PDA

View Full Version : Question for Pioneer 9800BT owners.

kidman
08-18-2007, 07:06 PM
Hey all....I just purchased a 9800BT and Still haven't installed it. My question is concerning cabling the mic. The mic cable originates from the rear side of the HU. My question is...how should I route this cable to the deck to use the mic? I know my question isn't explained well but that's my best :). I would appreciate it if someone shows me pic of his car to understand the answers clearly too. THANKS in advance guys.

htsource
08-18-2007, 07:12 PM
I just got the same deck as well. I thought the BT mic (that's what you're referring to, right?) was okay to clip on the visor but the audio was too soft. I had to put it by the steering wheel column sort of in front of the instrument display. Now it works better, I just not sure if I can adjust the microphone gain?

Depending on your car, you may be able to route the wire under the steering wheel column. Mine was pretty straight-forward.

Thanks.

Sugrat
08-21-2007, 02:14 AM
I installed mine down and under the back of the steering wheel - taped it above the gas pedals etc, then i pushed the cable under the seals on the door frame and up to the visor, at 32 vol on the unit it seems to work very well.