PDA

View Full Version : NEED COMMUNITY INPUT - OERadio.com line of factory replacement headunits

priorityaudio
08-08-2007, 11:58 AM
My company is currently developing the industry’s first line of factory replacement headunits. No dash kit or wiring harness is required on various model vehicles. They are entirely “Bolt-n-Replace” with factory look, often factory functionality as well like steering wheel controls and in-demand features like Bluetooth, Navigation, iPod, XM, Sirius Satellite and DVD. We need CarAudio.com members to help us strategize which features and model vehicles would be best.

We’re launching soon with models for Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep, Ford, Lincoln, Mercury, Buick, Chevy, Hummer, Pontiac, Saturn, Suzuki, Toyota, Scion and Volkswagen with more to follow and want to ensure that we have the most in-demand features and functions. . .

I need to know what other features would be good as standard or add-on. I would really like some feedback on what anyone thinks. We also have some multi-media pieces we are developing that have similar features. Some are double-din; some are single-din with motorized 7” screens. Thoughts?

WillyG4444
08-08-2007, 12:54 PM
just a few features I wish some units had - bluetooth, ability to play MP3 CDs and MP3 DVDs, front usb for hard drive or front AUX input for ipod. I dunno what kind of suggestions you are looking for and how much you are tryingto improve factory units. It sounds like a unique idea, care to elaborate more?

priorityaudio
08-08-2007, 05:20 PM
Just looking for any other ideas that the system might need. Other options that consumers might want which we don't currently have. Take a look at our site and see if what options we have listed is missing. Any and all feedback is helpful, even if you think it has everything.

Flipx99
08-09-2007, 11:02 AM
They look pretty cool. Any idea on pricing?

2002XLT
08-09-2007, 11:04 AM
RCAs!!! lol

Flipx99
08-09-2007, 11:11 AM
I think they do have RCA out

I dunno if it will fit in my S-10, but I could probably make it fit with an 03 dash.

Tonyguy
08-09-2007, 10:02 PM
How much for the GM-5200?

xbdrx
08-10-2007, 12:15 AM
I think this is a very good idea.... From the looks of the web site it seems like alot stuff is taken care of. I want to see if this idea catches on...

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 03:11 AM
I agree. Something that will play mp3 songs/ music video's would be a big plus.

priorityaudio
08-21-2007, 05:47 PM
Sorry I haven't responded sooner - been on vacation.
The MSRP will be around $1000 for all the OEM pieces. The black box nav piece will be around $600. Dealer prices can only be discussed with a contract.

SethPhillips
08-21-2007, 05:54 PM
as an installer. i think it would be nice if you could do all in one unit's, blutooth built in, nav built in, dvd, cd, mp3. front aux port, even possibly in dash cd changer?

of course xm and sirius satt would be external units.
offer back up camerea's. i see you will offer factory stearing wheel controls.. that's smart!!!

good luck. and send me some info. i have some friends of mine that own/operate there own car audio sale's and install shops. as well as me.

priorityaudio
08-22-2007, 11:30 AM
If you or your friends want to sign up or get info, you can fill out a form on the OE site. We can send info from there. Any other questions, please ask. Appreciate the feedback though.

oneiztoomany
08-28-2007, 06:52 PM
why no love for acura?

priorityaudio
08-29-2007, 10:18 AM
At this time we have no plans for Acuras. The majority of Acura's factory radios have several features already and there are too many platforms to accomodate. Updates and new information will be on our website so you can check there to see if anything has changed. If you have other questions, please ask.