PDA

View Full Version : Using Fiberfill

TeamKicker
09-02-2007, 05:05 AM
I have a sealed box that I have two Kicker 12" CVR's and am looking to get a bit more kick out of the system and heard that you can use Fiberfill to trick the box into thinking it is bigger, in turn providing lower bass.

I was looking at the following link which says for a box of my size, I need 1.75lbs per chamber. http://web.archive.org/web/20020808224043/integra.cyberglobe.net/caraudio/resources/fiberfill/

Well I was out there today and there's no way I would be able to do that without the chamber being packed very tight. Is that how it should be? Or am I supposed to use just a bit or line the walls with it or what? I've never used the stuff before so I'm not sure how much to use. I would really appreciate some help on this so I can finally finish this system off.

pensacol
09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Try to line the walls the best you can, staples work pretty good. Put a little in, try it, put a little more in, try it. 1.75lbs per cube is general, but everyone is different. Depending on how you like it. Keep putting more in until you like the way it sounds and there you go.

pensacol
09-02-2007, 08:34 PM
Oh yeah and don't let any of it touch the sub.

TeamKicker
09-03-2007, 12:05 AM
Cool thanks. I tried some yesterday, but I packed the chambers. The ****** thing is is I don't know the size of each chamber so I'm kind of guessing. There's no way in hell I could fit in a pound and a half in each without it being completely packed and it sitting on the sub. I'll head out there and play with it tomorrow.