PDA

View Full Version : V8 Minitruck Decision help

LoudCrownVic
08-13-2007, 04:34 PM
A friend of mine is losing his job at a dealership due to environmental hazards from a coal storage facility. He's got to move his "junk" out by Sept 1st.

He has a 350 swapped late 80's early 90's S-10 pickup for sale. Its rough around the edges and in primer, been sitting but runs and drives, with a good brown/tan interior. Has a manual tranny and an older Corvette 350 with an edelbrock carb, and has a parts truck for swapping bodyparts/bed. I believe this parts truck runs as well.

So I get two trucks to make one out of. The swap looks a little sloppy, the wiring needs to be cleaned up, and hoses need to be run for the heater core.

It has Xtreme Rims with decent rubber and it looks like it is lowered.

Now I am a Ford man and really don't care for Chevy's. The price however is too good to pass up and it would help out my friend.

What do you guys think?

SethPhillips
08-13-2007, 04:40 PM
i have a 91 gmc sonoma... same body style as 83-93 sonoma/ s-10/ s-15
it has the stock 2.8lt v6 in it. reg cab 2 wheel drive, reg cab. has 75,000 og miles on it.. and runs like a champ.. i love the truck....

how mutch would you sale both trucks for... i'd buy em both...
what body style are they?

LoudCrownVic
08-13-2007, 04:51 PM
No idea what body style...It's teh boxxy one. square fenders. The parts truck is a convertible I guess... They cut the top off with a sawzall. :confused:

The V8 truck is also an extended cab.

SethPhillips
08-13-2007, 05:30 PM
so there both ext cab's? short bed or long??? 2 wheel drive or 4?

the boxy styles are the sec gen like mine...

wesl56
08-13-2007, 05:35 PM
id say if you want a project and a truck to work on, go for it, as from the way you described it it might not be suitable as a daily driver yet

LoudCrownVic
08-13-2007, 07:13 PM
I have a daily driver in my Ford Ranger, very relaible and well kept. If that breaks down (highly unlikely), my parents have a 1991 chevy 1500 and 1992 Dodge dakota that they will lend out.

I am just curious to see what are some common gripes about v8 swapped trucks and whether or not this seems like a good idea. It would be one hell of a project and I guess no matter how much suntan lotion I use i am still a redneck... So what the hell?

LoudCrownVic
08-14-2007, 12:47 AM
The whole thing is looking pretty good, he wants my motorcycle and some cash to boot. This deal will work out slick!

tommyk90
08-14-2007, 12:58 AM
350 swaps are VERY common in s-10's.

So much so that many big parts companies (jegs, summit, etc) actually carry the mounting brackets, headers, etc. to swap a smallblock into an S-10. If done properly, it will be as solid as a stock truck.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you paying for both trucks?

pickup1
08-14-2007, 12:59 AM
got any pics?

Blazin_Jason
08-14-2007, 02:04 AM
Putting small blocks in s series is for fegs. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160266 I think you know what I would say.

LoudCrownVic
08-14-2007, 10:20 AM
350 swaps are VERY common in s-10's.

So much so that many big parts companies (jegs, summit, etc) actually carry the mounting brackets, headers, etc. to swap a smallblock into an S-10. If done properly, it will be as solid as a stock truck.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you paying for both trucks?

Under 2k... :) With 30 pack-a-Budwieser tech support if you know what I mean.

There is alot of work to do mind you. Still has the stock S10 rear, the body is starting to rot, no system... No inner fenderwells.

got any pics?

Not yet. Tonight. :yumyum:

Putting small blocks in s series is for fegs. http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=160266 I think you know what I would say.

Oh yeah. For total fegs. :fro:

The engine has already been hoppd up quite a bit. Holley 650, mild cam and and other doodads. possibly HEI. Needs the starter put in and it will run.

If this project does not work out, and this is a total disaster but the engine and trans are still good I am still +1 because I need an engine and trans for a jeep cherokee project a to build with nodular Dana 44's (ALMOST a dana 60) and a boxed Intl Scout frame on 35s or 38s. it would be sad to break it up but it is a backup plan.

LoudCrownVic
08-15-2007, 11:37 AM
Sorry for the double post....

Well the deal I don't think is going to work out. I think the motorcycle I am trying to trade in the deal has serious problems, it won't run. It might be a pile of sht in the carb I am pulling that off but it will barely wind out and it sounds and feels like there is bent valve or something effed in there... Ive never gotten this bike to run right and want to get rid of it badly... Hopefully it the carb.