PDA

View Full Version : is bangin_explorer a scam? Im' haveing a hard time with him

kmanian
08-16-2007, 12:45 AM
I would appreciate it if anyone could vouch for him, I paid for a set of Rainbow 365's I sent him the cash via Western Union (I know I'm and idiot)the same night. It took him over two weeks to get them to me. My understanding is that the post office screwed up. Once they got here there were 2-6.5's, 2-4's an the 4 X-overs, no tweets. I contacted him that day and told him about the situation and he said that he would check in his garage for them and contact me back in an hour. I didn't here from him so I called him the following day, left a message, he called back didn't leave a message, I called again the following day left message to let me know what is going on, he called back and didn't leave a message again. I fianlly tonight called and left my final message asking him to let me know if he had the tweets or not and if no what he wanted to do about it.

I am scratching my head with this, the guy says he is golden and not to worry, but WTF is up.

Any one know this guy?
:mad:

vvblazers777
08-16-2007, 12:52 AM
I doubt someone would be considered a scammer over a set of tweeters. Hopefully he works it out with you, give him a few days and get back with us.

airmcnair06
08-16-2007, 01:28 AM
I agree. If he was a scammer, would he have called you back twice? I think not, he's probably just one of those people who doesn't leave messages. I was one just months ago. I leave messages all the time now. Just try and catch his call when he calls you, that's all you can really do for people like that.

Never dealt with him, but form the looks of it, you're not being scammed. When I was scammed in a similar way, he stopped all contact with me and there was nothing I could do.....

kmanian
08-16-2007, 09:51 AM
well, high hopes, at the very least I would say that he is not a great seller.

thanks for the input

kmanian
08-16-2007, 08:40 PM
Update, he did call me and said that he dosen't have them, he has offered to find some replacements so unless he falls, I am going to have to give him down the road for being slow with the communication and credit for dealing with the situation. I hope all ends well, not necessarily for the money rather I really want to believe he is a stand up guy, he sure sounds like it on the phone.

Qbenjamin
08-16-2007, 10:03 PM
Hmmm, shouldn't be selling a product and not know exactly where each and every component is at in the first place. If you are selling have it packed and ready to go, before you advertise, unless you are currently using it.

kmanian
08-16-2007, 10:34 PM
true,true, but when you are in my shoes, I guess yo are just thankful that there is hope to finally get everything you paid for

bangin_explorer
08-23-2007, 01:23 PM
kent, seriously u wanna sit there and try to tell ppl im a bad seller, i have nothin but GREAT feedback from all of my ref's, except you, and the more i think of it, i DID package everything in there myself...and i know i put them tweets in there cause there nowhere around my house, garage, ect... i think ur just trying to get a new set of tweets out of me. for 1. you got a bomb *** price for those raindows... 325 shipped, tell me that wasnt a great deal. for 2. like i said i packaged everything myself, and if the tweets werent in there they would be laying around my house somewhere , which ive tore everything up making sure it wasnt my mistake... as far as im concerned, You are trying to get me to basically buy u a new set of tweets, that way u'd have 4.... i was willing to work with you till me and my girl tore everything apart one more time to be certin and well there not here or anywhere around here, only other option they were in the box, and ur just trying to save the money in ur pocket by telling me hey werent in there, and asking me to buy u another set....HaHa, not gonna work bro. feedback is 100%.. so u wanna try to say im a bad seller, go to hell....

and yes , i would call you and not leave a message, like i told u over the phone when i finally got ahold of you, i made a deal with you not a voice mail.. im not the type to play phone tag, let alone voice mail tag... im 25, not 10. anyway, im not falling into ur trap, i know those tweets were in there, so if u want the second set of tweets then ur gonna have to buy them, im not buying you a second set with my own money... have a nice day & enjoy.

PatFitz9
08-23-2007, 01:33 PM
^^ thats pretty weak man. obviously you weren't too sure about it. it took you a week to respond to this thread, and "after thinking about it" you are 100% sure it was shipped?

tapout
08-23-2007, 01:41 PM
^^ thats pretty weak man. obviously you weren't too sure about it. it took you a week to respond to this thread, and "after thinking about it" you are 100% sure it was shipped?

agreed

BobbyDD
08-23-2007, 04:23 PM
agreed

Me too. If you were 100% sure you shipped them then you wouldn't have bothered looking for them.

bangin_explorer
08-23-2007, 05:20 PM
actually i aint been online that much, main reason is i aint got internet at my house, plus outside of "internet" ppl have lives... and on the subject of me not knowing if i put them in there, i was shipping out six products to diffrent ppl, and its always a possibility that something might of been forgotten, but i was sure i put them in there, but since he said they werent in there i figured i'd be nice and look for them, and then it started bothering me, and i didnt want sh*t like this happening so being nice i looked a few times... it dont really matter what any of you say, my feedback, and everything has been 100%, and just because i did look for them dosent mean anything... just like i said, everyone has forgetful moments, and i wanted to double and ended up triple checkin'.. sorry for making sure i didnt make a mistake... you ppl r funny..

Death By Bass
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
you're typing way too much to be innocent...

sorry, but I think you're a lying bastard.

kmanian
08-23-2007, 09:59 PM
Edward, boy you have changed your story, on our last conversation you said that you were calling Rainbow to see about getting another set of tweets, if you remember, you asked me for the number off the box. I have been nothing but patient with you, I sent you the money the same day, you took for freekin ever to ship it, then i get it and there are no tweets, I called you, and you admited that you may have packed them in another box by mistake, you also said that your girlfriend may have packed that box and forgot to put them in. after discussing it you agreed to get a compairable set of tweets to replace them, I told you that was fine, I wasn't stuck on name brand as long as the sound was comparable. As for me trying to stiff you for an extra set of tweets 1) what the hell am I going to do with 2 pair of CAL 26's in a dodge truck? 2) why would I have been trying to get some replacements on this fourm? 3) Why would I have just purchased som SEAS neo's to replace the ones I DID NOT get from you.

The way I see it is that you had no Idea how much the raw tweeters alone cost, and once you found out that it was well above $150 you came up with this half *** story about me being a theif.

You said some very strong things about me on a public fourm in such a way that you present them as fact. That is called slander. There is a possibility that you,or your girlfriend either forgot to pack them or because you can't find them, you shipped them to someone else. Either way I DON'T HAVE THEM!!!!!!

I want to things from you, an apologie for slandering my name with out substanciated proof, and although I would prefer face to face, I want you to call me tomorrow so we can settle this.

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:19 PM
I also want to point out that in the origional post, I was hoping that someone would vouch for you. during our conversations you said that you totally understood my being nervous, and you would be to. well this was how I was hoping to calm my nerves. Notice nobody spoke up.
now your response, has shown some more of your colors. Dude make this right.

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:22 PM
By the way, thanks for the comments guys. It's nice to see that the majority can read through the B.S.

JLJunkieMX107
08-23-2007, 10:31 PM
In may not be my place to say anything, but explorer's comment about having a life outside the internet is no excuse. If you make a deal online, you better see it out until everything is settled. If you cannot complete your transactions because you dont want to take the time to insure everything gets there and on time, then dont sell things online.

Flipx99
08-23-2007, 10:34 PM
I would want cash instead of the tweeters, but that's just me because I used them. They aren't junk by any means...but hell, I would rather have cash. At least then everyone can get on with their life.

Flipx99
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
Who in the hell would pay $150 for those tweeters. I don't think that is the price....It may be...I haven't bought anything that inexpensive in a while.

You can get a whole **** componet set for ~ $275....?

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:36 PM
no doubt, I just can't believe that this guy can justify the way that he just carried on.

Flipx99
08-23-2007, 10:37 PM
Good choice on the seas neos btw

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:45 PM
well I am getting a little smarter in my old age

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:48 PM
BTW if you see this name in the future, this is him Edward Szakacs, jsut incase he changes his user name

kmanian
08-23-2007, 10:51 PM
I have his EBAY user name also, I will post it in a bit.

JLJunkieMX107
08-23-2007, 10:56 PM
Kmanian, im not too far from you. im over in murfreesboro

tapout
08-23-2007, 11:08 PM
it dont really matter what any of you say, my feedback, and everything has been 100%

That means nothing if you cant back it up. I have great feedback and references.And theres a reason. I make sure my people are happy. I sold a $400 sub that had a bad recone. I didnt know it at the time because I didnt power it before selling it. I couldve said, "no way that sub was fine," but I didnt. I did the right thing and refunded the price of a recone. That is what makes for good references and feedback.

You may have sent them in the wrong box or you may not have sent them at all (accidentally). Either way, I dont believe the buyer recieved them and you should make this right.

kmanian
08-23-2007, 11:11 PM
thanks tapout

IamDeMan
08-24-2007, 07:24 AM
His flagrant attack in defense doesn't bode well with me. If he is innocent and does truly believe he shipped them, then there is a such thing as handling the situation tactfully. That post clearly wasn't tactful.

kmanian
08-24-2007, 08:45 PM
well I called him today and got intouch with min after 3 or 4 calls, basically I told him that I can get more tweets and that if the money ment that much to him he must need it more than me. So I am not going to press this situation with him any longer, if he wants to resolve it and meet me half way that would show a little character, but as it sits right now, my opinion of him is less than favorable. I hope I will be able to add to this thread and tell you that he has done the right thing. We will see

Qbenjamin
08-24-2007, 10:10 PM
This is exactly why I take pictures of everything that I am selling to an individual when I am packing it. I have even gone as far as to create a checklist of everything that should be with it. Bottom line, either of you could be right........... /story

bangin_explorer
08-25-2007, 07:20 PM
This is exactly why I take pictures of everything that I am selling to an individual when I am packing it. I have even gone as far as to create a checklist of everything that should be with it. Bottom line, either of you could be right........... /story

if ya would look back at the for sale thread you would see the pic w/the rainbows all in its place, every last peice along side of a piece of paper saying that date ect... and the thread was started that day, and they sat there till he bought them 2 days later... yes the shipping was slow, i put kingston, tn instead of kingston springs ,tn.. so the mail sent them back to me with unknown address, so i got ahold of him and told him they came back to me and i was gonna ship them out that monday, didnt get to do it till tuesday, and here we are now... thats why i was racking my brain cause all that time lapse between the time i packaged them till the time he got them. plus the fact i was shipping all that stuff out. i didnt know if the fell out or what the deal coulda been, b/c i never touched them from the time i took the pic till the time i packaged them... thats why i say i know they were in there cause till i put news paper in there and taped it up , no one touched them.. i do have a 3 yr old daughter and i didnt know if she might have put them somewhere, thats one of the reasons i tore the house apart... but you all beleive what you want, i know for a fact they were in there , and yes the way i worded things b4 might have been a lil harsh, but thats what happens when u finally get on the internet and see crap like that... so sorry bout , but as far as the tweets i know he received them....

Davie06tC
08-25-2007, 07:33 PM
lol..i doubt he did. Make it right instead of this, its worth it in the long run imo.

kmanian
08-29-2007, 12:51 AM
Well all I can say at this point is there is no way you as you say " but as far as the tweets i know he received them...." you could possibly know that I recieved them, and you yourself had doubt, so at this point, I am finished with you, I no longer want waste time or thought on this subject. just go crawl back into your hole and leave well enough alone. It is done