PDA

View Full Version : 780mp question

bdavies11
08-06-2007, 08:56 PM
I finally got rid of the noise with my 780mp and im very pleased with it so far. :D
Anyway the only thing i can't seem to figure out is how to set my friggin radio stations. I bought it used and it didn't come with a manual so i'm having a hard time figuring out how to program my radio stations. I got as far as hitting the list button that displays a list of already programed stations but i dont know how to change them. :confused:

dimond
08-06-2007, 09:27 PM
if u have the remote you can store up to 5-6 channles..i dont remember if u can store channels by using the rotary control. With the remote you can. hey how did u get rid of your whine/noise. I just used a noise filter?

bdavies11
08-06-2007, 10:22 PM
Actually, my noise was very significant and a noise filter did absolutely nothing. I had to do a # of things to get rid of it.

First i had to find a good ground (metal frame of vehicle) because the stock ground did nothing. That reduced it some but not nearly enough. Next i grounded the RCA's to the frame as well, and that did away with 95% of it but there was still 5% that was bugging the you know what outa me. So i decided to move my RCA cables to the other side of my car, away from the power cables, and that got rid of 99.9% of it. There is still that .1% that is still there but its so minute that you have to turn the volume all the way down and strain your ears to listen for it. I dont know what else to do about that but i'm not too worried about it right now. Im just glad i got it working.

Anyways does anyone else know if i can set my stations using the rotary knob or do i have to have the remote?

dimond
08-07-2007, 12:32 AM
yea good thing u moved the rca's away from the power/ground...who did your install in the first place.. never hurd anybody putting them together..well good luck with the radio preset.

bspTC
08-07-2007, 01:07 AM
to store radio stations;
with the rotary control hit side to side to a station,
push the list button,
move rotary control up or down to decide what preset,
then push in the rotary control for about 2 seconds.
you'll know if you did it right when you hear a beep.

SilverSquared
08-07-2007, 01:09 AM
I put mine together, no noise.