View Full Version : Do I need a HU?

08-05-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm thinking of purchasing a JVC-KD-SHX700 from a guy, but I want to be able to hook up my ipod to it and also my Pioneer cd changer to it. Do I need to purchase a head unit for it? If so where? What kind? Can anyone help I really don't know much about whats needed to installing car stereos. Thanks Cindee

08-05-2007, 01:42 AM
HU is just an abbreviation for Head Unit meaning cd player. which sounds like what you are buying.

check jvc's web site and it should tell you whether your ipod can be played off of it.

also i believe my pioneer cd changer can be used only with other pioneer head units(i could be wrong) so your cd changer may not be able to be used with that unit.

08-05-2007, 02:13 AM
Thank you so much!! That helped alot. I went to JVC.Com and read that I could purchase a JVC Auxillary Input Adaptor.

08-05-2007, 02:20 AM
but what about the changer?run it thru the aux.?