PDA

View Full Version : lowering a 95 Dodge Spirit

SethPhillips
08-03-2007, 01:37 PM
i would love to drop my dodge spirit like 2-3 '' im going to need to replace the shocks and struts really soon. but i dont know if they make drop kit for this thing.....

i think it wouls look pretty good tucking stock wheel's lol....
really...

anyone know where to look. or the know how??

jdawg
08-03-2007, 02:02 PM
Eibach makes a kit but its only like an inch. Neon front coil overs would work but on the rear you would have to weld something on the axle and use a universal type coil over. 3" in that cut you will have NO suspension travel I can tell you.

SethPhillips
08-04-2007, 04:02 PM
****!! i wanna slam this bad boy..

LoudCrownVic
08-05-2007, 09:44 AM
Pics?

ShiningBuick
08-05-2007, 09:24 PM
If you want it slammed why not put it on bags?

bdawson72
08-05-2007, 09:27 PM
I dont even know why someone would lower a spirit

SuperchargedRS
08-05-2007, 09:53 PM
they sell a lowering kit for that car, it's called a guy in TJ with a torch lol

SethPhillips
08-09-2007, 11:46 AM
I dont even know why someone would lower a spirit

why do negro's buy ****** azz old high milage car's and dump more then thay paid for the car into them?????

i just want to be lower to the earth... not looking for performance.. the car is dark green, look's like a little caddilac.... figured it would look better lowerd. tuckin factory wheels...

they sell a lowering kit for that car, it's called a guy in TJ with a torch lol

i just might do that but worried about a sloppy ride.

LoudCrownVic
08-09-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm sure you could do it but i doubt it is worth the effort.

bdawson72
08-09-2007, 01:00 PM
why do negro's buy ****** azz old high milage car's and dump more then thay paid for the car into them?????

i just want to be lower to the earth... not looking for performance.. the car is dark green, look's like a little caddilac.... figured it would look better lowerd. tuckin factory wheels...

Racist

SethPhillips
08-09-2007, 01:24 PM
you call it racist... i call it the truth... the next time you see a 85 caprice with allmost every turn signal and tailight busted out with a sagging headliner and leaking oil like a amofo but it's still on 26's.... you will think of me...

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 04:08 AM
Lower it all you want. I got a buddy with a dakota rt truck. He lowered that thing 4.5 inches, yes it sits low. It's a truck and still *****. Speed bumps? Nope, can't go over them at school. Dips in the rode, you have to come to a complete stop. Think about it in a car.

Scoobydoo
08-10-2007, 04:15 AM
is the term "negro" still politically correct?

might as well call "them" colored folk

either way save your money and buy a car worth more than $200

Scoobydoo
08-10-2007, 04:17 AM

BTW, looking at your sig and your car, this quote is irony at its finest

Mustang01
08-10-2007, 04:19 AM
BTW, looking at your sig and your car, this quote is irony at its finest

haha x2

vvblazers777
08-10-2007, 04:21 AM
Please don't lower a spirit. How are you going to get through pot holes?

mazdakid
08-13-2007, 07:09 PM
just take the srpings out or cut them in half

SethPhillips
08-14-2007, 03:53 PM
Lower it all you want. I got a buddy with a dakota rt truck. He lowered that thing 4.5 inches, yes it sits low. It's a truck and still *****. Speed bumps? Nope, can't go over them at school. Dips in the rode, you have to come to a complete stop. Think about it in a car.

my truck is about 3- 3 1/2'' from the frame to the ground... had it for the last 3 years like that... none of that bother's me.....for a mini trucker that's a way of life...

is the term "negro" still politically correct?

might as well call "them" colored folk

either way save your money and buy a car worth more than $200

the car blue book's at 2,500.00
plus i got it for free.. it's clean.. i posted a few pic's of it on here at one time??
soooooo even tho the stereo in it is worth more then the car.. it dosent matter cause i can pull that all out and put it in another car.....

jdawg
08-14-2007, 04:02 PM
I think intrax made a kit at one time too. Honestly chopping a wrap out shouldnt hurt anything, more than that is gonna ride like **** though. You could get a front bag kit for a Neon, their struts are really close, but thats like $800 in itself, then you have valves, tank, rear bags, compressor etc. If you got a front spring/strut assembly from a Shelby Daytona that might get you close to an inch

SethPhillips
08-14-2007, 04:04 PM
I think intrax made a kit at one time too. Honestly chopping a wrap out shouldnt hurt anything, more than that is gonna ride like **** though. You could get a front bag kit for a Neon, their struts are really close, but thats like $800 in itself, then you have valves, tank, rear bags, compressor etc. If you got a front spring/strut assembly from a Shelby Daytona that might get you close to an inch

im no longer going to lower it.
1. i need tires before winter
2. i hit a poll the other day:crap: and it's gunna cost me about 100.00 to have it fixed
3. would love to lower it.. just not worth it tho...

smd4life
08-14-2007, 04:08 PM
imo the car's not worth enough to do all that work to it.....just get tires and be done with it

SethPhillips
08-14-2007, 04:11 PM
tire's for sure..
if i got some 20's for free or cheep. i would throw's some rims on it.... but that's it...
maybe new shock's struts.. brake job.. and run it into the ground..

jdawg
08-14-2007, 04:18 PM
13" wires with white walls

FineLinePimpin
08-30-2007, 04:55 PM
You hit a pole and its going to cost 100 bucks to fix it...wow.

85Caprice4d
09-01-2007, 03:09 PM
you call it racist... i call it the truth... the next time you see a 85 caprice with allmost every turn signal and tailight busted out with a sagging headliner and leaking oil like a amofo but it's still on 26's.... you will think of me...
:crap:i resent that.
and im white.

Ferendon
09-03-2007, 02:44 AM

word....

On a 95 spirit, a nice set of 17s would look killer.

And **** the naysayers. Let them make fun of your car, don't mean ****. I drive a Taurus. A Taurus that's putting over 250 to the wheels, with no spray or boost, and can walk quite a number of cars that are much faster on paper.

FineLinePimpin
09-03-2007, 10:10 AM
word....

On a 95 spirit, a nice set of 17s would look killer.

And **** the naysayers. Let them make fun of your car, don't mean ****. I drive a Taurus. A Taurus that's putting over 250 to the wheels, with no spray or boost, and can walk quite a number of cars that are much faster on paper.

What year SHO do you have?

Ferendon
09-03-2007, 03:33 PM
2 * 92, 1* 91, 1*90

Ferendon
09-03-2007, 03:36 PM
Only one of them is not wrecked, and it started up for the first time in 6 months, yesterday. Just did a full 60k maintenance, new clutch/flywheel, plugs, wires, ign system, Koni Yellows, Eibachs - short a coil, TPR bushings, SS brake lines, and several other little things. Soon to have the rear half of the exhaust redone. Then it's time for some black suede and a fresh coat of paint, and some new shoes. I bought the car for $1300, drove the **** out of it for about 2 years, with nothing more than a set of tires and some basic maintenance. Then I snapped a PP strap... So I decided to rip the whole ****er apart... I should have it back on the road in a week.

InhumanAcura
09-03-2007, 03:49 PM

just white walls? nucca, you need the mayo and the mustard on dem tirtdeens..

Safe-N-Sound215
09-03-2007, 03:54 PM

No, not even close.