PDA

View Full Version : Wel my alpine is fried, rather not repair, any suggestions?

ExtremeODD
08-28-2007, 10:46 PM
Well my alpine that was on its last legs fried today. The cause? The previous owner doing a direct to battery connection with NO FUSE. *******.

Now what would be a good (hopefully under 100 dollars) head unit that has a built in crossover for when I install my sub. I want to get alpine so I dont have to rewire it, but if nessary I will. Not sure on the model number for my current one, just that it has a cross over, can adjust where the base is centered at (what corner of the car) face plate can be set on several angles, and can play MP3 disks (if the screen wasnt broken)

AUX in on the front would be nice, however my monster fm transmitter came in the mail today (yay, about 30 mins after my radio crapped itself) :pissed:

EDIT: Well I guess I could get the alpine fixed, but Im not sure where I have to send it and how long it would take and if I could get something better for cheaper than the repair costs I would love that.

ExtremeODD
08-28-2007, 10:47 PM
quote /=/ edit :(

ExtremeODD
08-29-2007, 08:57 PM
well its the cda-7893 model, which looking around online is pretty good. Unfortunatly I cannot for the life of me find another one other than ebay. However I think I might be better off getting the used one from ebay since its 95 buy it now + 10 shipping, I think i would spend more on shipping it to alpine to get it fixed. Any advice?