PDA

View Full Version : Blade sugguestions?

THXdts
08-25-2007, 08:44 PM
I am having a little trouble cutting 11 ply birch with a 2 hp skill circular saw. When I get like halfway through a cut, it starts to bog down, and sometimes stop. I am wondering how many teeth blade I should get and what a good blade is that can cut through it like butter. Thanks.

Immacomputer
08-25-2007, 08:59 PM
It may be a height or table fault. Is the board bending too much? Is it properly balanced? If the board would fall in if you cut all the way through it, you need to support it better. If you don't, it could be pinching the blade and possibly cause kick back. Make sure that the blade height is also set to allow only about one tooth through fully.

bonesninja
08-25-2007, 09:00 PM
It may be a height or table fault. Is the board bending too much? Is it properly balanced? If the board would fall in if you cut all the way through it, you need to support it better. If you don't, it could be pinching the blade and possibly cause kick back. Make sure that the blade height is also set to allow only about one tooth through fully.

X2 million....i had this issue sometimes so i built myself a table that will support a whole 4x8 foot sheet

http://i198.photobucket.com/albums/aa108/bonesninja/DSC01954.jpg

mlstrass
08-26-2007, 12:10 AM
44-60 tooth carbide tipped should work fine. Sounds like the wood isn't supported properly and is binding the blade...