PDA

View Full Version : Need opinions to help decide between two Pioneer HU's

kokanee27
08-23-2007, 11:59 PM
So i cant decided between the Pioneer AVIc-D3 and the AVH-P5900dvd
im just looking for a good dvd deck, but sound quality and control is important to me
i like the 5900 for security and looks, but it seems the d3 has a better interface? the navigation is just a bonus for me, i dont need it,
so just want to know what you guys think of these two? which one would you go for and why?
or any others that are similar (doesnt have to be pioneer)

nbudros
08-27-2007, 04:52 PM
My original post was rude....

So with that said this is what I would do, if you want a dvd screen and SQ and control.

Alpine IVAw205 + Alpine H701...

If you dont wana spend that much, grab a used ivaw200 off the forums or 205 off internet dealer and a 6 channel eq line driver... like the one I have, sitting at my house.

Its the best way to go for a screen and sq, d3 has **** for sq and has 2 volts, and is god awful for controling the 5900 is dumb and out dated.

The alpines are the best on the market.

Thats some good 2 cents right there, ive owned ivaw200,pioneer, eclipse, and i run eclipse cd7000 for a reason.

kokanee27
08-28-2007, 11:48 PM
welll i was lookin into alpine, but read too many people tellin me they were goin down the shitter for sq and control,
and both the units you suggested have 2 volts too,
but id perfer a flip out deck, i was only lookin at the d3 cause of the functions on the interface