PDA

View Full Version : steps to take for an IB

budahbuddy803
08-18-2007, 01:11 AM
i have been thinking about trying to build an ib in my cutty sedan. i took the rear seats out and had 2 12" L5s facing the cabin. i need to remove some metal brackets, so could i possibly use a drimel tool to cut the brackets?
http://memimage.cardomain.net/member_images/8/web/2060000-2060999/2060595_55_full.jpg

what do you use to create the seal between baffle and trunk?

kombat96
08-18-2007, 01:14 AM
sawsall

bigbang
08-18-2007, 06:40 AM
great stuff expanding foam, silicone adhesive, dynamat, mechanical fasteners (check for pre-threaded holes or nuts tack welded around the area before drilling your own).

req
08-24-2007, 02:49 PM
well first make sure those cross members are not structural. you dont want to be removing something that lends integrity to your vehicle.

after you do that, make a board that is the right size to cover all that area. you can double baffle it, you can countersink whatever, just make a baffle with your hole(s).

then what i like to do, is use silicone because it is not permanent. liquid nails, expandable foam, and other solutions usually are permanent. another good idea, is to cover all areas to be sealed with masking tape. this assures a perfect fit baffle and in the future it can be removed with little effort rather than sealing the baffle straight to the metal of the vehicle.

then remove your rear deck lid and seal up any small holes with 1\4" pressboard and silicone.

its really pretty easy to get it done. just takes a bit of effort to make it look professional and a bit of planning to make sure it is easy to "finish" with vynl or carpet or anything of the likes.