969 user manual if the information above does not work for you.

whitemax
09-03-2007, 12:13 PM
I use to have the manual in PDF, but can't locate it at the moment. I put it on a disc....

It's been a while since I had my last 7949......I believe you hold down the function button for a few seconds, go through the menu till you get to the subwoofer setting (I cannot recall if you move through the menu with the track up or down button, or with the numbered keys with the functions lit up above them). From there I thin you press either the band button or the source button to change the setting. I know it's kind of vague, but like I said it's been a while since I owned one. Nice HU, now if you could pick up the PXA-H600 and use the optical connection.........that would make a sweet combination.

XR7
09-03-2007, 09:37 PM
I use to have the manual in PDF, but can't locate it at the moment. I put it on a disc....

It's been a while since I had my last 7949......I believe you hold down the function button for a few seconds, go through the menu till you get to the subwoofer setting (I cannot recall if you move through the menu with the track up or down button, or with the numbered keys with the functions lit up above them). From there I thin you press either the band button or the source button to change the setting. I know it's kind of vague, but like I said it's been a while since I owned one. Nice HU, now if you could pick up the PXA-H600 and use the optical connection.........that would make a sweet combination.

Hey whitemax,

I can't tell you how much I would appreciate, if you could find that PDF file. and pass it on to me..

Also if anyone had the actual paper manual, I would be willing to pay alittle for it as well..

Karl

whitemax
09-03-2007, 10:11 PM
I actually looked for it, but only came up with a floppy disc that I can't open up (this was from a while ago). I will look for the CD-R that I also made.

Prowler573
09-03-2007, 10:26 PM
I had this same exact problem when I recently acquired a CDA-7930.

It had no manual and the default setting for the sub preouts is "Off."

I called Alpine and they couldn't find a manual for it either. The tech guy found a manual for a similar model and told me this:

Press and hold the CD eject button for a few seconds.

This isn't something that would have occured to me in a million years though I had previously thought I tried all the button combinations that remotely made sense. But, for some odd reason, Alpine in their infinite wisdom to locate this particular function in the above-described fashion so there ya go.

See if the same process doesn't work for your 7949 and let us know.

XR7
09-04-2007, 12:20 AM
I had this same exact problem when I recently acquired a CDA-7930.

It had no manual and the default setting for the sub preouts is "Off."

I called Alpine and they couldn't find a manual for it either. The tech guy found a manual for a similar model and told me this:

Press and hold the CD eject button for a few seconds.

This isn't something that would have occured to me in a million years though I had previously thought I tried all the button combinations that remotely made sense. But, for some odd reason, Alpine in their infinite wisdom to locate this particular function in the above-described fashion so there ya go.

See if the same process doesn't work for your 7949 and let us know.

Interesting that the CD eject button does that...

The 7949 has a flip down face, and the eject button is in side.. so I would be willing to guess this will not work in this case.

I did however read through the 7969 PDF, and it seems that might work.

But the intlz button is on the power button as well... when I hold the power button, the deck shuts off... :(

Karl

loudmofo
09-04-2007, 06:57 AM
i have the paper manual that i can read and let you know later today

XR7
09-05-2007, 11:06 PM
i have the paper manual that i can read and let you know later today

Hey,

That would be really great... May be alot for you to type... But I can tell you, it would be greatly appreciated.

Karl

XR7
09-11-2007, 12:32 PM
Hello Everyone,

I am still looking for a manual for the Alpine CDA-7949

I am willing to pay for the paper manual.

Also, if you know of a place, or have a copy in .pdf format, I would greatly appreciate an email of that .pdf

Karl

starkfu
09-11-2007, 03:01 PM
if you are willing to pay for it, then contact pacific coast parts.

http://www.pacparts.com/

XR7
09-11-2007, 06:43 PM
if you are willing to pay for it, then contact pacific coast parts.

http://www.pacparts.com/

Hey,

Thanks for the reply, Accept the Owners manual sayd discontinuted, on thier site.. so I am assuming it will not be available.

Karl

starkfu
09-11-2007, 06:59 PM
hrm, you know, I used to have one, but I think my wife threw out the manual.

did the alpine site say that, or the pac site?

alpine discontinues stuff from them, but pac has been supplying stuff for OLD units, about the 7949 era.

Dick Snider
09-07-2010, 12:46 AM
Hi, you can get the Alpine CDA-7949 owners manual from MANUALFOX - Your personal search agent [A] (http://manualfox.com)
Send them a request.
Regards