PDA

View Full Version : Wiring question...quick answer needed.

dirtbagz89
08-09-2007, 08:49 PM
Hi. I'm wiring my cd player to the wiring harness....I have an extra orange wire on teh wiring harness and an extra black one.

There is no orange one on the cd player wires but there is a black one.

The black one on the cd player is fatter than the black one on the harness and the one on the cd player has a terminal on it...what do I do?

mavster
08-09-2007, 09:53 PM
black one with the terminal is a ground...just mount it to any screw inside the dash you can reach...

I remember seeing the orange, the name slips me right now...but I remember I didn't use it when I wired a pioneer HU...

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 03:12 AM
Like he said, the black is your ground.

SRim23
08-10-2007, 03:18 AM
the orange one is like your dimmer or something along those lines. ive been told not to hook that one up that with some cars it constantly blows fuses and could cause damage.

and honestly the ground you could just wire it up directly to your black ground on your harness. ive always just hooked my hu up to the ground on the harness and have never had a problem. some people hook it to the chassis and some to the harness. no one has really every given me an answer as to why you shouldnt hook it just straight to the harness. seems like a personal preference thing.

mavster
08-10-2007, 10:41 AM
well you can hook it up to either the factory ground or the harness ground....

doesn't make much difference to me, but i've been told that its just a better ground...

thats all..

frzninvt
08-10-2007, 11:18 AM
Yes the Orange lead is typically the Dimmer lead to dim the head unit's lighting when the marker/headlamps are turned on if the deck has that feature.