PDA

View Full Version : what did i do wrong?

budahbuddy803
08-08-2007, 08:55 PM
a friend just bought 4 pioneer rev series 6.5" and a pioneer hu im not sure what brand it was like $150 off of sonic electronix. well my cousin hooked up the wiring harness and i glanced at it and all the colors/ writing matched up. we went and hooked it up and everything and the cd player functioned perfectly, but there was no music coming from the speakers. so we took it all out and there were crossovers on the other hu that was i there so we hooked those up and the hu wouldnt even turn on. what do you think could have gone wrong the first time to not have any noise come out of the speakers? there was no noise what so ever on aux, cd, or tuner.
it was as if the speakers werent even hooked up.

he left this morning to go to spring soccer practice and is comming back within 2-3 days and i want to be able to have his cd player + speakers all working because before he couldnt even listen to music his HU/ speakers were so bad .

any suggestions?

budahbuddy803
08-08-2007, 09:04 PM
this is the cd player (http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_8520_Pioneer+Premier+DEH-P490iB.html)

btnhfan
08-08-2007, 11:08 PM
What color wires go to the speakers? Which ones did you use?

azbass
08-08-2007, 11:10 PM
ugh, what car? probably a factory amp. or you screwed up somehow.

phyphoestilic
08-08-2007, 11:12 PM
U don't always just match the colors together. Some car manufactures might choose to use different color wires for different things. Also the way u said things is really confusing.

budahbuddy803
08-10-2007, 12:28 AM
im sorry guys he hooked up the wires by what they said not by color it just so happened they were color coordinated. he had an after market deck it there but it was horrible so i figured switching those out wouldnt be a problem but i was wrong. it was like a 97' pathfinder i think

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 03:09 AM
I had the same problem with my old suv, it was a factory amp, which I had to use a speciefic wire for. This was a long long time ago, so I'm not to familiar with what to do. But check your manual about a factory amp for the stereo.

budahbuddy803
08-11-2007, 11:10 PM
the thing is there was an after market HU in there before it was just ******. i hooked up all 4 speakers to the old after market HU and they worked but werent as good as they should have been so we hooked up the new HU and there was no noise it powered up but no noise not even interference or anything like that, just as if there were no speakers hooked up. i ran through the options and still nothing happened. so we tried the factory crossovers and that made it so it wouldnt even power up. he is comming back really soon and i would like to be able to fix the problem

nismos14
08-12-2007, 03:08 PM
Run new wires from the HU to the speakers, done.