PDA

View Full Version : Need Help Removing Factory Radio

JT1979
08-28-2007, 11:41 PM
I just recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS. I want to replace the factory HU with a nice single DIN CD player, but cannot figure out how to remove the factory HU. Can ne one here help me?

I have NEVER paid someone to install a HU in my ride, and do not want to now either.

Justin89T
08-29-2007, 01:53 AM
I just recently purchased a 1995 Mitsubishi Diamante LS. I want to replace the factory HU with a nice single DIN CD player, but cannot figure out how to remove the factory HU. Can ne one here help me?

I have NEVER paid someone to install a HU in my ride, and do not want to now either.

I've only done one, and don't remember much. The only thing I have to say is if you have vents above the hu, make sure you disconnect something from your foot area or you'll break your vents.

can't be much more help than that....

jmanpc
08-29-2007, 01:56 AM
got pics of the dash? You should be able to find a couple screws then just take off the bezel. Well at least I assume since I've never been in a diamante. But, thats how most mitzus are.

mavster
08-29-2007, 02:01 AM
i've used this place before...

http://www.carstereoremoval.com/htm/stereoremovalMitsubishiDiamante91_96P.htm

$4 ...can't beat that....

JT1979
08-29-2007, 08:41 AM
yeah, looks like I'm going to have tio pay atleast for instructions. CANNOT figure this one out to save my life. Thanks for all you guys help. I'll give this thread until the weekend and then I'll buy it if no results come about.