PDA

View Full Version : Wheeler8921 Stay away

imalik
08-20-2007, 06:44 PM
Bought a box from..yes after he got ran off ecoustic, I though people were giving him a hard time and took a chance on the guy.#1 ships the box with out tracking number...# I get the box it has bubbles where he didnt put the screws in straight and here is his reply vai IM.

imalik:where the screws didnt go in straight
jOHN: well thats tough **** then eh?

pcolasfinest
08-20-2007, 06:49 PM
well if everyone on a different site was saying he was shady then why did you take the chance?

imalik
08-20-2007, 07:04 PM
I think I stated that..I thought PPL were giving him a hard time. but the proof was in the pudding.

Naledge503
08-20-2007, 08:07 PM
Did he take your box for a swim too? :rotflol:

lilmaniac2
08-20-2007, 08:13 PM
well for that box to be fixed you could pull the screws out and sand it down, that is IF and thats a big IF he glued it properly it'll be fine.

Next time check out fisher customs over @ caraudiojunkyard.com

imalik
08-20-2007, 08:38 PM
Naledge...LOL not quite, yes I knew all about that.
lilmaniac2 yes that could be done, Bad thing is I have spoke to him via IM for a while thought he was cool then he pulled this BS.
Yes I have seen the good work BJ does..

Naledge503
08-20-2007, 08:50 PM
Just wondering, what sub or subs you working with? bj's site is fishercustoms.com

imalik
08-20-2007, 09:02 PM
Just wondering, what sub or subs you working with? bj's site is fishercustoms.com

Now a15'' SD2.5...I will get BJ to make my box for the HDC3 when they come out

tremor1127
08-20-2007, 09:10 PM
wow, he cant even put screws in straight?

imalik
08-20-2007, 09:18 PM
wow, he cant even put screws in straight?

LOL.

wheeler8921
08-21-2007, 05:43 PM
LMFAO. 14 posts your stupid as *****. 1 screw was 1/16th of an inch off so it bubbled out ever so slightly and this kid is throwing a ***** fit. When in reality, he changed his mind and asked me for his money back, when I denied him here, he decides to make this statment and file a paypal dispute against me that he will loose. I have built 9 boxes, and I have had no complaints except this one. I bent over backwards working with malik and he called me a scammer because there was no tracking number on the usps reciept, just an order number. I sent him pix of the box and the recpeit and told him it would be there in 5 days. He said what?!? Why didnt you mail it priority. (He never said what service he wanted it) I wasn't going to pay $56.00 for priority shipping, so i did parcel post @ $30. Hell he only paid me $110 for the box, and carpet cost me $25.00 extra to do, let alone supplies. This kid is full of himself. Talk to sundownz, jblanford, oglejust, jnoel, alxmlr789, varsity bumper, and check my ebay feedback: wheeler8921. I have been involved in internet trading, selling, and buying for over 2 years now, and he is my first complaint. I will keep you posted on the paypal dispute. He really has no case other than, "I changed my mind and decided not I didnt want a box, so i made up something to try to get my money back and make a great seller look like a scammer." Malik, you really are immature, grow up.

pitbull12887
08-21-2007, 05:48 PM
ok, its like this. If 1 screw made it bubble, who cares. Its not going to affect the box. People DONT build boxes for free. He gave you a killer deal. 110 for a box.

Lets break this down:

$30 shipping +
$25 carpet +
Probally about $30-$40 for wood at least = $85 + not to mention the cost of about 1-2 hours of labor.

tapout
08-21-2007, 05:50 PM
great read.....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240810

pitbull12887
08-21-2007, 05:53 PM
great read.....

http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=240810

BMX shits in EVERYONES for sale threads except for his own though. He's a good guy to do business with but his ethics annoy me.

wheeler8921
08-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Labor of 1-2 hours in the carpet alone. 6-8 in the box itself. And I try to be extremely fair when selling and buying and trading, and have never scammed anyone. I have done this stuff since a very young age and have developed very good ethics I believe, and talk to anyone who has done buisness with me, and they will tell you that I am very nice and polite, and pretty much an all around cool kid, and I would never EVER, even think about intentionally screwing someone over. My conscience would eat at me day and night, and I couldnt live with myself. I really enjoy designing and implementing designs through boxes (engineering) and selling them and getting to know people, and making an extra buck, thats why in college I am planning on studying Engineering and getting an MBA along with that and go into buisness myself. Thats just a little background of me, and I hope people will see beyond imaliks immaturity and take a look at what really happened, once you read what I wrote on the other thread, then please feel free to express your new or pre-existing opinions about me, if that doesn't change, then thats fine, but I just thought I would give you the other side and what really happened. If I was truly out to get him, do you think I would be going through all this and spending this much time on just lies? I wouldnt think so.

imalik
08-21-2007, 08:17 PM
ok, its like this. If 1 screw made it bubble, who cares. Its not going to affect the box. People DONT build boxes for free. He gave you a killer deal. 110 for a box.

Lets break this down:

$30 shipping +
$25 carpet +
Probally about $30-$40 for wood at least = $85 + not to mention the cost of about 1-2 hours of labor.

He knew that before he shipped the box..if it as all good he could have told me that...and money doesnt grow on trees...I didnt tell you how much I paid for the box.That should have stayed between me and John... It was more than just 1 screw bubble, I could care less what you think is a killer deal...you can buy a box from him Im done...John knows I was cool with him, and what he did is FOUL...just not cool. 1 sheet of MDF is $20

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 01:30 AM
1 sheet of MDF is almost 25 around here, and glue, silicon, and screws arent free either. Once you get the carpet how are you going to adhere it to the box? That's not free either $10 a can for 3M 77 Adhesive spray glue. After you factor in the cost of shipping, my labor costs would probably amount to less than a dollar an hour. You got an absolute STEAL for this box, even if it was just the materials and shipping cost. Also, packging isnt free. I used 2 rolls of tape on your box, at $2.50 per roll, add an extra $5. Apparently you don't realize what all goes into a box, that is why you didnt build one yourself, and what I did was not FOUL, what you did was foul treating me like ***** as soon as the box was dropped off at the post office and you complained that I didnt pay $70 for priority, that I only paid $30 for parcel post. If I shipped it priority I would have been at a major loss and may have well have kept the box myself. I bent over backwards for your sorry a$s and come to find out your just an immature clow. Enough said.

pickup1
08-25-2007, 01:38 AM
lets see a pic of the box.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 01:52 AM
lets see a pic of the box.

x2

Eugenics
08-25-2007, 01:53 AM
nobody gives a **** about your materials cost. you pride yourself on being a box builder, so send out a perfect ******* box. you're a hack, this is not the business for you.

you are a piece of ****. and great customer service there.

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 02:24 AM
6-8 hours to build a box? Serious?

I think maybe 3 hours including buy the supplies, cutting and building it for me.

EDIT: But in all reality, 110 for a box is a STEAL. I wouldn't do them less for 150.

azimuth
08-25-2007, 02:33 AM
we need to see pics. only the ACLU and the feds persecute without proof.

dragnix
08-25-2007, 02:39 AM
ppl need to stop saying 110 is a steal for a box. A prefab costs less, but no one's in a hurry to buy one are they? And post pics so we can decide whether or not to flame the OP or the box builder

AVSTANG02
08-25-2007, 02:49 AM
$110 is pretty average...

but the bonus is that includes shipping...

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 02:51 AM
Yeah, I charged about 150+ shipping. Even if you picked it up, it was that price.

dragnix
08-25-2007, 02:56 AM
yes, but no matter how low the price, if the quality is not great does that still justify the price?

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 03:32 AM
From what it sounds like, it was a small screw bubbling the wood.. most likely from no pre-drilling. And a single screw like that I think is perfectly acceptable for the price you pay. Everyone saying get the prefab boxes.. for larger subwoofers, I wouldn't for a million years buy a prefab box.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 09:13 AM
yes, but no matter how low the price, if the quality is not great does that still justify the price?

you get what you pay for....he could have easily got prefab which is the most retarded thing to do....DOES YOUR BOX STILL DO ITS JOB?

imalik
08-25-2007, 10:57 AM
The box has carpet on it.. you cant tell where the problems are, if you feel it you can find the problems

imalik
08-25-2007, 11:17 AM
One more thing...It's was 3 bubbles.. the top of the box is not flush...the box was not built for me..like I said I would talk IM him....here and there...He told he had a few extra boxes and one of the boxes he had would work with my sub, so I paid him for it, a box thats just sitting there is only taking up space, I did him just as much as a favor by buying the box.
Now to be 100% honest it doesnt sound bad, but I can build a flawed box...You should not call yourself a box builder.

amedeuce
08-25-2007, 11:22 AM
Let's see the stupid thing already

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 11:24 AM
One more thing...It's was 3 bubbles.. the top of the box is not flush...the box was not built for me..like I said I would talk IM him....here and there...He told he had a few extra boxes and one of the boxes he had would work with my sub, so I paid him for it, a box thats just sitting there is only taking up space, I did him just as much as a favor by buying the box.
Now to be 100% honest it doesnt sound bad, but I can build a flawed box...You should not call yourself a box builder.

if you so called can build a box then why in the fvck would u buy another one from someone else? sounds to me like your the scammer...and if it sounds good then stfu....people are feeling your box?:yureawsm:

imalik
08-25-2007, 11:30 AM
if you so called can build a box then why in the fvck would u buy another one from someone else? sounds to me like your the scammer...and if it sounds good then stfu....people are feeling your box?:yureawsm:

LOL..I siad I can build a FLAWED BOX..LOL..if you pay money you dont expect flaws..scammer right..LOL
R.I.F.. I can say what I need to say, STFU never e thug, I did tell the truth, I could have said it sounds bad would a scammer say that??? your not that bright...You can check with perfecxionX ask him how things went with me.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 11:33 AM
well where are the pics of this flawed box? not trying to stick up for wheeler by any means, but for all this bitc_hing your doing i'd expected you to post pics of the box, and all these im logs you have of you guys talking.

vvblazers777
08-25-2007, 11:34 AM
well where are the pics of this flawed box? not trying to stick up for wheeler by any means, but for all this bitc_hing your doing i'd expected you to post pics of the box, and all these im logs you have of you guys talking.

x2.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 11:35 AM

x3
see thats the thing.........u got a box....a couple flaws...no biggie...u said it sounded good...and for 110 thats a great deal considering i had to pay 200 for mine.....

Qbenjamin
08-25-2007, 11:39 AM

Well, next time you know to do it yourself or at least use the SEARCH feature and you would have avoided this problem. Anybody that ever dips MDF in pool water, would never get me to buy a box from them. /story

lilmaniac2
08-25-2007, 11:42 AM
He may have got a steal of a deal, BUT you were providing a service and as a professional you couldve said something better than "tough ****"

Things like this were the reason why I started building boxes for people on here. You remind me a of Jordan Tyler :)...

azimuth
08-25-2007, 11:43 AM
x3
see thats the thing.........u got a box....a couple flaws...no biggie...u said it sounded good...and for 110 thats a great deal considering i had to pay 200 for mine.....

agreed. all this is at this point is complaining. nobody should ever make a thread like this without pics.
:needpics:

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 11:46 AM
Definetly need pics of said box. Can't decide without seeing it....

ctmike
08-25-2007, 11:49 AM
Well, next time you know to do it yourself or at least use the SEARCH feature and you would have avoided this problem. Anybody that ever dips MDF in pool water, would never get me to buy a box from them. /story

x2.

krisfnbz
08-25-2007, 11:52 AM
show pics of the ****ing box or / of the thread

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 11:57 AM
Yeah....pool waters bad mkay?

imalik
08-25-2007, 12:37 PM
Here it is
http://i221.photobucket.com/albums/dd270/wheelerpic/15box2-1.jpg

azimuth
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
umm..........pic of the problem please. looks fine to me.

dragnix
08-25-2007, 12:41 PM
doesn't look to have any flaws on it, u might wanna show us close up pix of where the flaws are to better justify ur case

imalik
08-25-2007, 12:47 PM
I would have to pull the carpet off to show the problems...Im going to order a new box..when I get the new box I will pull the carpet off.

lilmaniac2
08-25-2007, 12:56 PM
if you cant see it then its no big deal man lol

imalik
08-25-2007, 01:01 PM
if you cant see it then its no big deal man lol

I hear you, but it doesnt mean they are not there. Im sure if anyone got a refurb instead of BNIB They would not like it.

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 01:45 PM
Three screws like that won't hurt the structural integrity of the box. I think you're on your period and need to just let it go. You got a good deal and you're *****ing like it'll fall apart any second.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 01:51 PM
I hear you, but it doesnt mean they are not there. Im sure if anyone got a refurb instead of BNIB They would not like it.

ur a ***** / of story

imalik
08-25-2007, 02:11 PM
ur a ***** / of story

LOL...You and your trailer can go to h3ll..I said what I needed to say

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 02:13 PM
lol....sorry i dont live with mommy....lmfao

ctmike
08-25-2007, 02:15 PM
ur a ***** / of story

x2.
show the damaged part. by that pic it looks decent, and you already said everythings fine with your sub playing, so why all this bitc_hing? and where are all these im logs you have? interested in reading these, need something else to laugh at.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 02:21 PM
x2.
show the damaged part. by that pic it looks decent, and you already said everythings fine with your sub playing, so why all this bitc_hing? and where are all these im logs you have? interested in reading these, need something else to laugh at.

i agree lol

tapout
08-25-2007, 02:29 PM
x3

Lets totally separate ourselves from this situation because I want no part of it. I learned a long time ago that Wheeler was a moron for dipping MDF in a swimming pool to make a box.

Say you bought a subwoofer that was advertised as flawless. It gets there and has holes in the surround. It still sound fine but.......

See my point? If it wouldnt matter to you then disregard, but I think you would have a problem.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 02:39 PM
Lets totally separate ourselves from this situation because I want no part of it. I learned a long time ago that Wheeler was a moron for dipping MDF in a swimming pool to make a box.

Say you bought a subwoofer that was advertised as flawless. It gets there and has holes in the surround. It still sound fine but.......

See my point? If it wouldnt matter to you then disregard, but I think you would have a problem.

**** did i miss something lol....dipping mdf in a pool? is there a link lol....

ctmike
08-25-2007, 02:48 PM
can't find a link to that thread yet, but here's the thread he started asking how to tune a box after making it.
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/349087.html

tapout
08-25-2007, 02:58 PM
**** did i miss something lol....dipping mdf in a pool? is there a link lol....

http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messages/4/358180.html

ctmike
08-25-2007, 03:02 PM
there it is! that was one funny read. i especially like the pic of the board he put up by the pool, like it was waiting to jump in!

"Just the slots, it worked wonders, and dried out in ten minutes. The wood was easier to bend and the strength of the wood was not sacrificed. TRUST ME!"

hahaha

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 03:11 PM
omfg ....i am not sticking up for dood anymore lol....dip mdf in water...hmm...

easy solution both of you :suicide:

imalik
08-25-2007, 03:39 PM

Thanks Tap Out.

imalik
08-25-2007, 03:42 PM
If there is a MOD on PM with a email addy and I will send my proof..I dont want to post all that went on, I will send the proof to the MOD and he can post if what Im saying is legit.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 03:43 PM
pm it to me at least. not like pm'ing it to a mod is going to do anything. they can't settle paypal disputes or nothing.

imalik
08-25-2007, 03:47 PM
pm it to me at least. not like pm'ing it to a mod is going to do anything. they can't settle paypal disputes or nothing.

YGPM..Im not asking a mod to settle anything...Just he can have a clear view of what went on..I just dont want to post it

CrazedCat
08-25-2007, 03:56 PM
Soaking MDF in the pool http://smiliesftw.com/x/ughwtf.gif (http://smiliesftw.com)

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 04:00 PM
What an idiot.

connersdad19
08-25-2007, 04:26 PM
What an idiot.

i agree:suicide:

steinkea
08-25-2007, 04:37 PM
This thread makes me smile because I knew it would just be time before someone had a complaint against his boxes.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 04:39 PM
i agree:suicide:

x2. That was the second box I built and I researched online about steam bending with wood online and there was nothing wrong with that. I built that box a long *** time ago, and lets not go there we are talking about this box, not a box i buit years ago. For those of you who didnt know, I pulled the water piece off and re did it. Anyways, he obviously can't proove his case which is why he will get ***** all over in his paypal dispute. I did predrill the holes, if i hadn't have done that the wood would have cracked when it got close to the edge. imalik has no case whatsoever, so in order to make me look like a bad guy he has to pull up something that occured months ago, since his argument has no validations he resorts to something else.. Im not shocked. Funny thing is, I have built 9 boxes now, and have sold all but 2, one im using, and one I just pulled out of my trunk. Out of those 7 boxes sold, this is the first complaint, the other 6 boxes, I had nothing but positive comments and feedback. imalik is the real scammer here, and it will all be apparent at the end of the paypal dispute.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 04:41 PM
This thread makes me smile because I knew it would just be time before someone had a complaint against his boxes.

Steinkea, if i had shipped his box priority mail for $70, and bought an addition tracking code, we wouldn't be here, imalik and I both know this.

BiaBia
08-25-2007, 04:42 PM
You say in the other forum how 1-2 people a day or w/e contact you about boxes.. and then you say this is years ago.. that makes you building 1 box a month, if that. You need to step the game up if you try to make yourself look better imo. I was building 4 a week easy

ctmike
08-25-2007, 04:42 PM
i think you just agreed with the person that said you're an idiot, not imalik.

tapout
08-25-2007, 04:43 PM
paypal means nothing.

if he didnt get it from ebay, they will rule in your favor simply because they do not deal with "not as decribed" cases. That doesnt change the fact that you are a turd.

imalik
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
Steinkea, if i had shipped his box priority mail for $70, and bought an addition tracking code, we wouldn't be here, imalik and I both know this.

Your too funny..Priority Mail had nothing to do with this...it's your ethics. Im not the one who posted your pool adventures. Im not doing anything with paypal your the scammer TRUST....You just said that was one of your first boxes you made. so it was just laying around like I posted... If you keep talking PPL will see that you have a problem with the truth

ctmike
08-25-2007, 04:46 PM
x2. That was the second box I built and I researched online about steam bending with wood online and there was nothing wrong with that. I built that box a long *** time ago, and lets not go there we are talking about this box, not a box i buit years ago. For those of you who didnt know, I pulled the water piece off and re did it. Anyways, he obviously can't proove his case which is why he will get ***** all over in his paypal dispute. I did predrill the holes, if i hadn't have done that the wood would have cracked when it got close to the edge. imalik has no case whatsoever, so in order to make me look like a bad guy he has to pull up something that occured months ago, since his argument has no validations he resorts to something else.. Im not shocked. Funny thing is, I have built 9 boxes now, and have sold all but 2, one im using, and one I just pulled out of my trunk. Out of those 7 boxes sold, this is the first complaint, the other 6 boxes, I had nothing but positive comments and feedback. imalik is the real scammer here, and it will all be apparent at the end of the paypal dispute.

second box? from the thread it said it was what, your fourth box? and since when did you make the water logged box years ago, by the date on the thread it said it was may this year? yeah, guess that was years ago.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 04:50 PM
I did agree what I did in soaking the wood in water was not the right choice, and I even made a thread about it and took pictures and did an experiment, but because I did that doesnt mean I can't build a quality box, I think it shows that I made a mistake and I am man enough to admit it, but that was then, and this is an entire different scenario.
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0644.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0642.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0643.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0640.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0633.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0631-1.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0632.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0629.jpg
http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z236/wheeler8921/DSC_0628.jpg

"DRY MDF = 0.759"
WET MDF AFTER 10 MINUTES = 0.791"

Fisher, you were right. This wood did swell and it had a softer texture than the dry MDF. You were also right when you said it didnt dry in ten minutes. I realize when I first explained my process of how I bent the wood, I carelessly threw out a time of ten minutes, after doing this experiment I realize that it wasnt nearly that long, and saying it was 5 minutes, would be a stretch. I wet it enough so that the wood didnt act as as sponge as this piece of wood did.

All I know is that I messed up by saying I soaked it for ten minutes, and by those standards, I would have to agree with you by saying that I was wrong and you were right, the wood swelled, wasnt dry, etc, etc. I also know that when I did this with the actual piece of wood, it didnt swell up or **** in water like a sponge. It was dry after ten minutes, and everything I stood by above.

I apologize for the miscommunication and this once decent thread turned into.. how Paul put it, trainwreck."

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 04:52 PM
no it wasnt years ago, i was being sarcastic, but that was my second box rofl i dont care what anyone says, my fourth box was a single 10" ported box that I sold to sundownz and he was thoroughly pleased.

iagrdshaka
08-25-2007, 04:55 PM
The box has carpet on it.. you cant tell where the problems are, if you feel it you can find the problems

ohh noes!!!!!11!!!!1

you have to be kidding me....

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 04:57 PM
ohh noes!!!!!11!!!!1

you have to be kidding me....

LOL! I didnt catch this post xD!

imalik
08-25-2007, 05:06 PM
ctmike...ygpm

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:12 PM
Ok ok...leave the wood in the pool out of this I say. Sure, it was dumb, whatever whatever, but it really has no place in this argument, as THIS BOX was assumably, NOT soaked in water. Here is what you have when you break it down:
1) Buyer reaches an agreement with seller on a box to be built. Price is quoted as $110. Shipped, from what I understand. This is a hell of a price, I think thats safe to say.
2)Buyer receives box that he feels is sub-par because three of the screws have caused expansion in the wood due to a lack of pre-drilling (again, assumed this is the cause)

Now, based on the fact that it was a cheap price, does the buyer accept this deficiency or does he choose to get amends made for it? Obviously, he goes for option # 2, which is within his right. Regardless of the agreed upon price, quality work is expected. If this was a store bought box none of us most likely would hesitate to go back to the place of purchase and get the problem corrected. I propose this, I think its a pretty fair solution. Wheeler builds a new box, free of imperfections, predrilled, carpeted and what not. Imalik pays to ship the old box back to wheeler, and for the shipping of the new box in his preffered method (IE, you want it shipped via ups, pay for ups shipping). Wheeler does NOT charge anything for the new box, and refunds any extra money from shipping if there is any. I think thats a pretty fair exchange, no one wins really, but everyone gets what they want, and is pretty fair for both parties involved. My 2 cents of course, its really up to wheeler and imalik, but its a thought at least.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 05:22 PM
just read the im between wheeler and imalik. you can add dic_khead and **** poor customer service to yet more reasons as to not buy boxes from wheeler.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 05:25 PM
Ok ok...leave the wood in the pool out of this I say. Sure, it was dumb, whatever whatever, but it really has no place in this argument, as THIS BOX was assumably, NOT soaked in water. Here is what you have when you break it down:
1) Buyer reaches an agreement with seller on a box to be built. Price is quoted as $110. Shipped, from what I understand. This is a hell of a price, I think thats safe to say.
2)Buyer receives box that he feels is sub-par because three of the screws have caused expansion in the wood due to a lack of pre-drilling (again, assumed this is the cause)

Now, based on the fact that it was a cheap price, does the buyer accept this deficiency or does he choose to get amends made for it? Obviously, he goes for option # 2, which is within his right. Regardless of the agreed upon price, quality work is expected. If this was a store bought box none of us most likely would hesitate to go back to the place of purchase and get the problem corrected. I propose this, I think its a pretty fair solution. Wheeler builds a new box, free of imperfections, predrilled, carpeted and what not. Imalik pays to ship the old box back to wheeler, and for the shipping of the new box in his preffered method (IE, you want it shipped via ups, pay for ups shipping). Wheeler does NOT charge anything for the new box, and refunds any extra money from shipping if there is any. I think thats a pretty fair exchange, no one wins really, but everyone gets what they want, and is pretty fair for both parties involved. My 2 cents of course, its really up to wheeler and imalik, but its a thought at least.

I predrilled every hole i screwed, and its like standing up in front of a judge, if you can't proove that there are imperfections in the box, then he's **** out of luck. It's like saying yea there were 3 bubbles in the box and the judge isnt going to say oh ok, heres your money back. The judge will want to see proof that these actually exist and that they are so noticable that it causes the box to be un-usable and affects the peformance of the box.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:28 PM
just read the im between wheeler and imalik. you can add dic_khead and **** poor customer service to yet more reasons as to not buy boxes from wheeler.

Yeah, based on previous postings by wheeler, I would not have purchased a box from him regardless. I personally went with a box from Fishercustoms, and altho it was just a simple .7cf sealed, I am very happy with the results. Still, thats doesn't solve imaliks problem now does it? :)

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 05:30 PM

Read my initial thread about imalik and you will see the entire story from the first day i met him to now. It is obvious that I bent over backwards for him and gave him the best price I could. I was always extrmemly polite and friendly with him, and one day out of the blue hes like where the hell is my tracking? I took a pix of the reciept and said it should be there in 5 days or so. He said WHAT?! You douche bag why the hell didnt you ship it priority? I was like woah man, we never agreed on this and priority was close to $70 shipping, I already gave you a hell of a deal. He said if i dont get tracking from your *** im going to get my money back one way or the other. At that point I was fed up with his bullshit and i gave it right back. I said good luck with that, you're not getting **** from me. And he gets the box and then cries about imperfections that are unnoticable to the naked eye.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 05:33 PM
Yeah, based on previous postings by wheeler, I would not have purchased a box from him regardless. I personally went with a box from Fishercustoms, and altho it was just a simple .7cf sealed, I am very happy with the results. Still, thats doesn't solve imaliks problem now does it? :)

That's fine that you would never purchase a box from me. The fact that I have sold 6 boxes to 6 other people and have had nothing but positive remarks. Technically, those 6 people and imalik are the only people that can say anything about the quality of boxes I built. And other than 3 minor bubbles that imalik blew out of proportion that had been the only complaint I have EVER recieved from a buyer who purchased one of my boxes.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 05:34 PM
Read my initial thread about imalik and you will see the entire story from the first day i met him to now. It is obvious that I bent over backwards for him and gave him the best price I could. I was always extrmemly polite and friendly with him, and one day out of the blue hes like where the hell is my tracking? I took a pix of the reciept and said it should be there in 5 days or so. He said WHAT?! You douche bag why the hell didnt you ship it priority? I was like woah man, we never agreed on this and priority was close to $70 shipping, I already gave you a hell of a deal. He said if i dont get tracking from your *** im going to get my money back one way or the other. At that point I was fed up with his bullshit and i gave it right back. I said good luck with that, you're not getting **** from me. And he gets the box and then cries about imperfections that are unnoticable to the naked eye.

alright, you told your story, so what. i have the im between you two from after he received the box and told you he was unhappy. and if he's noticing these imperfections, then i guess you can see them. and as he is the customer, he should be happy with his purchase. but the way you spoke with him through ims' still have me thinking you're a douche bag and a very shady person to do business with, and i'm glad i never will buy anything from you and hopefully no one else does.

imalik
08-25-2007, 05:35 PM
NOT TRUE..I have proof. LOL...lies wont help you

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:42 PM
That's fine that you would never purchase a box from me. The fact that I have sold 6 boxes to 6 other people and have had nothing but positive remarks. Technically, those 6 people and imalik are the only people that can say anything about the quality of boxes I built. And other than 3 minor bubbles that imalik blew out of proportion that had been the only complaint I have EVER recieved from a buyer who purchased one of my boxes.

Which is fine. It was my personal pref, and it worked out good. Obviously those people bought from you, and for them it worked out fine too. Thats cool, no issues there. I just think you're going about this in the wrong manner. You have a complaint from a customer. How are you gonna handle it? Are you gonna try and make him happy? Or tell him to fck off?
That is pretty much the issue in a nutshell.....

tapout
08-25-2007, 05:44 PM
You have a complaint from a customer. How are you gonna handle it? Are you gonna try and make him happy? Or tell him to fck off?
That is pretty much the issue in a nutshell.....

we have a winnar.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
we have a winnar.

Sweet! Do I get a prize? :laugh:

Figured someone had to break it down, it was goin nowhere otherwise...... :)

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 05:50 PM
alright, you told your story, so what. i have the im between you two from after he received the box and told you he was unhappy. and if he's noticing these imperfections, then i guess you can see them. and as he is the customer, he should be happy with his purchase. but the way you spoke with him through ims' still have me thinking you're a douche bag and a very shady person to do business with, and i'm glad i never will buy anything from you and hopefully no one else does.

Well ctmike, even if you begged me to build you a box you would be refused in everyway possible. I am sure you only have parts of the im, but I have the im as well as multiple text messages that I will provide to paypal upon request. Lol I would prefer to never do buisness with a bunch of *****, but anyone in their right mind would never hesitate to do buisness with me again, and I have sold more than just boxes on this website.. I have sold my amp, subs, I have bought things, traded things, met up with people to drop off things personally, and have probably made over 20 transactions on here since I joined, and this is the first complaint I have ever recieved, but the issue here is not the box itself, it is imalik blwoing everything out of proportion. The only reason I snapped back at imalik is because he was being extremely rude and inconsiderate after I had bent over backwards for him to get him a hell of a deal. I kept in touch with him constantly letting him know the status of his box, and once it was shipped he turned in to a complete ******** for some reason, it was like light and day.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:56 PM
Well ctmike, even if you begged me to build you a box you would be refused in everyway possible. I am sure you only have parts of the im, but I have the im as well as multiple text messages that I will provide to paypal upon request. Lol I would prefer to never do buisness with a bunch of *****, but anyone in their right mind would never hesitate to do buisness with me again, and I have sold more than just boxes on this website.. I have sold my amp, subs, I have bought things, traded things, met up with people to drop off things personally, and have probably made over 20 transactions on here since I joined, and this is the first complaint I have ever recieved, but the issue here is not the box itself, it is imalik blwoing everything out of proportion. The only reason I snapped back at imalik is because he was being extremely rude and inconsiderate after I had bent over backwards for him to get him a hell of a deal. I kept in touch with him constantly letting him know the status of his box, and once it was shipped he turned in to a complete ******** for some reason, it was like light and day.

The customer is always right man, even if they behave like an ***. See my previous post, whatchya gonna do?

tapout
08-25-2007, 05:57 PM
The customer is always right man, even if they behave like an ***. See my previous post, whatchya gonna do?

When Hulkamania runs wild on you?

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 05:58 PM
When Hulkamania runs wild on you?

Whach000 gonna do brother?!?!?!!??! :)

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:07 PM

Lol, I am sure if you were in my shoes and you sold someone something after giving them an unbeatable deal and they treated you like absolute ****, you probably wouldnt have given him the initial chance that I gave him. I bought an amp off ebay and it was stated as used and in perfect working order. I recieved it and noticed that there were 2 or 3 minor scuffs and paint wear off on the amp. I guess I could have filed a paypal dispute and left him poor feedback and damaged his reputation, but it was something so minor and had no affect on the amp that I didnt even think twice about filing a complaint reguarding the amp. I guarantee it that I could find something minor in almost everything that is traded or bought on here that isnt stated in the ad that has no affect on the product itself. Not everything is dispute worthy or should be handled like this case is being handled.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 06:11 PM
Lol, I am sure if you were in my shoes and you sold someone something after giving them an unbeatable deal and they treated you like absolute ****, you probably wouldnt have given him the initial chance that I gave him. I bought an amp off ebay and it was stated as used and in perfect working order. I recieved it and noticed that there were 2 or 3 minor scuffs and paint wear off on the amp. I guess I could have filed a paypal dispute and left him poor feedback and damaged his reputation, but it was something so minor and had no affect on the amp that I didnt even think twice about filing a complaint reguarding the amp. I guarantee it that I could find something minor in almost everything that is traded or bought on here that isnt stated in the ad that has no affect on the product itself. Not everything is dispute worthy or should be handled like this case is being handled.

No, for what its worth, I would not have given a crap about the bulges most likely. They don't look to be visible in the pic provided. Would you have been within rights of returning the amp? Sure, but you didn't, and I imagine, neither would I. However, Imalik felt it was worth it. Thats his call. Maybe he was an *** about shipping, that still does not mean you need to act the same way. He bought a product and is not satisfied. Are you going to resolve it to his satisfaction? Simple question, yes or no?

ctmike
08-25-2007, 06:11 PM

he's still an unhappy customer and as you are the box builder/seller you should take care of the situation. be a man and work it out and stop with the "he treated me like shi_t" whining attitude and make it right.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:13 PM
He was a complete *** and disrespected me in everyway he could multiple times before i stepped in and stepped back. If he would have acted like an adult and not been such a ****, I may have considered something that would satisfy us both, but the fact that he was nothing less than a ********, I will refund him nothing.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:14 PM
he's still an unhappy customer and as you are the box builder/seller you should take care of the situation. be a man and work it out and stop with the "he treated me like shi_t" whining attitude and make it right.

ctmike you have a HUGE bias already and your comments are already plagued as is, I would appreciate it if you stepped out of this.

Doingstuffwell
08-25-2007, 06:15 PM
so, wheeler, wanna build me a box?

ctmike
08-25-2007, 06:16 PM
He was a complete *** and disrespected me in everyway he could multiple times before i stepped in and stepped back. If he would have acted like an adult and not been such a ****, I may have considered something that would satisfy us both, but the fact that he was nothing less than a ********, I will refund him nothing.

that's a real dic_k move right there. and it seems like he's not the only one thats not acting like an adult in this whole thing.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:16 PM

If you are truly interested, you can pm me with more information, but I have 2 boxes I need to built first before.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:18 PM
that's a real dic_k move right there. and it seems like he's not the only one thats not acting like an adult in this whole thing.

you're right, you yourself are acting pretty childish. It's funny you still get involved in these things and you're 30 years old, but whatever turns you on.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 06:18 PM

So the answer is pretty plainly no then. Regardless of how he allegedly acted toward you, you refuse to rectify an inferior product.
It's only my opinion of course, but I'd have to side with Imalik. This, plus previous activity on the forums, pretty much ensure I at least cannot recommend others to get boxes built by you. Sorry. I'm only a small fry regardless, but there it is. Word of mouth kills man.

Now...where's my pre-ripped hulkamania shirt at.....

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:22 PM
So the answer is pretty plainly no then. Regardless of how he allegedly acted toward you, you refuse to rectify an inferior product.
It's only my opinion of course, but I'd have to side with Imalik. This, plus previous activity on the forums, pretty much ensure I at least cannot recommend others to get boxes built by you. Sorry. I'm only a small fry regardless, but there it is. Word of mouth kills man.

It is up to you, but like i said imlaik is the only one who can personally say that "I am not a good seller and my boxes ****." But I can show you 15 people who will say the complete opposite, so I am not sweating.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 06:23 PM

Here's some places I can recommend getting boxes from:

Fisher Customs (http://fishercustoms.com/)
Marvs Place (http://community-2.webtv.net/MarvsPlace/MarvsPlace/)

Heck, if your serious (and I'm thinking yer not... :D ) I can recommend other places in the Tampa area to go get a box built at!

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 06:24 PM
It is up to you, but like i said imlaik is the only one who can personally say that "I am not a good seller and my boxes ****." But I can show you 15 people who will say the complete opposite, so I am not sweating.

Oh sure, but still, this will look bad regardless. Some people will look at it and say hmmmm....maybe not. Thats all I'm sayin....

imalik
08-25-2007, 06:25 PM

TY Reson8 John please stop the name calling sorry if the truth gets you angry but there is no need for the names..Im not calling you names and you know I didnt act bad to you.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 06:25 PM
you're right, you yourself are acting pretty childish. It's funny you still get involved in these things and you're 30 years old, but whatever turns you on.

yeah, i'm acting childesh. you're the one crying "he was talking shi_t to me" after your customer states he has a problem with a box he bought from you. if you can't stand by your products then don't sell them. he said he had a problem with it, regardless of how small a problem it is, and you should have taken care of it. grow up and be a man. you make a mistake, fix it.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh sure, but still, this will look bad regardless. Some people will look at it and say hmmmm....maybe not. Thats all I'm sayin....

Some may say that, but after checking out my refrences, no only on ca, but on ebay, im sure that will sway the majority of people to think hey maybe this guy really isnt as bad as some say he is. They will buy and find out for themselves that he really isnt a bad guy. Go on ebay and find a company who has 98% feedback, I would never hesitate to buy from that person, just because one person said something wrong, there are 50 others who say the complete opposite, and I think people will look at me as a whole, and say well sure that box he sent to malik had 3 small bubbles (I wouldnt care about that) But he also built and sold 6 other boxes that people were thoroughly pleased with. Enuff said.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:30 PM
yeah, i'm acting childesh. you're the one crying "he was talking shi_t to me" after your customer states he has a problem with a box he bought from you. if you can't stand by your products then don't sell them. he said he had a problem with it, regardless of how small a problem it is, and you should have taken care of it. grow up and be a man. you make a mistake, fix it.

ctmike, grow up and move out of your parents basement, I have no respect for you, nor will I take any advice or considerations from you.

steinkea
08-25-2007, 06:32 PM
Wheeler I know I am biased here but I have always felt that when I sell something even if there is something small, that you may find not to be an issue, wrong with the product you are selling you should let the buyer know that so that when the product is received and the person sees that defect they dont end up unhappy as what happened in this situation. I think imalik has been very adult like here and confronted you with the issue and you are acting childish calling names and playing the I have built tons of boxes for other people and they were happy card. It doesnt matter if you have built 1000s of boxes if the customer feels that it was not satisfactory you should take care of them.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 06:36 PM
ctmike, grow up and move out of your parents basement, I have no respect for you, nor will I take any advice or considerations from you.

good comeback, got me there. and who's the one that lives with his parent dumbas_s? and who cares if you got respect for me? you soak mdf in the pool for christs' sake and then try and sell the box. but i do recall you taking advice from me when i told you not to buy that zx1000.1 for your pair of dual 4ohm vc r's didn't you:) oh wait, you're going to come back telling me that you told me the amp wasn't 1ohm stable aren't you? only a matter of time, seems you make up lies and post dumb comments when you get frustrated/mad (which shows how mature you really are).

but it still doesn't fix the fact you have an unhappy customer and you refuse to fix the situation.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:41 PM
good comeback, got me there. and who's the one that lives with his parent dumbas_s? and who cares if you got respect for me? you soak mdf in the pool for christs' sake and then try and sell the box. but i do recall you taking advice from me when i told you not to buy that zx1000.1 for your pair of dual 4ohm vc r's didn't you:) oh wait, you're going to come back telling me that you told me the amp wasn't 1ohm stable aren't you? only a matter of time, seems you make up lies and post dumb comments when you get frustrated/mad (which shows how mature you really are).

but it still doesn't fix the fact you have an unhappy customer and you refuse to fix the situation.

ctmike you told me a zx1000.1 was 1 ohm stable, kthx. Ctmike, I live with my parents because I am 17, you live with your parents because your 30 years old? You like to bring up past experiences and beat around the bush because you along with imalik have no valid argument here.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
Wheeler I know I am biased here but I have always felt that when I sell something even if there is something small, that you may find not to be an issue, wrong with the product you are selling you should let the buyer know that so that when the product is received and the person sees that defect they dont end up unhappy as what happened in this situation. I think imalik has been very adult like here and confronted you with the issue and you are acting childish calling names and playing the I have built tons of boxes for other people and they were happy card. It doesnt matter if you have built 1000s of boxes if the customer feels that it was not satisfactory you should take care of them.

Steinkea, I could put money on it that you have sold something on here or ecoustics before, I could put money on it that there was something so incredibly minor on there that you never stated, and I can also bet money that the person was probably not blowing it out of proportion like imalik has in this case. You have got to understand that this issue is NOT about a box, I strongly believe he changed his mind about the purchase, and after realizing it was shipped knew he had to think of something to try to frame me as a crook and get his money back. I will pull the I have built tons of boxes card everytime someone says no one will ever buy from me again because of this.

ctmike
08-25-2007, 06:45 PM
ctmike you told me a zx1000.1 was 1 ohm stable, kthx. Ctmike, I live with my parents because I am 17, you live with your parents because your 30 years old? You like to bring up past experiences and beat around the bush because you along with imalik have no valid argument here.

i'll paypal you $100 right now if you show me when i said the zx1000.1 was 1ohm stable. and no typed up lies that i "posted", the actual thread.

oh, do you want me to post the posts YOU made saying it's 1ohm stable? fuc_king retard.

just fix the situation between imalik.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 06:48 PM
i'll paypal you $100 right now if you show me when i said the zx1000.1 was 1ohm stable. and no typed up lies that i "posted", the actual thread.

oh, do you want me to post the posts YOU made saying it's 1ohm stable? fuc_king retard.

just fix the situation between imalik.

Lol it's funny to me how you call me childish and come back with a remark calling me a fuc_king retard, when you are almost twice my age. This thread was soley about the situation b/t me and imalik and the box he recieved, your the child that brought in the water + mdf and outside stories. that are 110% irrelevant. Shh your mouth, I dont value anything you say.

iagrdshaka
08-25-2007, 07:01 PM
where are the pics of the "damage"??????

:confused::confused::confused:

bjfish11
08-25-2007, 07:15 PM
LOL.... this was a decent read.

Wheeler, I find it funny, you keep saying, I have built 6 other boxes, and they were happy....

And you keep bragging up your ebay feedback.

Well if your box sells were equivalent to your ebay score, you would be at a 85% feedback rating (6 out of 7). Thats really nothing to brag about.

Now, onto the situation at hand. You need to take care of your customers better. Did you make a mistake when you built the box? Yes. You put the screw in at an angle, it got too close to the face of the panel, and caused the bubble he is talking about. We all make mistakes dude. Its life. I have had to fix boxes before, its part of the business. And if your not willing to help you your paying customers, you wont be very successful.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
LOL.... this was a decent read.

Wheeler, I find it funny, you keep saying, I have built 6 other boxes, and they were happy....

And you keep bragging up your ebay feedback.

Well if your box sells were equivalent to your ebay score, you would be at a 85% feedback rating (6 out of 7). Thats really nothing to brag about.

Now, onto the situation at hand. You need to take care of your customers better. Did you make a mistake when you built the box? Yes. You put the screw in at an angle, it got too close to the face of the panel, and caused the bubble he is talking about. We all make mistakes dude. Its life. I have had to fix boxes before, its part of the business. And if your not willing to help you your paying customers, you wont be very successful.

85% soley on boxes, not to account for everything else I've sold on here, It would be in the mid 90's.

bjfish11
08-25-2007, 07:26 PM
Im talking just boxes. You keep saying. I have built 6 other boxes, and they are all satisfied....

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 07:28 PM
where are the pics of the "damage"??????

:confused::confused::confused:

no man, you dont understand, "The box has carpet on it.. you cant tell where the problems are, if you feel it you can find the problems" :laugh:

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 07:29 PM
Im talking just boxes. You keep saying. I have built 6 other boxes, and they are all satisfied....

Im talking about what someone said about "people will see this and never buy anything from you again"

bjfish11
08-25-2007, 07:32 PM
Dude, because honestly, your customer service *****. Plain and simple. You can act like that to paying customers. No matter how much or how little they paid.

Screnzo
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
Im talking about what someone said about "people will see this and never buy anything from you again"

I don't think anyone actually said that specifically did they? Its a long thread, not goin back thru it all to verify! :laugh:

I said it will look bad, they may see this and other threads involving you and say hmmm...maybe not, but thats the extent I went to.

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 07:44 PM
k, well I gave him a chance, and he blew it for himself, treat others the way you want to be treated, he treated me like **** and he had it coming. This thread seems to be repeating itself a lot. Let it go nothing is going to happen until the paypal dispute ends. And when it does, I will let you all know.

imalik
08-25-2007, 09:26 PM
k, well I gave him a chance, and he blew it for himself, treat others the way you want to be treated, he treated me like **** and he had it coming. This thread seems to be repeating itself a lot. Let it go nothing is going to happen until the paypal dispute ends. And when it does, I will let you all know.
100% Not true, what did you do??? when I told you about the problems you said well tough shyt then eh? stop it dude, Im telling the truth and you know it, its cool though as long as people see you for what you are. I dont need to make things up, Sorry. Dont go on the pay pal dispute we all know they will side on your behalf. doesnt mean that you are correct

wheeler8921
08-25-2007, 11:14 PM
100% Not true, what did you do??? when I told you about the problems you said well tough shyt then eh? stop it dude, Im telling the truth and you know it, its cool though as long as people see you for what you are. I dont need to make things up, Sorry. Dont go on the pay pal dispute we all know they will side on your behalf. doesnt mean that you are correct

imalik, you try to tell me that you didnt go calling me a douche bag and a ******* over text messaging because I didnt send the box priority? I get on msn and the first thing you say is "Not even your carpet job can cover up those bubbles." I found it hilarious that you already had your mind made up before you got the box that you were gonna continue to treat me like **** and I had a feeling you were going to do this, I could have predicted this to a T. You need to man up and let em drop son, dont make up more lies, and try to cover them up by criticise me of lying. Paypal will hear out both sides, and make their decision based on that. I won a paypal dispute around the first of may and I was the buyer. So don't try to say that I have already won just because im the seller, I will win because you have no validations and are just a scam artist.

SlipTap
08-26-2007, 01:10 AM

Hop off imalik's nuts? It would take me 10 mins to write a bogus aim convo between you and me about blah blah blah... How can you make assumptions using "he say she say" evidence? I had that fact down in preschool.

I say imalik might have a case if their was visible damage, but I think he is being a littttttle to picky on this one.

Wheeler, if I were you, I would stop responding. You know what happened, you've told your story...I believe the fact that paypal won't give a **** about ilmalik will open his eyes.

SlipTap
08-26-2007, 01:44 AM
I don't think anyone actually said that specifically did they? Its a long thread, not goin back thru it all to verify! :laugh:

Page 2, Post #29, second to last on the page ;)

ctmike
08-26-2007, 01:49 AM
that's sad, what are you, one of wheelers friends that joined here to stick up for him? what he do, cry about it and told you to post here? why don't you try getting off wheelers dic_k? and if paypal does side with wheeler (which they will), doesn't prove anything. he sold a box, the buyer was unhappy, and he refuses to do anything about it.

imalik
08-26-2007, 03:58 AM
that's sad, what are you, one of wheelers friends that joined here to stick up for him? what he do, cry about it and told you to post here? why don't you try getting off wheelers dic_k? and if paypal does side with wheeler (which they will), doesn't prove anything. he sold a box, the buyer was unhappy, and he refuses to do anything about it.

LOL...How obvious is that...who is this drumma..we all know who that was too

wheeler8921
08-26-2007, 12:40 PM

Lol, be origonal man, if you try to insult someone at least try not to use their previous insults. You can do better. You always say im crying lmao, im crying because imalik says there is a bubble in the box I built him? ***** please... You're 30 years old and still on internet forums trying to stick up for a 17 year old prick.. Can you say looser?

wheeler8921
08-26-2007, 12:47 PM

I dont know SlipTap, and if i did would it be any different you're here gagging on malik's tubesteak and can't even talk normal. Getalyfe.

SlipTap
08-26-2007, 01:02 PM

First of all, I could care less what you have to say about me. The only thing you are doing is assuming...I don't know wheeler; I don't care to know wheeler. I'm just basing my decision on what has been said in THIS POST, not some ****ing AIM conversation that could very well have been bogus.

Just because his customer is unhappy doesn't mean that he has to do anything about it. This is not JC Penny, a Target store, or some huge corporation. It looks like wheeler spent a lot of time working on the box. Imalik is just nit-picking to find an excuse to get mad.

It has already been established that the box has no visible damage, it functions as it should, and that the bubbles shouldn't weaken the structure. When's the last time you've felt the top of some random stranger's sub box when he showed it to you?

IamDeMan
08-27-2007, 09:21 AM
ppl need to stop saying 110 is a steal for a box. A prefab costs less, but no one's in a hurry to buy one are they? And post pics so we can decide whether or not to flame the OP or the box builder
Thats because many research first and know prefab is bad. If he would have searched, he would know 110 for a custom box SHIPPED is too low and tere may be a reason for it ;)

All I am trying to say is, you get what you pay for.

IamDeMan
08-27-2007, 09:34 AM
After reading and looking at pictures and "soaking" in all comments (pun intended). I will stand by saying I saw a $110 box. Would I have paid $110 personally for it? No. I would have researched and seen that perhaps I should take my money elsewhere. It's obvious he had a few issues in the past that were readily searchable lol. I also would have known thyat for $110, I probably should just build it myself, since there is more than loiikely a reason for cheapness and that my quality of build will probably + it lol. This is a hard one because it is the integrity of a non-standardized piece of equipment and acceptable to one person isn't to the next. Using BNIB subs and refurbs/torn surround isn't a fair comparison because we all know exactly what to expect when BNIB is used on a sub or amp. the builder may have never personally seen a better example of craftsmanship and genuinely felt the enclosure could be called a quality piece. I also can't put my shoes in his place and state how I would feel, because I would have made much different decisions.

In closing I have seen douche like traits in both and won't pick a definitive side. Instead I will suggest a cage match event to the death between them to iron out the dispute. It has to be video taped to for our enjoyment! :)

IamDeMan
08-27-2007, 09:39 AM

Heck, if your serious (and I'm thinking yer not... :D ) I can recommend other places in the Tampa area to go get a box built at!
I had so forgotten about Marv.

vitveet
08-27-2007, 10:34 AM

Or [email protected] for NICE enclosures:yumyum:

Anyhow, I spent a solid hour reading this entire post. First, the buyer of the enclosure IS INDEED being a little bit too picky. Like it's been said before, the enclosure sounds good, carpeted nicely, arrived in good shape, can't see the damage and nor will the damage hurt the structure of the enclosure. BUT, that's still no reason for wheeler to say the things he's said to the buyer. "tough ****" won't cut it customer service wise.
We all know about wheeler and building boxes now. We saw the "mdf in the pool" threads/pics and we've seen him building enclosures without knowing how to tune them (that was crazy). I personally wouldn't buy an enclosure from him for $50 or $250. But that's just me. Wheeler probably doesn't have a problem with that b/c different stroke for different folks!
But we're talking about this situation and this box! It's fine. Is it perfect? NO. Will it get the job done cosmetically and in functionality? YES. Did he pay top dollar for a top notch product? NO.
In conclusion, lol, both parties are wrong but wheeler has to be more customer oriented....especially when doing custom work for people. Like someone said, whether they're spending $10 with you or $1000, you have to make them feel a little more confortable in you. Good luck to the both of you guys!

V.