PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD7000?

3Series Banger
08-16-2007, 11:22 PM
Hello, I am looking into a new deck to buy..and I've seen a lot of people raving about this deck.

I have a couple of questions for you guys. Right Now I have an old Alpine CDE-9846 model deck but I want to upgrade to an Eclipse CD7000

In the CD7000, does it actually SHOW the title of the mp3 song on the display?
Anybody have a video of the CD7000 in action?
I do not doubt the sound quality of the deck, but is it very user friendly? I have heard some complaints about the volume knob.

And lastly..on the alpine deck..I have a search button in which I can click the search button..and then scroll through the songs via volume knob..is there a way to sift through 100 or so songs on the CD7000?

I know you guy's love the deck..but I don't want to jump the gun yet without getting some opinions from my fellow peers.

phyphoestilic
08-17-2007, 12:08 AM
I've only used MP3 CDs on it once, but I never got used to it (since I have ipod hookup anyways) But I remeber it did show the title of the MP3, I don't know about the search feature. The only reason the volume knob sux isn't cause of the scrolling, its cause the buttons in the middle u use for next track, last track, select. Those buttons are really sensitive, sometimes ur trying to press select but it acidently be next track or last track. It gets annoying but I think if u get use to it u'll be fine.

Beat_Dominator
08-17-2007, 12:16 AM
You can use the volume knob to scroll through files/folders. You just hit the "mode" button next to it to change from using the up/down/left/right to rotating the knob, a VERY handy feature :)

I find the User Interface WAY easier than Alpine decks, the menus are laid out in a very linera fashion. The directional buttons are a tad jumpy like phyphoestilic said, but it doesn't bother me.

3Series Banger
08-17-2007, 12:55 AM
I'll get a few more opinions before I purchase..I need to wait for paypal to clear the money anyways...

but do you guys know if ebay users greatdeals4uonline, or your12vdeals are legit sellers?

headless
08-17-2007, 11:09 AM
The CD7K has a great interface for browsing mp3's with the volume nob, and yes, it shows the title of the song on the screen if you set it to (though i usually set my screen mode to the spectrum analyzer :)). The complaints you've heard were probably not about the volume nob but instead about the 4-direction button inside the volume nob, which takes a little getting used to to avoid accidentally 'rolling' your finger on it and causing it to detect you pushing more than one direction. You have to be specific about pushing on the edge of the ring and not letting your finger slip around the ring. Once you get used to it, it's not a big deal but when you first touch it you will probably accidentally click the center button when trying to only push one direction a couple times.