PDA

View Full Version : CDT comps

germanyt
08-26-2007, 10:58 PM
Did a search and didn't come up with much. I have never heard CDT comps before but hear a lot about them and I am interested. Does anyone have any experience with CDT ES-62i Golds? I am looking at them and wondering if they are worth the 700 bucks a set. I don't really know much about speakers but I'm looking for a set to match up with my next substage (see sig). I want fairly high end. Not the crappy Kappas I have now. Can someone make some recommendations? I haven't decided on an amp for them yet so opinons on that are appreciated too. I want 2 sets of 6.5 inch 2 way comps somewhere around or less than 500 a pair and an amp for about 500 give or take a couple. Thanks in advance.

Gary S
08-27-2007, 05:25 AM
CDT has been around for quite some time, that's why the name is well known. They use Vifa drivers, considered by OEM home speaker manufacturers as a middle of the road, good bang for the buck speaker.

In car audio, this means they make it into the high end. I think they are overpriced... but with that said, so are a lot of brands.

You have a good chunk of money... I would look at the Rainbow line of speakers first.

genxx
08-27-2007, 05:59 AM
The CDT's are very good but I like CDT's. People either like them or hate them.

I would look at Rainbows, Dyns, Scan-Speak, Hertz and some other is I was in the $700 range. Nothing wrong with the CDT's just not sure I could drop $700 on them even liking CDT.

Something loud from CDT I would look at HD-62/M6i and instead of a silk tweeter get the Aluminum or Titanium.IMO

Not sure why you want two sets of comps unless you fear keeping up at full tilt with your subs. In that case I would look at something like one set of Rainbow Powerline CS or the Dynaudio 240MKII, System 340 or 360. Something that has the ability get loud and still maintain its composure.IMO

Ignatowski
08-27-2007, 08:05 AM
CDT is too proud of thier stuff.......

Hoodlum007
08-27-2007, 11:13 AM
I love the way CDT speakers sound. i have used MBQ, Polk, Infinity, Diamond and so on but the way the CDT bring the music out is differant IMO. My brother and a few of our buddies run them and feel the same way as well.

I would just put a good set of comps in front and put in some basic rearfill.
last years ES620's can be had a good price linked below.

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1109

http://woofersetc.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=product.display&product_id=1110

germanyt
08-28-2007, 01:39 AM
i do what 2 sets to keep up with the subs at full tilt. i also drive an SUV with a rear seat and people who sit in the rear seat are gonna want to hear the music too. not just the bass. I dont' mind rear fill/rear speakers. I like having the music from all around me. Im not terrible interested in staging/imaging. Just loud and clean all the way around