PDA

View Full Version : Eclipse CD8053 CD Player not Working...

SofireGuy
08-11-2007, 08:37 PM
Ok.. I live in NC with no A/C.. This Head unit (Eclipse CD8053) is as i have heard a great head unit... I have just recently had problems with the CD player part of thie Unit... the radio and AUX work... but when I put a CD in there, it just sits there for a couple minutes and kicks it back out...

Anyone know what I can do??? It did it b4 but then it started working again... and ever since I put my SOAD cd in there on track 15 it stopped working.... this is the CD I had in it the first time I did it.... and on the same track...

95ZJ
08-12-2007, 12:50 AM
It must be an overload of crappy music, and it just kills it?

SofireGuy
08-12-2007, 02:30 PM
Anyone know where I can send it to get fixed? For a decent price of course...

adam71
08-13-2007, 04:13 PM
Anyone know where I can send it to get fixed? For a decent price of course...

Price isn't something you're going to have the luxury of debating. That is an older headunit and NOT something you can replace easily. In my opinion that is the BEST deck Eclipse has ever made for sale in the states. I would get that fixed regardless of the cost unless you're ready to downgrade to a new Eclipse.

SofireGuy
08-14-2007, 02:11 PM
Well... what I meant about decent price was less than $400.. lol I know this HU is legendary :D thats why i bought it... Just IDK where i can take it ... will Eclipse tell me what I have to do and how much before i send it or are they going to have me send it first and then tell me when it gets there???

loudmofo
08-14-2007, 02:14 PM
try a cleaning cd in there

troy_audi0
08-14-2007, 02:38 PM
I'd contact Eclipse..
http://www.eclipse-web.com/

SofireGuy
03-03-2008, 12:39 PM
Back to the top.. Anyways I talked to Eclipse and they said all I have to do is send it in and they will quote me how much it will be to fix it. They said if its it minor it will be a minimum charge of $85 which is what happens more than never. So here is my dilemma.
I bought this HU from a dealer off the net which had a store in like WI or something. He didn't have anymore of them because they discontinued it and so he offered to sell me his DISPLAY model. I agreed because it was an extremely reasonable price. I mean I don't even have to buy the 16v adapter for it because this thing has 6 sets of RCA and it's a + and - for each front, rear and sub set with 8v each which I can set in parallel to make 16v.

Do you think Eclipse will fix it for me without a big commotion because it used to be a dealer's HU?