PDA

View Full Version : upgrading

Big Reazon
08-31-2007, 01:39 AM
Ok right now I have focal k2 power 165kf components in my doors. Would it be a upgrade to put Image Dynamics CD-1 PRO Mini-Horns in my car right under the dash. My system now is clear. Would the horns be clear as or clearer and louder then my focals. I was planning if I got horns to place it right under the dash. Or am I better off keeping my components. I want to stay just as clear but louder. If I upgrade speakers I want to go to horns.

phyphoestilic
08-31-2007, 01:41 AM
Don't get the horns unless u have good EQ processing. U'd be better off staying with the Focals.

Gary S
08-31-2007, 02:23 AM
The horns are more sensitive, so they get louder and have more dynamic range... but there is a lot of tunning/eq work to get them right... plus, they are harder to integrate with the midbass. And if you go with the economy or small versions, that might not give you the best results. I think of horns as very advanced... I would recommend a lot of research first... they may involve a lot of trial and error... and mostly error.

I would recommend a surround sound system... louder, clearer, eliminates rainbow effect, keeps front sound stage but widens it. To do it right, you'll need another amp/pair of amp channels, rear speakers, (ideally the same as the front speakers) either a processor or special amp that can be wired for matrix surround, and good rear speaker placement.