PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer Auto EQ is a joke! any thoughts?

ebmx66
08-27-2007, 12:06 AM
I was just tuning my system for like an hour, im not the best at it but it definetly sounds alot better now

before i just had it auto eq'ed with a little eq'ing by me in the tweet range i thought it sounded good and didn't really pay attention until today when i decided i wanted to really tune it, i turned the auto eq off and just went to the preset powerful curve and wow it sounded soo much better the auto eq had the midbass like jacked up and the whole system sounded like it was underwater

i ended up with a powerful based curve but took down the high range a little and i turned BBE on to the lowest setting it had i thought it made it sound more real and open IMO, i tried the BMX and COMP but both seem to give me unrealistic high range like really airy and raspy it just didn't blend it would make the tweets to powerful and i didn't like it, also if you really pay attention to the instruments in some From First to Last and Scary Kids Scaring Kids music i thought it took away from guitars and kind of mumbled all of the background instruments together a little

i ono just my thoughts i thought i would share

htsource
08-27-2007, 08:41 PM
Well, I just got the 980BT about 2 weeks ago, ran the auto EQ and thought the sound was pretty good except for the bass. It took out the bass completely :)

I did find out though, turning on the BBE effect made a big difference in a good way. I thought mine was turned off, but I didn't realize even between OFF and 0 made a difference.

I ran a RTA graph before and after auto EQ, the curve didn't change much other than louder in certain frequencies. But the auto EQ did something as it does sound better.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly the auto EQ does, and it seems the auto EQ does do something to the rear speakers as I watched the dash while it's auto EQ'ing and read Adjust rear EQ?

Happy tweaking :)

Louisiana_CRX
08-27-2007, 08:44 PM
Why didn't you just set it yourself instead of trusting a lil bitty mic?

ebmx66
08-28-2007, 12:05 AM
ya i decided this

me>mike

i still cant get the germaniums to sound the way i want them too with that wow factor when you hear a song i ono maybe im an idiot and just terrible at tuning but its pissing me off:pissed: