PDA

View Full Version : 780mp still no luck

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 08:24 PM
Ok I found some time earlier to run a ground wire from the H/U to bare metal frame of the car and i'm still getting horrible noise. I even get the noise when the radio is turned off. As soon as i turn the car on, the noise starts. When i unplug the RCA's from the amp, 99% of the noise stops but i can still hear a slight hissing if i put my ear right up to the tweeter. Although i dont think it would be audible with music. Does this sound like a typical 780mp problem?

I dont know what else to do. Ive tried 3 different ground locations including a substantial metal piece of the frame of the car, ive also tried grounding the RCA's and still nothing. The only way to get rid of the noise is to unplug the RCA from the amp or turn the car completely off. Is this just another pioneer thats fried?

djeazie
08-01-2007, 09:44 PM
If the h/u is off, and you still have noise, and then you unplug the rcas and loose most of the noise, correct. It sounds like you amplifier and rcas may be the problem not your h/u. Try rerouting your rcas or even replacing them with a heavily sheilded set.

xplicitACTS
08-01-2007, 09:49 PM
Wrap a ground wire around the rca ends where it plugs to the HU and then ground those.

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 11:00 PM
Wrap a ground wire around the rca ends where it plugs to the HU and then ground those.

I've already done that and it did not help one bit. :crying:

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 11:03 PM
If the h/u is off, and you still have noise, and then you unplug the rcas and loose most of the noise, correct. It sounds like you amplifier and rcas may be the problem not your h/u. Try rerouting your rcas or even replacing them with a heavily sheilded set.

I will be re routing the RCA's tomorrow. However, like you mentioned, now im afraid there is something wrong with the amp. Could the installer have blow my amp when he put in the new radio? Everything was working perfectly before with the old radio. I just wanted a simple upgrade! :verymad:

valter
08-01-2007, 11:06 PM
I had problem like this years ago, Pioneer P4700mp in F-Body too :) My spiral 11mm plug wires sounded louder then music... Grounding and ground loop isolator was not helping... RCA was shielded and run perfectly, etc...
BTW, I had RF Punch amp. Swapped to MTX - even more noise... Swapped to Alpine - 99% of noise was gone. Swapped to JL 300/4 - almost no noise :) But still, not perfect. Swapped HU to Eclipse CD3000 - that solved everything...

bdavies11
08-01-2007, 11:08 PM
I had problem like this years ago, Pioneer P4700mp in F-Body too :) My spiral 11mm plug wires sounded louder then music... Grounding and ground loop isolator was not helping... RCA was shielded and run perfectly, etc...
BTW, I had RF Punch amp. Swapped to MTX - even more noise... Swapped to Alpine - 99% of noise was gone. Swapped to JL 300/4 - almost no noise :) But still, not perfect. Swapped HU to Eclipse CD3000 - that solved everything...

Haha, well i really dont wanna swap H/u's cause this one is quite **** if i can get rid of the noise. And i dont really have the $ to be swamping amps right now either.