PDA

View Full Version : dyno runs

rob_z89
08-26-2007, 04:58 AM
anyone know of any shops in southern cali that has a dyno that i can run my truck on so i can get some base numbers before i install my parts to see how much of a gain i got
thanks in advance

Ferendon
08-27-2007, 07:08 AM
Make sure the tires are up to the challenge. I've seen what happens when an S/T/H rated tires goes on a dyno. And be careful dyno'ing a stock truck. I've seen quite a few blow the diff, or twist an axle on a dyno. The forces exerted on the components of the drivetrain are substancially different on a dyno, than on the street.

Death By Bass
08-27-2007, 07:45 AM
Make sure the tires are up to the challenge. I've seen what happens when an S/T/H rated tires goes on a dyno. And be careful dyno'ing a stock truck. I've seen quite a few blow the diff, or twist an axle on a dyno. The forces exerted on the components of the drivetrain are substancially different on a dyno, than on the street.

:rolleyes::eyebrow:

its stock, nothing is going to break, and tyres arent going to explode

:eyebrow::rolleyes:

Ferendon
08-27-2007, 10:30 AM
Say what you will, just a warning. Most of the time everything's ok, but I've grown up around cars... Really fast cars... I've seen what happens when everything is NOT ok.

DeViOuSoNe
08-27-2007, 10:40 AM
Yeah to REALLY FAST cars, not a stock truck..

Death By Bass
08-27-2007, 05:38 PM
Say what you will, just a warning. Most of the time everything's ok, but I've grown up around cars... Really fast cars... I've seen what happens when everything is NOT ok.

lol, if a stock vehicle is going to break things, then you arent even going to be able to drive it, or it will probably break :rolleyes:

SVTLightning01
08-27-2007, 05:42 PM
Racers Edge Tuning in Downey, CA

I had my Lightning tuned there. Good peoples.

rob_z89
08-27-2007, 05:43 PM
its not something that i really need to do was just wondering i was just curious if i was gonna see any real gain with the parts i am putting on

InhumanAcura
08-27-2007, 05:49 PM
i dont know about the rest of the country, but i know texas and washington do their state inspections on a mustang dyno

IgnoreMe
08-27-2007, 05:55 PM
you will be fine. ive dynoed quite a few cars, as well as some in the 500hp range (no not ungodly fast but still quick). i wouldnt worry about it. you will be doing your run in 3rd gear or so anyways, and the drums will be rolling fairly quickly already, so i wouldnt worry about a **** thing as far as "extra stress" goes. if the cars are strapped to the dyno right everything will be ok.

rob_z89
08-27-2007, 06:26 PM
ok im not gonna be runnin alot of power just a little boost since imma be puttin 20's on the truck i need the extra power to move my truck

will be puttin throttle body spacer,shorty headers,dual exhaust with super 44 flowmaster mufflers,k&n intake system and havin my trans rebuilt with a street and strip shift kit should give me a small boost if i dont see the results i want ill be puttin a cam and maybe a vortec supercharger

IgnoreMe
08-27-2007, 06:38 PM
ok im not gonna be runnin alot of power just a little boost since imma be puttin 20's on the truck i need the extra power to move my truck

will be puttin throttle body spacer,shorty headers,dual exhaust with super 44 flowmaster mufflers,k&n intake system and havin my trans rebuilt with a street and strip shift kit should give me a small boost if i dont see the results i want ill be puttin a cam and maybe a vortec supercharger

your car will be different so take this with a grain of salt but i dont believe in throttle body spacers. as far as throttle bodies...you cant just put them on you have to grind it down to actually let more air in. for example....

mustang GT + k&n intake + throttle body = 1 hp gain to the wheels.....saw it with my own eyes :( . biggest waste of cash ive seen.

rob_z89
08-27-2007, 09:11 PM
yea i hope my car reacts different unless some one has some suggestions on ways of gettin some horsepower out of my vehicle its a 96 silverado with the 5.7 vortec im looking at spending 500 or so just in parts thanks for all the help so far