PDA

View Full Version : Random Feature

Puggsley456
08-28-2007, 11:02 PM
Hey guys Im looking for a new HU, and I really liked the DEH-7800mp, But while playing with a friends deck a year back I noticed that if you have the random play feature on using a mp3 cd, if you manually select to to the next track, it goes to the next numerical track instead of the next random track. But if the song plays to the end it goes to the next random track.

Did this change in the newer pioneer models?

gijoe
08-29-2007, 02:35 AM
The 880 still does that. It actually bugs me, since I think that Random is the greatest Mode ever created. I like to hit next and get the next random song, not the next numerical song. I guess there aren't many people that care about this, but I do. You may have to look into a different brand if this is important to you. It would take a lot more than that to convince me to get rid of my 880 though.

Puggsley456
08-29-2007, 11:38 AM
Hoe does this affect the ipods' shuffle integration? Does the deck do it or is is solely done by the ipod?

rondog
02-15-2008, 07:15 PM
I dont mean to bring back old threads, but I was checking if their was a way around this..I just bought a DEH-400UB

has the ipod/usb hook up. Well I bought an 8gig usb drive and I have 1000+ mp3s..the **** random only works if the song ends.

This is the most ridiculous feature that makes no sense to me!!