PDA

View Full Version : Here's some hatorade........

zthumper
08-05-2007, 07:36 PM
Yeah there are other posts on it i know I searched ;).....but anyway why is there some much hating for srt-4's? I'm thinking about getting one and I wanna know why people hate them so much? Yeah so you hate the drivers.....I'm a respectable driver...i mean i'm 18 and never been in an accident or got "caught speeding" so you gonna hate me for owning one? Sure I would love to go out and buy a WRX STi but I don't have that kinda cash.....(i'm 18). Give me a reason not to buy one......(yah i already know it's kinda a neon so what) Let the hating begin....:viking2:

dvrmstrng
08-05-2007, 07:38 PM
for me its cause i think neons are ugly...i know 3 people that have a neon or the SRT version. The only lady that works at the bagel shop down the street, my friends mom, and then my roomate in college had a 'suped up' neon....

i dont like the body styling and for me it "why get a fast car if its still ugly"

azbass
08-05-2007, 07:41 PM
I like having power rear windows.

but the flip flop trunk lid is sooo LEET!!!1

regal8r
08-05-2007, 07:49 PM
bc they are dodges :fyi:

95BlackGA
08-05-2007, 07:52 PM
'Cause a lot of people that actually own them, don't think they're neons. Neons are about as bad as the new VW Bug, in ranks of looks...

JLa Obsessed
08-05-2007, 07:58 PM
yeah it really is a simple answer, you can pick up a used STi/Evo or new WRX for about the same price of a SRT-4.

The SRT-4 is also a dodge, and dodges are well...americas biggest piece of crap company, I respect the Hemi in their Rams but when you put Hemi's in a giant piece of plastic **** thats going to fall apart in 3 years doesnt get you respect. And thats pretty much what the SRT-4 does. It takes a ****** neon engine, adds a ****** turbo and intercooler that will reduce the cars life by about 3 years, and then on top of it all, the neon's boost lag is worse then the WRX or the Evo.

My favorite part is Subaru actually has a team of engineers that design the STi, from brakes, shocks, exhaust, the whole kit and kaboodle. The neon on the other hand is pretty much just a stock neon with a loud exhaust that makes me wanna throw up everytime I hear it. I dont care who you are, anyone that buys an SRT-4 automatically drops in my book, an most of the kids I've met that drive them are douche bags.

Sorry for my rant, It just hard to express how much I really really hate that car.

azbass
08-05-2007, 08:00 PM
but the flip flop trunk lid mod is soo sweeet.

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:01 PM
:imo: this is pretty ******

http://www.ratemysrt4.com/member/Kerwins4/images/SRT4.jpg

but hey......not everyone thinks the same

azbass
08-05-2007, 08:02 PM
thats pretty gay . stick on headlight covers, come on.

dvrmstrng
08-05-2007, 08:03 PM
nice light racing wheels...they must make him go faster...as well as the body kit and wing that keep the car stuck to the pavement at such high rates of speed

CRAZYCORNUTS18
08-05-2007, 08:04 PM
dodge is trying to get in the 'race' scene....and american cars **** *** anyway to get a decent car is expensive, take the cobolt for example the only decent one is the ss and it starts of at like 25k right?? all the other models below **** *** crappy interior no alloy rims etc..

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
yeah it really is a simple answer, you can pick up a used STi/Evo or new WRX for about the same price of a SRT-4.

Used srt-4 = 13,000.......used sti/evo = 20,000.......I would love to find a sti for under 15,000 but i cant seem to find any around here.....so thats why im looking at srt's

CRAZYCORNUTS18
08-05-2007, 08:05 PM
and i also hate when the buy neons and paint them yellow with the black racing stripes i see so many of those and they look like ****

lookitsjim23
08-05-2007, 08:07 PM
lol @ the kid who said you can pick up used STI's and EVO's for the same price of an SRT4..

hell i want to see on eas the same price of a SRT4 brand new when they came out

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:08 PM
and i also hate when the buy neons and paint them yellow with the black racing stripes i see so many of those and they look like ****

I'm sticking with red or black.....no fancy **** for me.

dvrmstrng
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
you dont think you can pick up a used STI for the price of a new SRT4?

JLa Obsessed
08-05-2007, 08:11 PM
Used srt-4 = 13,000.......used sti/evo = 20,000.......I would love to find a sti for under 15,000 but i cant seem to find any around here.....so thats why im looking at srt's

okay well im gonna let you in on a little secret, a used WRX is about 13k-15k, and the WRX could annilihate the SRT-4. Maybe not from 0-60, but if you actually took a WRX and lined it up against an SRT-4 on a dirt track, the SRT-4 driver would be in for a BIGG suprise. Mainly because his car would probably crumble to pieces after he hit the first dirt jump...

wolfman1966
08-05-2007, 08:13 PM
I got a plain gray Neon SXT. Works great for a family car and gets good gas mileage, PLUS with the subs/amp in ...it gets pretty loud...lol

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:15 PM
okay well im gonna let you in on a little secret, a used WRX is about 13k-15k, and the WRX could annilihate the SRT-4. Maybe not from 0-60, but if you actually took a WRX and lined it up against an SRT-4 on a dirt track, the SRT-4 driver would be in for a BIGG suprise. Mainly because his car would probably crumble to pieces after he hit the first dirt jump...

I'm not looking to be taking any big jumps anytime soon.......The wrx is bad.....untill you look at the interior and its ****....

dvrmstrng
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
where the hell did dirt jumps come from?

lookitsjim23
08-05-2007, 08:16 PM
Mileage $22,550
Price

for an 04 STI..first year they came out in america

SRT4 were 20,000 brand new came out to maybe 21 after everything

lookitsjim23
08-05-2007, 08:20 PM
and the to the kid talking **** about the SRT4 on how it *****..all your doing is saying the same **** every single person know, so please stop on the **** talking of the neon...your comparing 2 completely different cars

who the hell would have guessed a WRX/STI AWD would beat a srt4 FWD car in a twisty dirt road course...

jonnybusa
08-05-2007, 08:21 PM
Yeah there are other posts on it i know I searched ;).....but anyway why is there some much hating for srt-4's? I'm thinking about getting one and I wanna know why people hate them so much? Yeah so you hate the drivers.....I'm a respectable driver...i mean i'm 18 and never been in an accident or got "caught speeding" so you gonna hate me for owning one? Sure I would love to go out and buy a WRX STi but I don't have that kinda cash.....(i'm 18). Give me a reason not to buy one......(yah i already know it's kinda a neon so what) Let the hating begin....:viking2:

I think some hate them because they are jealous that they mop the florr w/ alot of sports cars....including some V8's. I have a friend who has one w/ mild bolt ons, and w/ me driving it, its been a best of 13.2@108. It really does fly.
I wouldnt buy one, but you have to be impressed by the performance of them, no matter what your preference.

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:22 PM
I Don't Live In The Amazon....we Have Paved Roads Here

LoudCrownVic
08-05-2007, 08:26 PM
Why hate? I don't think they are that bad.

Personaly i would never own one unless it was dirt *** cheap, but hey man if thats what makes you scream, do it. There is some douche retired guy from where I live that has one and he got in the fukkin newspaper because he did good in the stock class drag races with it...

xtremez
08-05-2007, 08:28 PM
bc they are dodges :fyi:

yeah i agree with rega8r on that... but i can contest first hand that they are quick lil cars. A buddy tried racing one n got smoked... course his ride at the time was a pos.

One Bad MOFO
08-05-2007, 08:29 PM
and the to the kid talking **** about the SRT4 on how it *****..all your doing is saying the same **** every single person know, so please stop on the **** talking of the neon...your comparing 2 completely different cars
who the hell would have guessed a WRX/STI AWD would beat a srt4 FWD car in a twisty dirt road course...

yep yer right, an srt 4 is NOT a neon.
do they even make coupes or are they all 4 doors?

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:30 PM
yep yer right, an srt 4 is NOT a neon.
do they even make coupes or are they all 4 doors?

Nah just sedans, but coupes would be sweet......anyway...how bout reliability?

Skip01
08-05-2007, 08:34 PM
I love the power they make for a 4cyl and at under 19k new

Id buy one not for my daily driver but id love to have one to play with.....Stg 3 is only like 1300 and that 350hp on higher octane...for fwd they move

JLa Obsessed
08-05-2007, 08:35 PM

DODGE....how is this not getting to you

JLa Obsessed
08-05-2007, 08:37 PM

theyre in the same class buddy, thats why i was comparing them, and you helped me make my point that a WRX is a better choice because of its AWD

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:38 PM
DODGE....how is this not getting to you

Well my ford sure is a piece of ****.....so i'm thinking anything is better than it. my family has owned many dodge and ford vehicles and surprisingly the dodges hold up better....so i'm leaning toward them.

JLa Obsessed
08-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Well my ford sure is a piece of ****.....so i'm thinking anything is better than it. my family has owned many dodge and ford vehicles and surprisingly the dodges hold up better....so i'm leaning toward them.

As much as I hate to say it, the Dodge isnt bad for a DD, more reliable then the Evo IMO but not as reliable as the WRX

LoudCrownVic
08-05-2007, 08:46 PM

Wanna sell your truck?

SplChoice-
08-05-2007, 08:50 PM
sti wrx is the way to go man...im actually prob going to get the new evo

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:52 PM
Wanna sell your truck?

It's in the shop now:suicide: , but whenever i get it back i think i might sell it.....

Skip01
08-05-2007, 08:53 PM
theyre in the same class buddy, thats why i was comparing them, and you helped me make my point that a WRX is a better choice because of its AWD

And what class would that be?

24k to 19k
AWD to FWD

Your the one that compared them on dirt which they do not at all...you dont see many rally cars of SRT4s:laugh:

zthumper
08-05-2007, 08:53 PM
sti wrx is the way to go man...im actually prob going to get the new evo

yeah i love the sti...it's just a little to much money for me.

Skip01
08-05-2007, 08:57 PM
yeah i love the sti...it's just a little to much money for me.

Yehh 30k is a lil over the top for most......a used Evo would be sweet

wolfman1966
08-05-2007, 09:02 PM
ME
2004 Dodge Neon SXT
bought NEW for 16k
has 48k miles on it
no problems, however I do change the oil regularly and keep it well maintained.

brchd
08-05-2007, 09:03 PM
riceboypage.com

NYR36
08-05-2007, 09:05 PM
And what class would that be?

24k to 19k
AWD to FWD

Your the one that compared them on dirt which they do not at all...you dont see many rally cars of SRT4s:laugh:

:word: :iagree:

brchd
08-05-2007, 09:07 PM
this is ****** IMO
http://i170.photobucket.com/albums/u254/brchd/pink-neon.jpg

brchd
08-05-2007, 09:08 PM
Kidding!

zthumper
08-05-2007, 09:13 PM
Kidding!

Just f*ckin leave now.....i'm not gonna make my car into a rice-mobile or drive like a ricer......

Eugenics
08-05-2007, 10:44 PM
Why dont i like them?

They're FWD

The drivers get incredibly cocky, because they can beat other vehicles in a straight line

They're only worthwhile in a straight line

It's still a neon

On the other hand, mods for them are relatively cheap and the $$$/HP ratio is quite nice, especially once you start modding them. The motors are bulletproof.

The SRT-4 is also a dodge, and dodges are well...americas biggest piece of crap company, I respect the Hemi in their Rams but when you put Hemi's in a giant piece of plastic **** thats going to fall apart in 3 years doesnt get you respect. And thats pretty much what the SRT-4 does. It takes a ****** neon engine, adds a ****** turbo and intercooler that will reduce the cars life by about 3 years, and then on top of it all, the neon's boost lag is worse then the WRX or the Evo.

My favorite part is Subaru actually has a team of engineers that design the STi, from brakes, shocks, exhaust, the whole kit and kaboodle. The neon on the other hand is pretty much just a stock neon with a loud exhaust that makes me wanna throw up everytime I hear it. I dont care who you are, anyone that buys an SRT-4 automatically drops in my book, an most of the kids I've met that drive them are douche bags.

Sorry for my rant, It just hard to express how much I really really hate that car.

You are beyond retarded.

First off, dodge does have a 'team of engineers', they're called SRT. Thats where the SRT vehicles came from... making sense?

The neon is pretty much stock? Pull your head out of your ***.

You're one to talk about douchebags.

That '******' neon motor is a bad *** race motor. Fall apart in 3 years? I highly highly doubt it. Pull your ******* head out of your ******* *** and quit answering questions until you have a single idea of what you're talking about.

The SRT-4 is a 1320 car, its meant to go fast in a straight line, a wrx is not going to beat it at its own game without a fair amount of money being dropped into it. You really can't get a better drag racer for your buck (srt-4).

And why the **** would anyone take a srt onto a dirt road.... how many wrx/sti owners take their vehicles on dirt roads? virtually none. Give me a ****ing break. Thats like saying race on ice, the driver with the studded tires will win!... well of course... but who cares? Is that your argument for the evo and wrx? That they'll win on a dirt road? Who cares!?

zthumper
08-05-2007, 10:56 PM
Eugenics is the f*cking man!

SRim23
08-05-2007, 11:04 PM

honestly im not sure about the srt-4 but i know about neons

my sis has an 02 neon SE. at the time it was one of the best neons you could buy.

anyways after about 3 years, 22k miles(garage kept) rear bumper faded, had to replace 2 fuel injectors, brakes squeal really bad(even after replacing pads and rotors), and we had to tune it up because in the winter when you started it, it shook uncontrollably until it warmed up(after new plug wires, plugs things runs pretty well)

just seems like alot of problems for a car with 22k miles.

and my girlfriend used to work at a dodge dealer and whenever someone would trade one in they would send it directly to auction to get them off their lot because they were pieces of ****.

SRim23
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM

my sis has an 02 neon SE. at the time it was one of the best neons you could buy.

anyways after about 3 years, 22k miles(garage kept) rear bumper faded, had to replace 2 fuel injectors, brakes squeal really bad(even after replacing pads and rotors), and we had to tune it up because in the winter when you started it, it shook uncontrollably until it warmed up(after new plug wires, plugs things runs pretty well)

and my girlfriend used to work at a dodge dealer and whenever someone would trade one in they would send it directly to auction to get them off their lot because they were pieces of ****.

SRim23
08-05-2007, 11:05 PM

SRim23
08-05-2007, 11:09 PM
sorry bout the triple post kept telling me the server was busy so i didnt think it went through

its_bacon12
08-05-2007, 11:14 PM

well no **** you ****ing ******* theyre designed for completely different conditions..

thats like saying vipers **** for offroading.. no ****..

Ku-sama
08-05-2007, 11:28 PM
sigh... I used to work in as a mechanics apprentice... I would say in the three weeks I worked there I worked on about 6 neons.. two of them I worked on twice. so I worked on neons 8 times.

THEY ARE NOT RELIABLE!

Ku-sama
08-05-2007, 11:29 PM
well no **** you ****ing ******* theyre designed for completely different conditions..

thats like saying vipers **** for offroading.. no ****..

it was a bad example... but yes, a stock WRX would whoop up on any stock STR-4 on any track, unless it is drag.... and IMO, I'd take an Evo 4 over an SRT 4

LoudCrownVic
08-05-2007, 11:58 PM
It's in the shop now:suicide: , but whenever i get it back i think i might sell it.....

Woo!

Eugenics
08-06-2007, 12:03 AM
it was a bad example... but yes, a stock WRX would whoop up on any stock STR-4 on any track, unless it is drag.... and IMO, I'd take an Evo 4 over an SRT 4

and a C5 vette would spank both of those, but thats not the point.

Ku-sama
08-06-2007, 12:34 AM
point is, for slightly more, a used WRX (not the STI) would out perform a SRT-4..

plus it's much better looking.

Skip01
08-06-2007, 12:56 AM
point is, for slightly more, a used WRX (not the STI) would out perform a SRT-4..

plus it's much better looking.

Both points are arguable

Out perform it at what.....autocross....or rally racing?

Autocross maybe not so good a point, but when are normal people ever gonna take there car racing in dirt, or a full blown track....and how often, and does that warrant getting a car that can do something better than the other because of that?

I like them both it would be a good toss up....now throw in a WRX Wagon and im sold...haha...love me some wagons:yumyum:

Eugenics
08-06-2007, 01:03 AM
Both points are arguable

Out perform it at what.....autocross....or rally racing?

Autocross maybe not so good a point, but when are normal people ever gonna take there car racing in dirt, or a full blown track....and how often, and does that warrant getting a car that can do something better than the other because of that?

I like them both it would be a good toss up....now throw in a WRX Wagon and im sold...haha...love me some wagons:yumyum:

x2, i would kill for a sti wagon... come on subie

I used to race on dirt courses, was quite a bit of fun. I'd probably do it again if i had a vehicle to do it with... with that said, in a crowd of wrx owners i would stick out like a sore thumb.

I agree, a lot of this bench talk about racing auto x or on a dirt course is no different then asking someone who owns a hummer why they bought it. "well its great offroad (lie, its hardly any better than a tahoe... because it is a tahoe)... well that may be, but do they ever get taken offroad? No.

Ku-sama
08-06-2007, 01:06 AM
WRX runs better and has better low end torque Boxer engines FTW..

BTW, the 08's are all gonna be hatchbacks...

Skip01
08-06-2007, 01:21 AM

Lies

http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=IMPREZAWRX&trim=4DOOR

Ku-sama
08-06-2007, 01:22 AM
Lies

http://www.subaru.com/shop/overview.jsp?model=IMPREZAWRX&trim=4DOOR

oh wow, they are gonna be releasing them as sedans... I was going by what I was told by the dealer like 6 months ago.... **** changes :)

Eugenics
08-06-2007, 01:25 AM

No, there are going to be sedans too. Regardless they will be ugly as ****.

Skip01
08-06-2007, 01:25 AM
oh wow, they are gonna be releasing them as sedans... I was going by what I was told by the dealer like 6 months ago.... **** changes :)

Oh no....dealers just dont know/lie....**** i said GMC trucks dont come in v6s anymore...haha i didnt know and we didnt have any on the lot so BAM...sold him a v8:)

Ku-sama
08-06-2007, 01:26 AM
I'm sure he just didn't know..

there is some hope in the world...

Eugenics
08-06-2007, 01:32 AM
Oh no....dealers just dont know/lie....**** i said GMC trucks dont come in v6s anymore...haha i didnt know and we didnt have any on the lot so BAM...sold him a v8:)

I take it you sell cars?

Skip01
08-06-2007, 01:34 AM
I take it you sell cars?

I like to think i can......but yeh thats my handle:suicide:

audiobahnuser18
08-06-2007, 03:17 AM
I have a friend that has a srt-4 im not gonna hate completley on them . granted i can't stand dodge besides there trucks only respect they get from me. but as for that srt-4 im not a big fan of just because the guy's around here by me make em look so fcked up i mean i gotta give some credit to the people that make em farely decent as a show car that can do it right and not look like sh*T. i'll take american muscle though over a ricer anyday:D:).

Ferendon
08-06-2007, 04:44 AM
I've read the first page, and found lots of mis-information. The SRT-4 does NOT have a stock Neon engine with a turbo. It's a different engine altogether. Stock neon is a 2.0, SRT is a 2.4 turbo. First off, I think they are a marvel in terms of torque. Very few 4-bangers make more torque that HP, and of this, I am a fan. I drive a taurus SHO, so I get alot of "it's just a Taurus" when it is, in fact, completely different. In essence, the same, but restyled, and reworked mechanically, to make a different car. The SRT-4 is actually a very sharp looking car, with very nice stock wheels, and styling. I don't see anything wrong with them. People can hate on Dodge all they want, they make much better cars than what people give them credit for. Are all of they cars good? **** no. Do Mercedes and BMW make a ****** car every now and again? Yes. You can't judge a company in whole, by a few errors. For every error Dodge has made in judgment or design, they've made quite a few good decisions as well. The car is rated at 230hp/250tq, and I've seen STOCK ones, put down 223hp/250tq to the wheels. I've seen one put down 248hp to the wheels with just a couple bolt ons.

Skip01
08-06-2007, 03:47 PM
Ill disagree with you about the stock wheels...my god they are hideous.

Silver
08-06-2007, 07:10 PM
I've read the first page, and found lots of mis-information. The SRT-4 does NOT have a stock Neon engine with a turbo. It's a different engine altogether. Stock neon is a 2.0, SRT is a 2.4 turbo. First off, I think they are a marvel in terms of torque. Very few 4-bangers make more torque that HP, and of this, I am a fan. I drive a taurus SHO, so I get alot of "it's just a Taurus" when it is, in fact, completely different. In essence, the same, but restyled, and reworked mechanically, to make a different car. The SRT-4 is actually a very sharp looking car, with very nice stock wheels, and styling. I don't see anything wrong with them. People can hate on Dodge all they want, they make much better cars than what people give them credit for. Are all of they cars good? **** no. Do Mercedes and BMW make a ****** car every now and again? Yes. You can't judge a company in whole, by a few errors. For every error Dodge has made in judgment or design, they've made quite a few good decisions as well. The car is rated at 230hp/250tq, and I've seen STOCK ones, put down 223hp/250tq to the wheels. I've seen one put down 248hp to the wheels with just a couple bolt ons.

I like you. SHO's are ****** too =).

My opinion. I think they are ugly, but the can seriously tear some stuff up at the drag track. Its a impressive build by SRT. I still prefer a SS Cobalt Stage 2.

The only dodges I'd ever own.

http://www.dragtimes.com/images/9202-2006-Dodge-Charger.jpg
http://www.carbodydesign.com/archive/2006/01/16-dodge-challenger-concept/Dodge%20Challenger%20Concept%202-lg.jpg

zthumper
08-07-2007, 08:07 PM
Is this better?
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2007/8/4/227/848/2604745808.227848541.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

One Bad MOFO
08-08-2007, 01:13 PM
Is this better?
http://images.autotrader.com/images/2007/8/4/227/848/2604745808.227848541.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jp g

much better than a srt 4 imho.
try to find a 2.5 rs if you can... if you turbo one, its pretty much a 2 door sti for a hell of a lot less

killa_soundz
08-08-2007, 01:22 PM

who drives on dirt?to each is own i say. get what you like,**** other peoples opinions.alot of people dont like hondas for example,alot of people dont like alot of things,cant please every one:rolleyes:

zthumper
08-09-2007, 07:31 PM
Well......my truck cost me a little more than i thought, so now i don't have the money i thought i would.....what do you guys think of a tiburon? I know their slow as fvck, but there just so dam ****.

Foglght
08-16-2007, 11:37 AM

So lets actually do the comparison:

1. They both have the same stupid wing on the back
2. They both have 4cyl engines with turbos
3. They both have drivetrain reliability issues
4. WRX is faster until about 100mph
5. Neon is cheaper to repair
6. They both have about the same aftermarket support
7. They both understeer really bad in stock form
8. The WRX has better brakes
9. The neon has better factory support (read: warranty)
10. The Neon is cheaper and easier to put on a chassis dyno
11. Insurance is WAAAAY lower for the Neon
12. WRX has a better overall engine design
13. The Neon has a bigger interior

There's a few non-subjective comparisons. I've driven and raced and raced against both in SCCA racing. The insurance prices kept me from buying a STI, or even a WRX, and I don't even have points on my license.

BTW, SRT engineering did quite a bit of re-engineering on the Neon to get it to SRT status. It wasn't just cobbled together like that one dude said. Dodge, like Subaru had a team of engineers working on development for that vehicle.

Personally, don't think it really matters which car you buy if its for the street. Both cars are great, but they are both really bouncy and harsh. If I want a 4-door, I want some thing a little bigger, like a Legacy or an Altima (which I have).

I do have a line on a SCCA T-2 Subaru STI with full cage AND interior that is still street legal and prepped VERY well for 20k even. It's the steal of the century if you wanted to go racing. JRZ remote resivoir shocks, 3 computers, fire system, and spares.

bumpweLL.nYc
08-16-2007, 01:18 PM
i dont understand why dodge wanted to get into the econo rocket market and do it based on the neon, after the prototype Razor was getting all that attention?
And now they revamp the Razor aka Demon, maybe theyll get it right this time.
Im not sure if its a good idea to get a used STI/WRX, definetly not the WRX it doesnt have a bulletproof tranny like the STI, but any of those used is going to have hard miles on it.
Have you looked at any of the Mazdaspeeds?

Eugenics
08-16-2007, 01:23 PM
MS3 is a great vehicle.

But i think it would be fairly easy to find a WRX that hasn't been beaten.

Foglght
08-16-2007, 10:16 PM
The econo rocket market is a great one to be in. Get a boost controller and have the best of both worlds. Turn it down when on the freeway and when you don't want the power....then turn it up when some wanker in a disco era lead sled wants to show you how slow his car is.

bumpinne0n
08-22-2007, 05:35 PM

Wow lol lots of misinformation in this post.

SRT= Dodge's performance team/engineers. The SRT-4 is a lot different from a regular neon, just like the WRX STi is a lot different from a regular WRX. It has a different engine, transmission, wheels, brakes, exhaust, suspension, seats, etc. Turbo lag isn't that bad on them, full boost is right around 3k rpms.

lol

The WRX will more than likely beat the srt-4 to 0-60, AWD > FWD. However, it'll be short lived because the srt-4 will gain ground and eventually pass the wrx.

If you can find one that looks like it's been taken care of and hasn't had the **** beat out of it, then you should be fine. There are a few on srt forums with 100,000+ miles. The '05s seem to have more problems than any other year model. '03s had 215hp while the '04s+ had 230hp, they came with larger (stage 1) injectors which allowed for the higher power. The '04 & '05s also came with a limited slip differential.

I love the power they make for a 4cyl and at under 19k new

Id buy one not for my daily driver but id love to have one to play with.....Stg 3 is only like 1300 and that 350hp on higher octane...for fwd they move

When they first came out, they were $19,995. I believe that jumped to somewhere around the $21k mark before production was ended.

The mopar stage 3 kit is around $3000-3500 IIRC. But it's worth every penny, from what I've heard. There aren't any tuning complications, it's basically just a bolt-on kit.

They're only worthwhile in a straight line

That's true in stock form. They aren't that bad though for what they are once you start working on the suspension.

I have a friend that has a srt-4 im not gonna hate completley on them . granted i can't stand dodge besides there trucks only respect they get from me. but as for that srt-4 im not a big fan of just because the guy's around here by me make em look so fcked up i mean i gotta give some credit to the people that make em farely decent as a show car that can do it right and not look like sh*T. i'll take american muscle though over a ricer anyday.

Yeah some people make them look like ****. It's basically the same with any other car, some look good and others don't.

They aren't all bad looking though:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7383/srt4hill1eo3.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srt4hill1eo3.jpg)
http://img75.imageshack.us/img75/7938/86068925fullnx5.th.jpg (http://img75.imageshack.us/my.php?image=86068925fullnx5.jpg)
http://img523.imageshack.us/img523/295/dsc021201cg8.th.jpg (http://img523.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dsc021201cg8.jpg)

My opinion. I think they are ugly, but the can seriously tear some stuff up at the drag track. Its a impressive build by SRT. I still prefer a SS Cobalt Stage 2.

Eh, personally I wasn't that impressed with the SS. I couldn't really put my finger on it when I drove them, but there was just something about it I didn't like. Not to mention, their motors aren't bulletproof like SRT-4s. I believe they start having problems around the 300hp mark..

i dont understand why dodge wanted to get into the econo rocket market and do it based on the neon, after the prototype Razor was getting all that attention?
And now they revamp the Razor aka Demon, maybe theyll get it right this time.
Im not sure if its a good idea to get a used STI/WRX, definetly not the WRX it doesnt have a bulletproof tranny like the STI, but any of those used is going to have hard miles on it.
Have you looked at any of the Mazdaspeeds?

Dodge wanted to compete in the sport compact market, thus the reason for choosing the neon platform. The SRT-4 was built to compete with the Sentra SE-R Spec V, SVT Focus, Mazdaspeed Protege, etc. Needless to say, performance-wise the srt-4 blew the competition out of the water. IMO, the Demon/Razor concept is meant to compete with the saturn sky/pontiac solstice. Hopefully Dodge will get it right.

rtillaree
08-23-2007, 06:05 AM
"its still a neon"...the worst production car on the road, tied with the cavalier...

Skip01
08-23-2007, 03:52 PM
ha good info bumpinn....i new i had that Stg 3 price way off haha.....but for like 350hp on the HOM setting its welllllll worth the money

Also of your gonna call that "still a neon", than youll have to call a Cobra,Mach1,etc. "still a mustang"
Or a Lightning "still a F150"

SethPhillips
08-23-2007, 03:58 PM
how's about buying a cheep, gass saveing car. and save ur money???
it seams the the thing to do is spend money like it's going out of style. when down the road we will all be in debt up to or eyeballs...

Jameseypoo
08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
dodge is trying to get in the 'race' scene....

I think they've been in it for quite awhile now

http://hem.passagen.se/sammpe/bilder/1996%20Dodge%20Viper%20GTS%20Sport%20Coupe%20f3q.j pg

zthumper
08-23-2007, 04:26 PM
For all your fvckers who think they know what I should get....then tell me....what should i get? Looking for a fast car, less than 13 grand, FWD or AWD, considerably good gas mileage...what's the genius have to say?

edit '99 or newer

Jameseypoo
08-23-2007, 04:29 PM
Mid 90's m3?

zthumper
08-23-2007, 05:01 PM
Mid 90's m3?

I would like to have a '99 or newer.....

Skip01
08-23-2007, 05:18 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770874

Bet they get about the same mpg as WRX or SRT4

bdawson72
08-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I actually wanted one.

zthumper
08-23-2007, 05:22 PM
http://ls1tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=770874

Bet they get about the same mpg as WRX or SRT4

Since it's FWD or AWD..........love the car, but not looking at RWDs

Skip01
08-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Since it's FWD or AWD..........love the car, but not looking at RWDs

Gayyyyyyyyyyyy :nerd:

zthumper
08-23-2007, 06:45 PM
Gayyyyyyyyyyyy :nerd:

u wanna try and drive a camaro in the winter here? didn't think so

BreakMyWallet
08-23-2007, 07:43 PM
**** we got some RWD haters.. rwd+bmw handling+bmw chassis FTW!

took a wrx through the canyon.

im not fond of rice rockets that are just used for speed.

Skip01
08-23-2007, 09:29 PM
u wanna try and drive a camaro in the winter here? didn't think so

Thats what tire chains are for :santa:

zthumper
08-23-2007, 09:43 PM
Thats what tire chains are for :santa:

okay seriously nobody has told me any other cars to consider.....

Djpac
08-23-2007, 10:20 PM
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Honda Civic Si
Chevy Cobalt SS
Subaru Impreza WRX (its still a lot like the STi)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally (AKA Raliart)
Nissan 200SX
Nissan 240X
Nissan 300Z
Toyota Supra (MKIII)
Honda Prelude
Honda S2000
Nissan Silvia
Honda Accord
Hyundai Tiburon
Saturn SKy
Acura Integra GSR
Acura RSX Type-S
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Honda NSX
Honda/Acura NSX
Scion tC
Ford Mustang (Used)
Toyota MR2
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Porsche Boxster
Lexus IS300
Audi A4
Mazda RX-8
Mazda RX-7
Mazda 3
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry

How about those to consider???

Skip01
08-23-2007, 10:59 PM
Nissan Sentra SE-R Spec V
Nissan Maxima
Nissan Altima
Honda Civic Si
Chevy Cobalt SS
Subaru Impreza WRX (its still a lot like the STi)
Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VIII
Mitsubishi Lancer OZ Rally (AKA Raliart)
Nissan 200SX
Nissan 240X
Nissan 300Z
Toyota Supra (MKIII)
Honda Prelude
Honda S2000
Nissan Silvia
Honda Accord
Hyundai Tiburon
Saturn SKy
Acura Integra GSR
Acura RSX Type-S
Mitsubishi Eclipse
Honda NSX
Honda/Acura NSX
Scion tC
Ford Mustang (Used)
Toyota MR2
Toyota MR2 Spyder
Porsche Boxster
Lexus IS300
Audi A4
Mazda RX-8
Mazda RX-7
Mazda 3
Toyota Corolla
Toyota Camry

How about those to consider???

He said under 13k,fast, and FWD/AWD....3/4 of that list doesnt equal that...**** maybe all

Skip01
08-23-2007, 11:00 PM
okay seriously nobody has told me any other cars to consider.....

How bout you grow a pair and choose it yourself :wow:

Theres been 7pages of suggestions/comments:suicide:

azbass
08-23-2007, 11:05 PM
They aren't all bad looking though:
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7383/srt4hill1eo3.th.jpg (http://img213.imageshack.us/my.php?image=srt4hill1eo3.jpg)

no thats still really dumb looking. i mean stick on headlight covers?

azbass
08-23-2007, 11:06 PM
oh and wheel gap. I could sleep in there.

sentra95
08-24-2007, 12:55 AM
Buy what ever you want, no one gives a flying ****!:wow:

BreakMyWallet
08-24-2007, 02:03 AM
dude go for an e36 m3.

you wont regret it.

dont bother with wack *** subis or evos because of boost

bumpinne0n
08-24-2007, 02:50 AM
no thats still really dumb looking. i mean stick on headlight covers?

:crying: They come with black plastic side mirrors from the factory along with manual back windows too :crying:.

Sorry we can't all afford vdub greatness :crying:.

Skip01
08-24-2007, 02:58 AM
manual back windows too :crying:.

I never understood that....guess gotta keep prices down somehow:greedy:

hempy
08-24-2007, 03:02 AM
MOPAR hating is certainly nothing new. I think (most) people hate them because they're cheaper and most likely faster than whatever they drive, all while looking like... well.... a neon.

The internals are all forged, right? I've heard they can take a lot of boost.

I think people get too caught up in car brands... much like football teams. They usually don't have anything to do with a team apart form living in their respective city yet act like they pay their salary.

Skip01
08-24-2007, 03:04 AM
NOLA!!!!!!......sup, im just over on the best bank

hempy
08-24-2007, 03:14 AM
NOLA!!!!!!......sup, im just over on the best bank

You guys drive friggin crazy. Out in Elmwood you can tell who's headin to the bridge just by the way they drive.

Skip01
08-24-2007, 03:15 AM
You guys drive friggin crazy. Out in Elmwood you can tell who's headin to the bridge just by the way they drive.

haha get the F outta our way....:up2somet:

bumpinne0n
08-25-2007, 01:07 AM
I never understood that....guess gotta keep prices down somehow:greedy:

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that it wasn't to keep prices down, but because the motor wouldn't fit in the door....anyway, some part of the electric window wouldn't fit lol. But yeah if it really bothers you, there's some pretty decent aftermarket kits out there for them.

Ferendon
08-27-2007, 06:37 AM
The shape of the door wouldn't allow the glass to recess far enough for it to constitute the cost. They can take some decent boost... On an aftermarket HG. The stock internals are cast, but I found no mention of forging....
The 2.4l "World" engine (http://www.allpar.com/mopar/24.html)
The stock guts are known to handle 500hp.