PDA

View Full Version : sealed 15s box q

soundblast1
08-27-2007, 12:13 PM
I need a little advice on how to optimize the performance of my 2 15" MB Quart rwe 352 subs (700 watts each)the recommended enclosure size is 1.5 cu ft so do i have to add to that the driver displacement? i will be running them off of 2 Orion 600 D amps (the old shiny ones), about how much airspace should i design my box for without the subs and how much space should i allow from the back of the magnet of the subs to the rear of the box

Trixter
08-27-2007, 01:23 PM
...so do i have to add to that the driver displacement?

yes.

...how much airspace should i design my box for without the subs

3.0cu'

...and how much space should i allow from the back of the magnet of the subs to the rear of the box

measure how high the sub will sit. if you have a vented pole piece (vent hole on back of the magnet) the measure it's diameter, add this to the height of the sub, build to no shallower than this.

soundblast1
08-27-2007, 03:37 PM
if i have to add for driver displacement wouldnt that make it bigger than 3.0?

how small can i go without hurting efficiency, and if my subs tend to bottom out at high volume should i go a little smaller?

i can get 2.65 but im wondering if thats too small

Witty690
08-27-2007, 06:16 PM
The subs should have come with something that said how much volume the subs displace. Add this to your 3.0ft^3 and that will be the final volume of the box

2.65 cubic feet might work, but it all depends on how the sub reacts to it. I would start with 3.0 cubes, so try and find it. You usually can.

BTW, what type of vehicle is it going in, maybe we can help with the design...

soundblast1
08-28-2007, 12:55 PM
well its an SQ sub and ive been told that if you put it in a smaller box it may have more punch

Trixter
08-28-2007, 01:32 PM
well its an SQ sub and ive been told that if you put it in a smaller box it may have more punch

if it's an sq sub, you want a box that will produce as flat of a response as possible...not punchy. for the best sq from them, call the mfg. rep. and see what they say...that is probably where they got the 1.5 for each from anyways.

the 3.0 would be your net internal cu'....add sub displacement to this...and any other bracing or whatever. (you asked for how much air space....to me this means net cu'.)