PDA

View Full Version : Want to keep stock headunit with subwoofer

JB101
08-21-2007, 01:01 AM
Hi I want to keep my stock headunit, its a bose 6 CD changer with remote, and i also have bose speakers in the car. I currently have sony xplodes that I want to hook up but everyone is saying if I dont get an aftermarket headunit I wont get the full power out of the subs. Is this true, and if so is there anything I can do to keep my stock headunit ?

Thanks, JB

elementxero
08-21-2007, 01:05 AM
I wouldn't worry too much about getting "max power" from those xplodes.

That's like saying "will I squeeze more water out of this rock if its hot or if its warm?"

JB101
08-21-2007, 01:13 AM
Yea im not worried about max power the RMS is only 380, I havnt bought the xplodes yet are they worth it ? I was worried about the SQ of using a stock headunit compared to an aftermarket.

dbhittin
08-21-2007, 01:17 AM
well with bose, i know u gotta change alot of **** if u upgrade anything lol.. and stay away from sony

Motley
08-21-2007, 01:18 AM
Don't buy the sony, they ****. If you get a nice amp, like a JL 500/1 You can tune the subs with the amp to get the best output from your stock headunit.

JB101
08-21-2007, 01:22 AM
Yea thats the problem with all the bose stuff that came stock with the car, im getting it all professionally installed though, I just didnt really want to get rid of my headunit and was worried that the SQ would be crappy compared to an aftermarket. JL is too expensive for me lol, I was thinking maybe concept or some rockford punch's

djman37
08-21-2007, 08:32 AM
Yea thats the problem with all the bose stuff that came stock with the car, im getting it all professionally installed though, I just didnt really want to get rid of my headunit and was worried that the SQ would be crappy compared to an aftermarket. JL is too expensive for me lol, I was thinking maybe concept or some rockford punch's

they SHOULD know what to do. On some Bose systems, you can tap in before the external amp and make signal level inputs. On others, you tap near the speaker, use a LOC and hope for the best. Bose stuff uses a lot of EQing and odd impedances, so good luck with that.:crap: