PDA

View Full Version : moving tons of air

Alexwaves
08-06-2007, 11:09 PM
hey all i want to build a nother box but i want to move a ton of air and make some flexing videos. and maybe the hair trick..
i know that to do this i will have to tune low. i am going with 32hz. but my quesiton is with my slot port should i make it narrow or wide??
the box that i am gonna build will be 14"tall so the max that i can go for hight of the port is 12.5 but should i make it 2.5" wide and not that long or 10" and very long.??????????????

KnOkIn It 420
08-06-2007, 11:11 PM
:wallbash:

azbass
08-06-2007, 11:14 PM
dude give back your mecp certs and take down your sig. please.

Worlddre
08-06-2007, 11:17 PM
in his defense there (at least when i took the test) there were no enclosure design questions on the mecp tests

kinda dumb nonetheless though :hitbrick:

NeverEnuffBass
08-07-2007, 01:57 PM
in his defense there (at least when i took the test) there were no enclosure design questions on the mecp tests

kinda dumb nonetheless though :hitbrick:

MECP believes enclosure design is for intermediate installers

80INCHES
08-07-2007, 02:18 PM
MECP believes enclosure design is for intermediate installers

i agree..and he's mecp certified:thumbsup:
congrats bj

AK SloPok
08-07-2007, 03:27 PM
Tune higher and go narrow. The port is nothing more than a way to "slow" the reaction of the air so it is consistant and performing the same function of the cone of the speaker. Thus, a large mouth port would need to be longer. I don't see why this would be desirable unless you wanted more port area overall.

NeverEnuffBass
08-07-2007, 05:13 PM
Alexwaves, what score did you get on your MECP if you don't mind me asking?

twisztdauthorit
08-07-2007, 05:16 PM
this is what you need....

big box
big port
lots of surface area/excursion

/end

Alexwaves
08-07-2007, 09:10 PM
box building was not some thing that mobile dynamics covered. the only thing that we did was a small box that held a 6.5 mid that was ported and tuned to 257hz the box was to show us to use wood glue and drywall screws and how to carpet a box. and how to take a router to round over the port. (pvc pipe)

on bronze it was 92.7 and silver was 87.6

i am sorry that i dont know as much as the avg person on this site. but i feel that this site is here for everyone not just the noobs or the 15 year pro installer. that is why i asked questions. so one day i will know as much as the next guy and help out the new ppl getting in to car audio.

azbass
08-07-2007, 09:14 PM
I build boxes at Mobile Dynamics. also used and learned about box programs. I dont know about you but that helped me with building good enclosures that would do that I wanted, and not have to ask a forum how to make my car flex :rolleyes:

NeverEnuffBass
08-07-2007, 09:17 PM
They covered sealed boxes at RITOP but not Ported or Bandpass

Worlddre
08-07-2007, 11:05 PM
mobile dynamics covered most the design process of the majority of enclosure types while i was there....we only that same enclosure as well yet i still managed to grasp box design as well

no excuses

jellyfish420
08-08-2007, 12:49 AM
actually you want your port to be as close to a 'circle' as possible...laminate air flow, i believe is what its called. really makes a differance...

jellyfish420
08-08-2007, 12:49 AM
opps, double post.

Qbenjamin
08-08-2007, 12:59 AM
How about just answering the OP's question? Jeez, is that too much to ask?

Wow, a few of you know the answer but don't want to tell him because of his sig? WTF are you here for then? To laugh at other people asking questions to get a better understanding of what to do?

Qbenjamin
08-08-2007, 01:04 AM
Wow, if when I go out on inspections and the common person asked me about their carbon monoxide detector's ability to warn them of the fatal fumes, and I were to laugh in their face because it comes with a manual, what good would I be? There are soo many of you on here while very intelligent in your respective field, really feel the need to be JERKS when asked a question. If you can't answer the question, why make a smart *** remark? I forgot, that must just be for a post count. :mad:

hoxie08
08-08-2007, 02:47 AM
Wow, if when I go out on inspections and the common person asked me about their carbon monoxide detector's ability to warn them of the fatal fumes, and I were to laugh in their face because it comes with a manual, what good would I be? There are soo many of you on here while very intelligent in your respective field, really feel the need to be JERKS when asked a question. If you can't answer the question, why make a smart *** remark? I forgot, that must just be for a post count. :mad:

This very same thing makes me so mad! :pissed:

Worlddre
08-08-2007, 02:49 AM
both of you can get over it....it happens tis the internet deal with it...the question got answered we were simply commenting on something else