PDA

View Full Version : Audio Express Cedar Rapids Iowa

twentyinchburb
08-16-2007, 09:38 PM
Noticed there was a new audio shop by my house decided to stop in and check it out. They have by far the lowest prices in town 2.75/ft for 0ga wire vs 6.00 everywhere else. They have great employees and do everything from install head units to full custom installs and will even build costom speaker boxes at reasonable rates. They will get all my busniess from now on.

phyphoestilic
08-16-2007, 09:41 PM
just a little :fyi: every stereo shop should do some sort of custom install and build speaker boxes. $2.75/ft isn't that cheap specially since it's probably a debranded generic 0AWG

twentyinchburb
08-17-2007, 08:41 PM
The two other shops in the area both said they try to stay away from building custom boxes, and are way over priced on their installs. like the other post said everywhere else in the area that caries 0ga wire its $6.00 or more.

aqua acura
08-18-2007, 09:49 AM
Be careful with audio express...if it's the same franchise that is all over missouri, with the "1$ install", do NOT get anything installed tehre. They do a terrible job.

AllDayMJ
01-02-2008, 02:27 AM
my friend knows the owner, he lives a block away from him in Marion. Good guy, and idk how much they really know, i was offered a internship, but anyone interested could do it pretty much.

kpozr2
01-05-2008, 10:37 PM
Is that on 1st ave? they have a single cab F150 (white) sittin ourall the time? I think they have a bazooka banner hangin somewhere there. right?

hornedfrog1985
01-23-2009, 02:03 AM
I don't like this shop : / They installed an autopage alarm in my car, and it stopped working in like 2 months. I called them, and they said they were no longer an autopage dealer so they couldn't help me... How ****ed is that ****? Then I told them I had a pair of IDMAX 12s, and they acted like I was insane, and called it obscure audio equipment... They carry Arc audio. Wonder if anyone told them who designed those subs.

chadillac3
02-18-2009, 06:51 PM
My overall impression of the shop was not very favorable as well. Terrible showroom (if you want to call it that) and if you don't like Arc or Powerbass, don't bother showing up. Definitely seemed geared towards flashy show cars and SPL rather than anything sound quality oriented.

hornedfrog1985
02-18-2009, 06:54 PM
You been there?

MoncefA33
05-19-2009, 02:16 PM
AutoToyz in Iowa City is much much better.

jonathan demuth
05-19-2009, 02:27 PM
My overall impression of the shop was not very favorable as well. Terrible showroom (if you want to call it that) and if you don't like Arc or Powerbass, don't bother showing up. Definitely seemed geared towards flashy show cars and SPL rather than anything sound quality oriented.

arc is based towards spl? Oh, I think t3 is much better.

kappout
05-24-2009, 11:10 PM
cr cant support a custom shop.

their your only option but they dont act like it, quality work, quality employees, overall a great place to go with any custom work orders or questions you have. yeah the shoot some bs but lets be realistic... if you were in a business where your lucky to do a 1k week then youd probably do it to.

chadillac3
07-23-2009, 02:52 PM
arc is based towards spl? Oh, I think t3 is much better.

Wasn't talking about Arc, but rather what the shop seemed to promote as their main area of expertise. I have heard very good things about their install capabilities.

coldblood1617
08-13-2009, 09:03 PM
i will probably never go thair the guy working when i went was how u say a pompous jackass i was just gana get a dash kit he priced it at 120 witch i can live with but when i mentioned i was installing on my own he was like have fun ****ing your car and the fact is iv done the insulation more then once on the same make of car as mine the guy is a **** i wouldn't go their

hornedfrog1985
08-13-2009, 09:08 PM
They're both a couple of ******. I've heard auto toyz in coralville is 10x better. They have some super nice gear up there too.

Goindef154
08-13-2009, 09:09 PM
nvm

Goindef154
08-13-2009, 09:10 PM
i will probably never go thair the guy working when i went was how u say a pompous jackass i was just gana get a dash kit he priced it at 120 witch i can live with but when i mentioned i was installing on my own he was like have fun ****ing your car and the fact is iv done the insulation more then once on the same make of car as mine the guy is a **** i wouldn't go their

You're still in school right?

hornedfrog1985
08-13-2009, 09:12 PM
I dropped out of school and went to college : /

Know you're not talking to me though.

Goindef154
08-13-2009, 09:14 PM
I dropped out of school and went to college : /

Know you're not talking to me though.

That's good. I just hope the previous poster is still in school and really tries to learn, his first post would make a grammarian have an anurism.

hornedfrog1985
08-13-2009, 09:15 PM
Meh, I was in college before my friends even graduated.

KruzerWeight
11-04-2009, 10:33 AM
yeah....agreed with everyone, dont go here unless you know nothing about prices or anything audio related. He thinks that Arc Audio and dbDrive are the best equipment on the planet, most likely to make a lot of profit off people that don't know much than rediculous prices from Best Buy and because he is an "authorized dealer". Wanted to charge 80 bucks for a "custom made" 0 ga to two 4 ga distribution block that was the "first one ever built". Also, he did the most rediculous thing ever...called Arc Audio up about woofers etc and million buy about having their stuff but not being authorized dealers...who cares. Overall, DO NOT go here if you have any respect for car audio.

pieper88
11-07-2009, 11:49 PM
That guy is a dousche. I went in there to check it out and look around and when I told him I install my own stuff he treated me like I didn't know what I was talking about.