PDA

View Full Version : Alpine 9887 HeLp !!!

brba1987
08-17-2007, 02:35 PM
I bought alpine 9887 today...its all great...but i have a problem...front system is working great...an reaar also...but my subwoofer sounds awfull....
i go to audio/rtn .... and there is no bass and treble....i think they should be there.... help me.... what should i do.... explain please.... im going crazy....
thanks!!!!!!!:suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :suicide: :crying:

jmanpc
08-17-2007, 04:52 PM
It's just a parametric EQ. Adjust one of the bands down low to 30-50hz, and adjust the boost/attenuation how you like it. Also, adjust the Q to your liking. In a nutshell, q is the width of the curve of the boost/attenuation... if that makes any sense. That should help

brba1987
08-18-2007, 03:35 AM
does somebody use 9887 here...
can you please tell me which options do you have when you press audio/rtn

brba1987
08-18-2007, 06:45 AM
i dont know....ill destroy it....
copy from manual...
when you press audio/rtn there is subw volume-bass-treble-balance.....

but on my Hu there is subw volume-balance....
no bass and treble....is something turned on , and it blocks that options...i dont know....

bjayjr5679
08-18-2007, 10:22 AM
[[/U]
i dont know....ill destroy it....
copy from manual...
when you press audio/rtn there is subw volume-bass-treble-balance.....

but on my Hu there is subw volume-balance....
no bass and treble....is something turned on , and it blocks that options...i dont know....

I have the CDA 9887 so here goes:yumyum: . Ok i had the same question for an alpine tech and since the unit has a crossover that is where your treble(highs) and Bass(mids and low) adjustments will need to be made. You can only adjust bass and treble alone when you are using the multieq tuning kit and it is turned on for which i dont think it has been released yet. So your going to have to do the following:

1. Check you gains on your sub amp (check gain setting tutorial or have someone you know and trust)
2. adjust your crossover to your tastes (use search function or ask someone you trust)

Other than that i dont know what to tell you i am by no means a audiophile so do some trouble shooting and see what sounds right. I just tuned my system by using the search on the forum to understand what to have my crossover set to so that i have good clean sound to my own ears and not brake anything. :eyebrow:

Also check and make sure the mediaxpander is off and make sure the sub level is not all the way up. :eyebrow:

brba1987
08-18-2007, 11:53 AM
thanks....
i would buy you a drink....but you are to far....lol

ngsm13
08-18-2007, 12:07 PM
[[/u]

I have the CDA 9887 so here goes:yumyum: . Ok i had the same question for an alpine tech and since the unit has a crossover that is where your treble(highs) and Bass(mids and low) adjustments will need to be made. You can only adjust bass and treble alone when you are using the multieq tuning kit and it is turned on for which i dont think it has been released yet. So your going to have to do the following:

1. Check you gains on your sub amp (check gain setting tutorial or have someone you know and trust)
2. adjust your crossover to your tastes (use search function or ask someone you trust)

Other than that i dont know what to tell you i am by no means a audiophile so do some trouble shooting and see what sounds right. I just tuned my system by using the search on the forum to understand what to have my crossover set to so that i have good clean sound to my own ears and not brake anything. :eyebrow:

Also check and make sure the mediaxpander is off and make sure the sub level is not all the way up. :eyebrow:

Man I'd like to check out your 9887.

nG

brba1987
08-18-2007, 09:00 PM
i dont know...i tried everything...and it still sounds like ****....
on amp is everything ok, on my p88 it worked great...so there shouldnt be a problem...
i think that somethings wrong with my hu....it should sound better even on the default settings...but this...omg...no sub...theres no kick...nothing...
ill try everything again but theres no use i think...
then ill go to the store...and i want them to try to do something with it...or i want a new one...i dont know.... ill report you ....

JLotjonen
08-21-2007, 04:52 AM
Hi,

First post to this forum. I switched from pioneer 8600 to alpine 9887 and the usage logic of alpine is strange..

First of all check your sublevel from audio button.. I read from somewhere that 0 actually means -15db on sub out level and all the way up 15 equals 0db.. So when setting gains on your sub-amp set the level to near 15 or 15.. At least for my european model this was the case..

Then you just drop it to suitable level if needed.. I have 13 at the moment..

Also the logic of setting time corrections is funny after pioneer...

What i must say is that this HU has awesome sound compared to my old pioneer and that makes all the difference.. Won't be going back to pioneer.. I'm more than happy..

-Jaki-

fastfreddy7
08-23-2007, 11:41 AM
Are you sure that you used the correct preouts for the sub channel? I ve got the 9887 and haven't had nay problems yet, and love it.

talibmohamid
08-29-2007, 05:06 PM
yeah.....i you sure.....haven't really been able too tune mine due too gettin a new sub....but i def....was able to turn it up and down......let me know if you get it fixed