PDA

View Full Version : Reson8 ~ You...you...you... OMFG!!!!

Prowler573
08-06-2007, 09:08 PM
Reson8 -

You're like the most awesome-type guy in existence in my book right now!

UPS, Ye Ole Brown Santa, was kind enough to make an appearance at my house today.

http://i17.tinypic.com/4zntxqw.jpg

Like UPS so often does, they left me a package.
What's in the package? Let's have a look...

http://i16.tinypic.com/4tu6r2h.jpg

Well, whatever it is it would appear somebody certainly packaged it well.

http://i15.tinypic.com/6fzbtdd.jpg

Oh! It looks like a headunit. Ooo! There's also a remote in there as well! Lucky, really, since I'm a lazyarse...

http://i16.tinypic.com/5y85o4k.jpg

So what do we have here? An Alpine CDA-7930 along with an Alpine RUE-4160 wireless remote controller.
Today was another good day to get the mail, apparently.

And after quickly hooking it up we find out that it works perfectly.

http://i18.tinypic.com/5236mo0.jpg

It took me a few minutes to work out how to set the clock (why can't all manufacturers come to an agreement on the method of setting the clock so it will be the same no matter what your brand preference?!?). Additionally it took a call to Alpine's tech support to figure out how to enable the subwoofer preouts but now that tiny issue has been worked out I'm pretty stoked.

Reson8 was kind enough to donate, completely free of charge, this wonderful older Alpine and its remote towards my install-on-a-dime for The BudgetMobile.
When the offer was originally made I told him I would be more than happy to cover the shipping expenses since he was being kind enough to donate an unused headunit and what you see pictured above is said headunit which was inarguably packaged extremely well prior to being sent out to me.

Again ~ Reson8 is an A+, Grade-A guy in my book. The above is why you have been immortalized in my current posting signature. :thumbsup:
Thank you so very much, my friend. You freggin ROCK!!!! :peace:

Screnzo
08-06-2007, 09:13 PM
No problem at all! I hope it serves you as well as it served me! BTW, gotta thank clarion for the packaging, I just reused what they sent me...it woulda been packaged well regardless, thats just how I roll, but the solution was readily at hand! :D

Gratz on the subwoofer out, that was some bizzare ****!

9512ds
08-06-2007, 09:17 PM
Prowler would have casettes laying around

CaliforniabOY5
08-06-2007, 09:20 PM
What are those square things under the head unit???? Thats a beautiful HU IMO... :) congrats!

Prowler573
08-06-2007, 09:23 PM
Prowler would have casettes laying around
The headunit most commonly used as a source on my test bench is a Kenwood KRC-608 cassette receiver.
Yes, it's more than 10 years old.
Yes, it's a tape player.
Yes, it still works flawlessly and has two sets of preouts so it works really well as a testing source unit. Considering I bought it brand new back in '96 as I recall I think I can safely say I've gotten my money's worth of use from it. ;)

But aside from that?
I still have several hundred cassette tapes hanging around. Just because I quit buying them when CDs became the media of choice for most folks doesn't mean I just threw out the tapes I already had...

And my home stereo has two single-well cassette players so they occasionally still see some use from time to time. ;)

9512ds
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
hahahaha. Im just giving you **** mang

CaliforniabOY5
08-06-2007, 09:31 PM
The headunit most commonly used as a source on my test bench is a Kenwood KRC-608 cassette receiver.
Yes, it's more than 10 years old.
Yes, it's a tape player.
Yes, it still works flawlessly and has two sets of preouts so it works really well as a testing source unit. Considering I bought it brand new back in '96 as I recall I think I can safely say I've gotten my money's worth of use from it. ;)

But aside from that?
I still have several hundred cassette tapes hanging around. Just because I quit buying them when CDs became the media of choice for most folks doesn't mean I just threw out the tapes I already had...

And my home stereo has two single-well cassette players so they occasionally still see some use from time to time. ;)

i've noticed your a kenwood *****. . . :woot:

Prowler573
08-06-2007, 09:35 PM
i've noticed your a kenwood *****. . . :woot:
The first aftermarket deck I ever bought myself was a Coustic RX504. It died. (my fault)
The deck that replaced the Coustic was a Blaupunkt SQR49 Boston. Three of those in a row died (Blaupunkt's fault)
After the fiasco with Blaupunkt which resulted in my deciding never to own another Blau product ever again in my life I bought my first Kenwood HU. That first unit (circa 1991) is still to this day working well in the Monte Carlo SS belonging to the fella I sold that deck to.
It's never eaten a tape, never had a mechanical hiccup of any kind, and is now 16 years old. That's a pretty good run for any HU and is the reason I became unwaveringly loyal to Kenwood HUs.
I haven't had one let me down yet so I'll keep buying them until one does, I reckon. :)

Screnzo
08-06-2007, 09:52 PM
Don't knock the cassettes, if I could rock an oldschool alpine 7390 I would! :D

tapout
08-06-2007, 09:54 PM
congrats on the freebie.