PDA

View Full Version : Pioneer HU Volume Problem

ffxdrummer
08-13-2007, 12:40 PM
Recently installed DEH-p4900ib.

1st problem: Start car in morning after a cool night (~70ish) and the volume keeps turning itself down to like 8. It's not set to a volume limiter or anything, it's just turning itself down. Everytime I turn it up, it turns itself back down, the numbers count down and it beeps to indicate a change and everything.

2nd problem: This time, instead of just turning down, it turns on the ATT function, which I think is a volume limiter. Instead of counting down the volume it just turns on ATT. The best part is I discovered I have some degree of control by waving my hand in front of the deck. Wave it once to turn ATT on, wave it again to turn it off. My car is a manual so you can imagine how much that gets irritating, everytime i shift I lose volume! It only seems to do this for like 20 minutes then maybe as the car heats up it fixes itself, ideas?

HELP!

adam71
08-13-2007, 02:31 PM
Recently installed DEH-p4900ib.

1st problem: Start car in morning after a cool night (~70ish) and the volume keeps turning itself down to like 8. It's not set to a volume limiter or anything, it's just turning itself down. Everytime I turn it up, it turns itself back down, the numbers count down and it beeps to indicate a change and everything.

2nd problem: This time, instead of just turning down, it turns on the ATT function, which I think is a volume limiter. Instead of counting down the volume it just turns on ATT. The best part is I discovered I have some degree of control by waving my hand in front of the deck. Wave it once to turn ATT on, wave it again to turn it off. My car is a manual so you can imagine how much that gets irritating, everytime i shift I lose volume! It only seems to do this for like 20 minutes then maybe as the car heats up it fixes itself, ideas?

HELP!

Return it. It's clearly defective.

djeazie
08-13-2007, 05:44 PM
Your not sitting on the remote are you? LOL

ffxdrummer
08-14-2007, 08:09 AM
Your not sitting on the remote are you? LOL

I wish it was that easy!

toyrunner
08-14-2007, 08:25 AM
I would go back to where I bought it or a Dealer & see if they can put some light one the problem. If its defective take it out & back to where you got it.

ffxdrummer
08-14-2007, 08:36 AM
I would go back to where I bought it or a Dealer & see if they can put some light one the problem. If its defective take it out & back to where you got it.

Yeah I was hoping to avoid returning it, I hate dealing with uninstall/reinstall blah blah blah. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem though, I've never had malfunction that someone else didn't recognize.

CRXBMPN
08-14-2007, 08:47 AM
i've had Pioneer's all my life and never had that problem.
seems defective.

adam71
08-14-2007, 04:13 PM
Yeah I was hoping to avoid returning it, I hate dealing with uninstall/reinstall blah blah blah. I'm surprised no one else has had this problem though, I've never had malfunction that someone else didn't recognize.

Unfortunately that is what you're facing at this point. ALL mfgs have defective units. I just didn't expect to see one that new be defective.

benjames
08-16-2007, 07:57 AM
Turn "ASL" off and see if it still does it... You may have a defective internal mic on the H.U.

Also, do you place your cell phone near it? Some of the Pioneer's internal circuits have inbuilt electromagnetic ineterference rejection, which wll limit the amount of noise (and sometimes volume) that can be played back. If a cell phone is placed near it, you'll either get a pulsing buzz every now and then, or the volume will suffer every now and then (as it is trying to cope with the intense radio waves from the cell phone)

ffxdrummer
08-16-2007, 07:59 AM
Turn "ASL" off and see if it still does it... You may have a defective internal mic on the H.U.

Also, do you place your cell phone near it? Some of the Pioneer's internal circuits have inbuilt electromagnetic ineterference rejection, which wll limit the amount of noise (and sometimes volume) that can be played back. If a cell phone is placed near it, you'll either get a pulsing buzz every now and then, or the volume will suffer every now and then (as it is trying to cope with the intense radio waves from the cell phone)

I'll give all of that a shot, thanks for your help! The weather looks to hit ~60 or so this weekend so that should be a decent test of my "cool weather" theory.