PDA

View Full Version : Port and Sub placement in a chevy 2500

twisztdauthorit
08-23-2007, 03:06 AM
Sub is going in this style truck with the king cab
http://imageonthefly.cars.com/images/?IMG=CAB40CHT283A0101.jpg&width=208&COLOR=ffffff

We will take out 1 side of the back seats and mount a box to the truck.. whats is the best placement for the sub and port?
i was thinking sub up port forward but i could be wrong... any ideas..

The box will be on the passenger side.

Sorry for not using search but i wanna be specific about the truck.

BJ The Man
08-23-2007, 12:37 PM
seriously just search cause i remember answering this question many a time. but i guess ill say it again. From my experience sub up or towards the seats with the port to the side is best.

just search next time..

Ku-sama
08-23-2007, 12:53 PM
in my application, subs towards other side of truck and port up is wanging loud.

in your truck, try port up, subs forward

Twistid
08-23-2007, 07:19 PM
in my application, subs towards other side of truck and port up is wanging loud.

in your truck, try port up, subs forward

dont listen to this pedophile, he will rape your little sister

crawlinYJ
08-23-2007, 07:21 PM
take the woofer to the floor of the truck and the port to the rear wall. i have a lot of experience with the extended cab trucks. if it is going under the seat, try to go up with the woofers just to save all that airspace you would lose downfiring.

twisztdauthorit
08-23-2007, 08:47 PM
i guess i should mention its going to be a DD 3515 in about 5 cubes or so... no way i can fit that under neath a seat ;)

I have a temp box that has sub and port on 1 plane so i guess i will play with positioning that.
Then i might try sub up port side/

crawlinYJ
08-23-2007, 08:50 PM
i guess i should mention its going to be a DD 3515 in about 5 cubes or so... no way i can fit that under neath a seat ;)

I have a temp box that has sub and port on 1 plane so i guess i will play with positioning that.
Then i might try sub up port side/

why 5 cubes? that woofer will sound better in a smaller box. dont do the sub up. bad idea. do the port to the rear. the bass will be more developed by the time it gets to the drivers head.

twisztdauthorit
08-24-2007, 12:26 AM
why 5 cubes? that woofer will sound better in a smaller box. dont do the sub up. bad idea. do the port to the rear. the bass will be more developed by the time it gets to the drivers head.

5 cubes was just a guesstimate...
what specs would you recommend for this sub... this build will take place within the next 2 weeks.

ok so if i go port rear.. which way should the sub face?

FYI i am removing the right back seat and the middle and left seat will stay functional. (seat=bench whatever)

I have a hard time seeing the sound waves bouncing off the back of the truck to well because they might be obstructed by other large objects

Would some pictures help?

IgnoreMe
08-24-2007, 01:07 AM
dont listen to this pedophile, he will rape your little sister

hahah the fun never stops