PDA

View Full Version : HU with iPod control and ASL??

TahoeTexan
08-16-2007, 07:45 PM
I am looking for a HU that has really good control for iPod and ASL (automatic sound levelizer - Pioneers term for adjusting sound level as speed/noise increases).

I currently have a Pioneer DEH-P8600MP that does have ASL and technically does control the iPod. But the ipod controls are really weak, and almost what I would consider unuseable. It seems like Pioneer did not include ASL on the newer models. I also have a 880PRS that I know is awesome for SQ, but it does not have ASL.

Are there other brands/models that offer what I am looking for?

Thx.

TahoeTexan
08-17-2007, 01:05 PM
How about which manufacturers offer "speed volume adjustment" like Pioneers ASL? iPod control is pretty common nowadays, but ASL is harder to find.

nbudros
08-17-2007, 05:22 PM
asl is dumb just dont be so lazy and turn it up

audioarsonal
08-19-2007, 09:36 AM
i belive JVC has that function but it is kinda stupid cause when you press the gas to pass or just speed up you get a big volume increase so the volume is always flucuating.

TahoeTexan
08-19-2007, 07:49 PM
asl is dumb just dont be so lazy and turn it up

Thanks! That was really helpful:rolleyes:

TahoeTexan
08-19-2007, 07:52 PM
i belive JVC has that function but it is kinda stupid cause when you press the gas to pass or just speed up you get a big volume increase so the volume is always flucuating.

I knew some old JVC units had it, but not interested in JVC anyway.

The ASL on my Pioneer 8600MP works very well. It has 5 setting levels and with it set on Medium it progresses perfectly. It nevers getts too loud. My main issue with the 8600 is the ipod controls - very little control at all.

I may just burn my mp3's to CD and use them instead of the ipod.

adam71
08-19-2007, 08:11 PM
I knew some old JVC units had it, but not interested in JVC anyway.

The ASL on my Pioneer 8600MP works very well. It has 5 setting levels and with it set on Medium it progresses perfectly. It nevers getts too loud. My main issue with the 8600 is the ipod controls - very little control at all.

I may just burn my mp3's to CD and use them instead of the ipod.

That is probably your best bet. It will give you the best SQ available in that awful format.

TahoeTexan
08-19-2007, 10:32 PM
That is probably your best bet. It will give you the best SQ available in that awful format.

BTW, I dig your Sig picture. I have ticket to see Velvet Revolver and AIC next month in Marysville, CA. I am psyched!